[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson

klo91

I know you guys all talk very highly of this guy and I'm sure somewhere there is already this same talk but I'll say it anyhow. Is he overvalued. In last years system he was a stud but=

1. Priest Holmes isn't totally out of the picture

2. No Tony Richardson

3. New coach, new coordinator, new system. (Al Saunders was the man.)

4. Lines not any younger.

I had him last year and he was the man. If it were last years system and he was gauranteed a the bulk of the carries for sure top 2 or 3. I still have him as number one overal, but I'm still a little skeptical. Just wanted to here what you pros thought.

All 3 top players have issues.

LT new rookie QB

SA No Hutch

LJ old line, new coaches, but Mike Solari is the new OC, after being offensine line coach and coaching for the Chiefs for 10 years. They promoted someone skilled in the Saunders system.

I'm not worried by any of the 3.

I know you guys all talk very highly of this guy and I'm sure somewhere there is already this same talk but I'll say it anyhow. Is he overvalued. In last years system he was a stud but=

1. Priest Holmes isn't totally out of the picture He will be soon.

2. No Tony Richardson Doesn't matter.

3. New coach, new coordinator, new system. (Al Saunders was the man.)Mike Scolari will run basically the same system. Honestly, with Herm at the helm they may run MORE.

4. Lines not any younger.They are still a Pro Bowl quality line.

I had him last year and he was the man. If it were last years system and he was gauranteed a the bulk of the carries for sure top 2 or 3. I still have him as number one overal, but I'm still a little skeptical. Just wanted to here what you pros thought.

He's my #1 overall, and that's not because I'm a Chiefs fan. This is his year to shine, and he's gonna be running hard.

LT new rookie QB

Rivers isn't a rookie

Chronologically he's not a rookie, but he's only thrown 30 passes in regular season games. I'm sure that's what Randall meant.

Edited by Chargerz

Of the top 3 RB's, I think Alexander will disappoint the most. He was incredible last year and I think his expectations are out of whack. No Hutchinson, tougher schedule and plus he got the big contract. He is going to drop back down to earth.

LJ is simply a beast and won't be denied. I just think he's a lock for 20+ TD's and 1800+ total yards barring injury of course. The only question is, can he do it for a full season?

LT will also be fine. In my mind it's gotta be LJ, LT then Alexander for the first three picks.

Chronologically he's not a rookie, but he's only thrown 30 passes in regular season games. I'm sure that's what Randall meant.

true...but sitting out 2 years might have helped out his career as I wondered if he was going to be a bust when he came out if Brees was to let him take over early....

I didn't think it would hurt Eli....but I think for Rivers, having Brees kick his game up a notch when they drafted Rivers helped both of them out.....

which is why I think Rivers could end up a top 10 fantasy QB this upcoming season if he catches on early.....but will likely take half the season to catch fire and probably will be around the top 15 with a strong 2nd half...which still holds strong fantasy value, if you are able to acquire him after a pedestrian string of games....

true...but sitting out 2 years might have helped out his career as I wondered if he was going to be a bust when he came out if Brees was to let him take over early....

I didn't think it would hurt Eli....but I think for Rivers, having Brees kick his game up a notch when they drafted Rivers helped both of them out.....

which is why I think Rivers could end up a top 10 fantasy QB this upcoming season if he catches on early.....but will likely take half the season to catch fire and probably will be around the top 15 with a strong 2nd half...which still holds strong fantasy value, if you are able to acquire him after a pedestrian string of games....

Rivers is also the beneficiary of an easier schedule than last year.

Rivers is also the beneficiary of an easier schedule than last year.

in a 16 week fantasy schedule...he has 10 favorable matchups and 5 unfavorable ones...

however, I count the Broncos twice and the chargers/Broncos games tend to usually be high scoring...even when Brees was pre-Gates if I can recall...

and Steelers/Ravens games come early on....the only problem I have is a week 3 BYE....that is horrible IMO lol....he'll need his BYE later on to collect himself.....

but we'll see how that pans out, I guess..

Of the top 3 RB's, I think Alexander will disappoint the most. He was incredible last year and I think his expectations are out of whack. No Hutchinson, tougher schedule and plus he got the big contract. He is going to drop back down to earth.

