[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i_am_the_swammi continue over here (NFC East)

cliaz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too dinged up, or not as good or talented as Carolina & Seattle?? tough division, no doubt, but Seattle & Carolina are still the teams to beat in the NFC.

:D I wouldn't say not as good or talented as Carolina and Seattle. Seattle played in a weak division but Carolina (as much as I hate them) to me is the team to beat in the NFC.

I can honestly say I don't know who is going to win the NFC East. I think it is a true toss up between DAL, NYG, and WAS. I am almost positive Philly comes in last.

as a birds homer this isnt easy to say...the EAGLES WILL NOT WIN THE NFC EAST

there I said it...the birds have a major obstacle that will hinder any chance they have

of winning the NFC EAST...go look at their schedule

Sun., Nov. 26 @ Indy

Mon., Dec. 4 Carolina

Sun., Dec. 10 @ Washington

Sun., Dec. 17 @ Giants

Mon., Dec. 25 @ Dallas

Sun., Dec. 31 Atlanta

3 consecutive Division Road games and there final 6 games are tough...with that said

if they can make the playoffs it is probably gonna be because they were successful over

the above span of time....now if that happens then they could be very dangerous in the playoffs...

but alas I just dont see it happening :D

"I don't know how anyone in their right minds can say that McNabb is a better QB than Eli Manning, or that PHI has any shot at winning the NFC East."

I'll be nice and allow you to say the 2nd comment without arguing (although I really DON'T agree with you) but to say that Eli is better than McNabb is just plain stupid.

Edited by chademer2007

Even another unbiased prediction for the NFC East

1) Dallas

2) Washington

3) New York

4) Philadelphia

Yet another unbiased prediction for the NFC East:

Dallas

NY Giants

Eagles

Redskins

Of course they might all go 10-6 and send 3 teams to the playoffs.

These people are Brilliant, I think we have a tie for the Smartest Huddler Award.......

"I don't know how anyone in their right minds can say that McNabb is a better QB than Eli Manning, or that PHI has any shot at winning the NFC East."

I'll be nice and allow you to say the 2nd comment without arguing (although I really DON'T agree with you) but to say that Eli is better than McNabb is just plain stupid.

Think I'll save this one to bring up later this year.

Uh, the 4-5 QB to which you are referring was playing with a hernia....a hernia.

Just for the record, Tom Brady also played last year with a hernia. While I understand the reasoning behind having McNabb get the operation mid season and why Brady played out the season (playoffs, has nothing to do with McNabb's tolerance for pain. He's proved he's tough) The Pats also didn't go 4-5 during Brady's stretch with the problem.

Just for the record, Tom Brady also played last year with a hernia. While I understand the reasoning behind having McNabb get the operation mid season and why Brady played out the season (playoffs, has nothing to do with McNabb's tolerance for pain. He's proved he's tough) The Pats also didn't go 4-5 during Brady's stretch with the problem.

Gee, I wonder why?

:D

Brady didn't get his sports hernia before the season like McNabb did...

also Brady is a pocket passer...McNabb moves around...

it's like Marino having a sports hernia and comparing it to Steve Young having one...

though, I do see what you're saying...

1. Dallas (Assuming TO plays 16 games)

2. NYG

3. Phi (Assuming McNabb stays healthy)

4. Was

If TO doesn't play the entire season, I would switch Dallas and NY. If McNabb doesnt play the entire season, I would switch Phi and Was.

that's just silly. Redskins have the best D out of the rest of the division they will not be last in the rankings.

that's just silly. Redskins have the best D out of the rest of the division they will not be last in the rankings.

It's not silly at all. WAS's strengths are its run O and its pass D. Both have questions now, with Portis injuring his shoulder and questions with the WAS CBs. Springs is now out for 4-6 weeks rather than 3 weeks as previously reported, and they have a rookie starting at the other CB spot - one of the toughest on-the-job positions in the NFL for a rookie to learn.

WAS has Brunell on the wrong side of 35 at QB with little behind him as a backup. If Brunell gets hurt, or if he isn't as spectacular as last year, an already mediocre passing game will sink into the bottom third of the league and put that much more pressure on the run O.

Last year WAS seemed to get a lot of breaks going their way, winning 4 games by 4 pts or less. That 10-6 record could easily drop to 8-8 or worse without some luck, and right now they are already starting off this season on the wrong foot. If it weren't for PHI, I'd say that WAS has the worst prospects of finishing high in the of the NFC East.

