[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steeler Fans Rejoice

Menudo

Everyone else is jealous of the Steelers and their success and is embarassed that they root for the biggest bunch of criminals the NFL has ever had ? :D Doubtful.

No, I'm guessing there are other reasons.

And Menudo, what, besides the columnist, is the prognosis for Roethlisberger being available for Week 1? Because I don't really see that anywhere else?

Edited by godtomsatan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning broke his jaw in a game against the Dolphins and missed ONE play. It was wired shut after the game, and he missed ZERO games. He wore a face guard with some extra bars on it to protect it, but he didn't miss a game.

The Captain brings up a good point. The helmet can be adapted to protect the areas of Ben's face that were injured. Ben's young and motivated to play. If his recuperation is uncomplicated, I don't think he'll miss any regular season games.

Edited by Chargerz

And Menudo, what, besides the columnist, is the prognosis for Roethlisberger being available for Week 1? Because I don't really see that anywhere else?

John Clayton has been reporting the same thing on ESPN, but, it is all speculation at this time, and I'm with many in that I'lll believe it when I see it. I don't see him playing in Week 1, but, I'm still happy with the early results from the doctors.

Edited by Menudo

Listen, I am what I am. I root hard for the Steelers, I brag about the Steelers, I do some fishing sometimes, but, I have fun with all of it. I absolutely love this place and the people that make the message board what it is. I get defensive when it comes to the Steelers, which sometimes leads to battles. I understand my boasting and homerism annoys some or many, but, it cracks me up when I'm played out as a villian around here, or compared to Ugly Tuna. I never get into personal attacks, like some others on here, and some of the people I get into battles with are my favorites on this place, because they make it fun. I just can't believe I get to some people like it seems I do.

Listen, I am what I am. I root hard for the Steelers, I brag about the Steelers, I do some fishing sometimes, but, I have fun with all of it. I absolutely love this place and the people that make the message board what it is. I get defensive when it comes to the Steelers, which sometimes leads to battles. I understand my boasting and homerism annoys some or many, but, it cracks me up when I'm played out as a villian around here, or compared to Ugly Tuna. I never get into personal attacks, like some others on here, and some of the people I get into battles with are my favorites on this place, because they make it fun. I just can't believe I get to some people like it seems I do.

:D STEELERS RAVVK!!!! Keep doing what you do Menudo, as a die hard Steelers fan myself, I love to see us folks stand up for the best team in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jake_the_builder

And that's why people don't like you. Rather simple really.

Thanks, remind me again who you are ?

Edited by Menudo

I've never been able to figure out if your ego is massive or your skin is thin?

I like Menudo, but just think he goes too far sometimes. I know a lot of Packer fans that do the same.

Besides if Hugh One doesn't like him he can't be all bad. :D

I like Menudo, but just think he goes too far sometimes. I know a lot of Packer fans that do the same.

Besides if Hugh One doesn't like him he can't be all bad. :D

I like Hugh and Menudo-why, oh why, can't we all just get along. Menudo is the High Preist of the Cult of Big Ben-nuttin wrong with that at all, as I'd take Menudo zeal for the Steelers over the bandwagoneers anyday.

And once again a Steelers thread is now about Menudo instead of the Steelers....

Sorry Squeegie.

Edited by Menudo

I've never been able to figure out if your ego is massive or your skin is thin?

:D It's probably a bit of both. I usually can take quite a bit, but, there are times, like yesterday, when I'm wired pretty tight and try to fight back, when I should just let it go. As for an ego, I've been accused of having a big ego in my life, so that is probably true as well.

I like Hugh and Menudo-why, oh why, can't we all just get along. Menudo is the High Preist of the Cult of Big Ben-nuttin wrong with that at all, as I'd take Menudo zeal for the Steelers over the bandwagoneers anyday.

Good points. At least you know where Menudo and Hugh One stand. If the Vikings could get to the Super Bowl perhaps we could see a battle.

You don't owe me any apologies.

But, dude, if you don't respond to every little jab that they take, you won't make every thread about you.

Doing that is my job, and I generally keep it in the Tailgate. :D

Your punishment, Menudo, is to serve as Squeegiebo's concubine and protege'in the Tailgate until further notice.

I certainly hope for a speedy recovery but I feel that opening day is pushing it. I want him to recover and be back on the field as much as anyone. I just don't want him to rush back and make things worse. It will be curious to see if the Steelers start bringing any QB's in to workout. That may be the only way we will get an early indication on how Ben is really progressing and how realistic an opening day start may be for him.

I guess since Ben is so young that he may have a pretty good chance of being able to move on after he is better than if it were to happen later on in his career.

Wow. That's witty. You must be all jacked up over getting Air McNair. The Purple Crows should dominate this season. :D

Edited by fitzkek

Well, they probably will hold him out week one, because they'll cruise against the Dolphins no matter who is at QB............... :D

Let's even things up... I will see to it that our QB is up in the air for week one.

Funny... I was sad about this whole Ben thing... and I was watching Total Access.. than they mentioned something about his being ready for week one about the Phins... :D

I had forgotten about that.

I mean, he's hurt already, right? :D Its not like I am wishing further injury on him :D

I'll take a better chance to win where I can get it.

:D It's probably a bit of both. I usually can take quite a bit, but, there are times, like yesterday, when I'm wired pretty tight and try to fight back, when I should just let it go. As for an ego, I've been accused of having a big ego in my life, so that is probably true as well.

It has nothing to do with thick skin or big ego. It has to do with you being more self-absorbed than any chick I've ever known. Heck, you even have Squeegie telling you to stop talking about yourself so much.

Manlove for Big Ben aside, think about it: You create a mess with almost every thread, and yet, you're never to blame. You rag on other teams, but then you deny it. You just have a big heart, you're misunderstood, and you always mean well. You think generally everyone loves you, but there are always those who are jealous of you. They're just haters, and while they hurt, there's really nothing you can do, because everyone secretly wishes they were a Steeler fan just like you.

Look at your answer above: There are times you are wired pretty tight? What's that? A little water retention messing with your emotions? We have to excuse irrational behavior because it's that special time?

I've anyalzed your typical post banner with some of the nation's top message board linguists, and here is a typical syntactical pattern they've dissected:

"My Big Ben is bigger than yours."

"Your Big Ben is a Small C(l)ock."

"That's not true! You've hurt my feelings! All I do is love, and yet you spew back hate! What have I done to you!?"

"I was just kidding, dude."

"Well, so was I."

Tell me that's not a chick in an argument.

Hey, at least he won you a Super Bowl.

By "he" do you mean Randle-El? :D

Glad he's going to be OK, but I still think he's a stubborn dumbass for not wearing a helmet. Stupidest thing you can do, IMO.