LJ is simply a beast and won't be denied. I just think he's a lock for 20+ TD's and 1800+ total yards barring injury of course. The only question is, can he do it for a full season?

LT will also be fine. In my mind it's gotta be LJ, LT then Alexander for the first three picks.

I concur.

He's my #1 overall, and that's not because I'm a Chiefs fan. This is his year to shine, and he's gonna be running hard.

I agree with everything you had to say there cheif except for saying that the loss of T Rich wont matter. Can't tell you how important that guy was to the running game. I still think LJ is going to be a montser this year but to say lossing T Rich wont matter is crazy, especially from a homer who has watched they guy 16 games a year for a long time

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the three. I don't see a major slip for SA. He has been too durable and too consistent for too long. I would go with SA as the top pick and depending on the scoring (1 pt receptions take LT other wise probably LJ 2). I will question LJ's durability until he goes through a full season with 300-350 carries.

All 3 top players have issues.

LT new rookie QB

SA No Hutch

LJ old line, new coaches, but Mike Solari is the new OC, after being offensine line coach and coaching for the Chiefs for 10 years. They promoted someone skilled in the Saunders system.

I'm not worried by any of the 3.

LT doesn't need a QB. How many touchdowns did he throw last year? lol And LJ will run well behind a mediocre line. He's just that good. Draft LJ 1st, LT2nd and SA 3rd.

I may be mistaken but I think Carson Palmer played very little until last year and well...........

There is no maybe about it. You are very mistaken.

His first year drafted (2003) he was the clipboard guy, but he was quickly worked in as Cincy's starter in 2004 and 2005 he became the undisputed starter.

Carson Plamer			 +---------------------------------------+			 |			  Passing				  |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |  Comp   Att   PCT	YD   Y/A  TD INT |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+| 2004 cin |  14 |   263   432  60.9  2897   6.7  18  18 || 2005 cin |  16 |   345   509  67.8  3836   7.5  32  12 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+|  TOTAL   |  30 |   608   941  64.6  6733   7.2  50  30 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+

however, I count the Broncos twice and the chargers/Broncos games tend to usually be high scoring...even when Brees was pre-Gates if I can recall...

Past 6 games vs Denver, SD has scored 7, 17, 13, 20, 13, and 8 points -- 13.0 ppg.

His first year drafted (2003) he was the clipboard guy, but he was quickly worked in as Cincy's starter in 2004 and 2005 he became the undisputed starter.

Carson Plamer			 +---------------------------------------+			 |			  Passing				  |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+| Year  TM |   G |  Comp   Att   PCT	YD   Y/A  TD INT |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+| 2004 cin |  14 |   263   432  60.9  2897   6.7  18  18 || 2005 cin |  16 |   345   509  67.8  3836   7.5  32  12 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+|  TOTAL   |  30 |   608   941  64.6  6733   7.2  50  30 |+----------+-----+---------------------------------------+

the jump he made at QB was ridiculous...

LT doesn't need a QB. How many touchdowns did he throw last year? lol And LJ will run well behind a mediocre line. He's just that good. Draft LJ 1st, LT2nd and SA 3rd.

I concur, but the play caling is affected by the QB in San Diego. I feel he will do better and get more touches with Rivers, first year playing QB under center. I'm not a fan of Rivers, but have been wrong before.

He could do what Palmer did his first year and be good next year. I'll have to see it.

He did struggle that year. I knew a lot of Bengals fans that wanted Kitna to play, but were happy last year.

Edited by Randall

I concur, but the play caling is affected by the QB in San Diego. I feel he will do better and get more touches with Rivers, first year playing QB under center. I'm not a fan of Rivers, but have been wrong before.

He could do what Palmer did his first year and be good next year. I'll have to see it.

I personally think he'll do better than Palmer did his 1st year as a starter because he's had 2 years to learn the system....and he has 2 of the best safety valves to throw the ball to in Gates/LT2........it's just that his wideouts are so-so unless Parker shines and McCardell does anything near what he did last year...

I personally think he'll do better than Palmer did his 1st year as a starter because he's had 2 years to learn the system....and he has 2 of the best safety valves to throw the ball to in Gates/LT2........it's just that his wideouts are so-so unless Parker shines and McCardell does anything near what he did last year...

Good points and you may be right. He reminds me a little too much of a cocky QB I won't mention.