Edited by Bronco Billy

but they may have the worst group of QB's....but this is why I have Dallas last...

everyone in the division has a better defense than Dallas and Dallas has the worst OL...

this is how I see the division panning out after seeing their schedules

giants (11-5)

2-0 vs dallas

2-0 vs skins

1-1 vs philly

eagles (11-5)

2-0 vs skins

1-1 vs giants

1-1 vs dallas

skins (9-7)

2-0 vs dallas

0-2 vs philly

0-2 vs giants

dallas (5-11)

0-2 vs skins

1-1 vs philly

0-2 vs giants

Edited by Avernus

Amazing how many varying views of the East there were. While Bronco Billy has Philly at the bottom of the division by a wide margin, Avernus has them at the top at 11-5.

Gonna be a fun year watching this all play out. :D

And as I said earlier, luck, intangibles and chemistry will have more to do with who wins this division than talent.

EDIT: Avernus, you have Eagles going 2-0 against Washington, but Washington going 1-1 against Philly.....

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Amazing how many varying views of the East there were. While Bronco Billy has Philly at the bottom of the division by a wide margin, Avernus has them at the top at 11-5.

Gonna be a fun year watching this all play out. :D

And as I said earlier, luck, intangibles and chemistry will have more to do with who wins this division than talent.

I have them 2nd behind the Giants as they have the tie-breaker...

off the top of the head, I had things a little different...especially between the Giants and Cowboys...but they both ended up having more losses than I pegged them for prior to looking at their schedule...

playing at Jax is pretty rough and I don't have any of the teams in the division winning @Jax...and I only have the Giants beating the Colts...

but they may have the worst group of QB's....but this is why I have Dallas last...

everyone in the division has a better defense than Dallas and Dallas has the worst OL...

this is how I see the division panning out after seeing their schedules

giants (11-5)

2-0 vs dallas

2-0 vs skins

1-1 vs philly

eagles (11-5)

2-0 vs skins

1-1 vs giants

1-1 vs dallas

skins (11-5)

2-0 vs dallas

1-1 vs philly

1-1 vs giants

dallas (5-11)

0-2 vs skins

1-1 vs philly

0-2 vs giants

So the Redskins go from 5-1 in the division to 2-4? :D

It is going to be great to watch division games this year, but I think all of you are forgetting the clear coaching advantages and chemistry on the Redskins. Gibbs (look at his history and how he builds teams, folks), Williams, Saunders.

I think Portis will be fine, Springs will be back for the season opener, and the Redskins defense shreds opponents. I have high hopes.

So the Redskins go from 5-1 in the division to 2-4? :D

It is going to be great to watch division games this year, but I think all of you are forgetting the clear coaching advantages and chemistry on the Redskins. Gibbs (look at his history and how he builds teams, folks), Williams, Saunders.

I think Portis will be fine, Springs will be back for the season opener, and the Redskins defense shreds opponents. I have high hopes.

yeah...looks like they go 9-7..

it wasn't 5-1....it was 4-2...I got it backwards

I put 4-2 for them when it should have been 2-4

yeah...looks like they go 9-7..

it wasn't 5-1....it was 4-2...I got it backwards

I put 4-2 for them when it should have been 2-4

Like I said, you think the Redskins go from 5-1 in the division last year to 2-4 this year. Highly unlikely. And everyone needs to remember, they upgraded at the weak points also: receiver and pass rusher. I doubt Philly or even Dallas will score much on their defense. So it really does come down to Portis returning and at least competent play at QB. If Brunell remains healthy it is a given that he plays competently. Yer Eagles homerism is hilarious. It is like watching someone analyze the Bizarro NFL.

Edited by skins

also, skins...I have no doubt Portis and Springs will be fine...

I have the Giants as a better team, clearly...and the skins don't match up well with Philly...

even with Mike McMahon and Moats as the starter last year the eagles almost won....

right now the Eagles have their number I think and that's what is making the difference as the skins have the better defense and an overrated offense...

I like what Brandon Lloyd brings to the team along with having SMoss...but I just have no faith in the QB situation....you can disagree but it won't change my opinion....

the skins defense has been good for awhile....and even when you had Smoot/bailey as your corners, Thrash and Pinkston still burned them....

Like I said, you think the Redskins go from 5-1 in the division last year to 2-4 this year. Highly unlikely. And everyone needs to remember, they upgraded at the weak points also: receiver and pass rusher. I doubt Philly or even Dallas will score much on their defense. So it really does come down to Portis returning and at least competent play at QB. If Brunell remains healthy it is a given that he plays competently. Yer Eagles homerism is hilarious. It is like watching someone analyze the Bizarro NFL.

nice...how did you improve the pass rush other than by adding Carter?...your blind homerism is hilarious...have you not noticed the skins do this every year?...