[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver RB Situation: Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, Cedric Cobbs

DeezNuts

Oh, and another thing. Here are the carries last night for M Bell & T Bell:

M Bell

T Bell

1 (TD)

So what you see with T Bell is one or two prime factors that is holding him back: Inconsistency.

Throw out the 1 yd run for the TD, since he couldn't gain more than that there, and you have great runs of 22 & 13 yds negated by runs of 0, -2, & 0 yds. He's inconsistent as hell, and he can't make something out of nothing. That puts DEN in too many 2nd/3rd & longs when he is getting a bunch of carries.

M Bell on the other hand only had (2) 1 yd runs and a 2 yd run, where he made something positive out of nothing. He gets an extra yard or two on his short runs, turning losses into 1 & 2 yd runs, and turning 2/3 yd runs into 4/5 yd runs with his lean & power, which T Bell doesn't display.

For some offenses & some QBs, the HC is willing to trade the 0 yd runs & losses for the homerun. Shanahan isn't willing to do that - his offensive philosophy is to grind the other team into submission, move the chains, and protect Plummer from 2nd/3rd & longs - which Plummer quite frankly isn't great at converting.

Then you add T Bell's injury history - 4 injuries that have cost him playing time in just 2 years of regular season play - which goes to his durability/reliability, as well as the numbers in the post above that show how he wears down in games after 10-12 carries and his production goes in the toilet after 10-12 carries, and you see exactly why Shanahan sees T Bell only as a CoP RB.

Edited by Bronco Billy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny because you said little sack but then I have Big sack as my name....I get it. Really guys I just put my opinion that I like Bell to win the job and am confident that that will happen. And you "adults" decide to throw around "t-bagged" and "words" like that because some guys write 40 paragraphs about there opinion of Mike Bell in disagreement of my opinion. Hey that is cool. You disagree? That IS OKAY. We are allowed to have different opinions. Really don't be upset.

I just felt that it was easier to teach someone the one cut running style than to teach another to run a 4.3 40. I know it is not that simple but forgive me for disagreeing with you guys. This happens every time my opinion differs from theses guys. It is a little sad that you guys attack like children when an opinion differs from yours. You guys take care and have fun making jokes about my name. They are very clever.

I know it is not that simple but forgive me for disagreeing with you guys. This happens every time my opinion differs from theses guys. It is a little sad that you guys attack like children when an opinion differs from yours.

If it happens every time you post... did you ever think maybe it's not everybody else who is the ass?

Does everyone on this site get attacked for their opinion? I don't see that... :D

If it happens every time you post... did you ever think maybe it's not everybody else who is the ass?

Does everyone on this site get attacked for their opinion? I don't see that... :D

are you pointing the ass finger at him ?

• 4 weeks later...

Where are all the Mike Bell fans/ Tatum haters now??? Hellooooooooo!!! You guys talk tough but every time I am right about stuff like this you vanish. Hmmmm.

where have you been through the umpteen other Mike/Tatum Bell threads posted since this one? And I know, you have a life and don't come here all that much blah blah blah. Only to remind us what a great Fantasy mind you are. Whatever. It's been hashed and rehased to death and most think Tatum's the better but more fragile back holding the spot for Mike warm until he hurts himself. :D

Where are all the Mike Bell fans/ Tatum haters now??? Hellooooooooo!!! You guys talk tough but every time I am right about stuff like this you vanish. Hmmmm.

I've posted on a couple of threads already about being wrong, but I also will be watching with keen interest. This season is a long ways from being over, and T Bell still has a huge hole in his game in regard to running through trash and he has accumulated a lot of injuries that have had him missing games in his short career.

Edited by Bronco Billy

You're right??? Three games in and you're right??? Have you clinched a playoff spot or won your division yet? No? I didn't think so.

Point being, there's way too much time left in the season and TBell is an injury-prone, fumble-prone, can't run between the tackles kind of guy. Portis didn't even take over until, what? Week five or six as a rookie? Not comparing MBell to Portis, but only mention to prove my point...anything can happen.

where have you been through the umpteen other Mike/Tatum Bell threads posted since this one? And I know, you have a life and don't come here all that much blah blah blah. Only to remind us what a great Fantasy mind you are. Whatever. It's been hashed and rehased to death and most think Tatum's the better but more fragile back holding the spot for Mike warm until he hurts himself. :D

U can say that about most starting rbs in the league...when they get hurt..their backup takes over. Tatum bell was given the full vote of confidence today by Shanny today.. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4402015.

Shanny knows he has a great back in Tatum Bell.

From rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL

Denver coach Mike Shanahan has decided to go with a one-back system.

Tatum Bell has been informed he will be the Broncos' featured back and will not rotate series with Mike. Though Mike Bell is a talented and promising runner, it's now clear the undrafted rookie was made the preseason starter primarily to motivate Tatum. Mike should still be owned in all leagues but isn't a fantasy starter. Sep. 27 - 10:04 am et