[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Florida State Vs Miami

Tru Playa

The end of the Coker era.

Thank God!

Good job 'Noles.

VQ2 I await my fate.

Okay, so I ask as a fellow Canes fan...who do you want to take the job? They've had a subpar (by their standards) recruiting class several years in a row and lose winnable games every year. I think they need a high profile coach, but I'm not sure who that is. Someone lure Jimmy Johnson out of retirement.

Edited by Jo

Okay, so I ask as a fellow Canes fan...who do you want to take the job? They've had a subpar (by their standards) recruiting class several years in a row and lose winnable games every year. I think they need a high profile coach, but I'm not sure who that is. Someone lure Jimmy Johnson out of retirement.

You know I'm not thinking so much of a "high profile guy" so much as a young and upcoming coach who can bring a fresh change to Miami. Kinda like how Florida went with someone out of the "inner circle" when they hired Urban Myer.

I like Chris Petersen of Boise State and Bobby Petrino of Louisville. Trying to think of some other guys I have in mind but Im so pissed right now it's hard to concentrate.

Tonights 2nd half collapse was a total coaching failure. The 'canes looked sloppy all night, missed assignments, too many men on the field, guys looking confused as to what play was called etc... totally looked lost out there. While the 'noles looked a bit sloppy as well, they were much more disciplined and you could tell they made the 2nd half adjustments that won them the game.

I like Coker. He seems like a nice guy but the Miami football program has been going downhill ever since he took over the reigns. Yeah he won the NC in '01 but I could of coached that team to a NC.

Edited by 'canes2004

I'd love to get Petrino if that's at all possible after the season. I don't know enough about Petersen to comment on him. I think several of the games they lost over the last couple of years have been due to coaching failures. I know the players at the time when Butch quit wanted Coker and fine, they got him, but he's done nothing but produce dissappointing teams and recruiting classes from year #2 on. The offensive display in the 2nd half tonight was nothing short of pathetic, and I blame the coaching staff for a large part of that.

I like Coker. He seems like a nice guy but the Miami football program has been going downhill ever since he took over the reigns. Yeah he won the NC in '01 but I could of coached that team to a NC.

Wow no kidding, I didn't know the 2001 squad had all these stars:

Among the numerous stars on the 2001 Miami squad were: Dorsey; running backs Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Najeh Davenport, and Frank Gore; tight end Jeremy Shockey; wide receiver Andre Johnson; tackles Bryant McKinnie and Joaquin Gonzalez; defensive linemen Jerome McDougle, William Joseph, and Vince Wilfork; linebackers Jonathan Vilma and D.J. Williams; and defensive backs Ed Reed, Mike Rumph, and Phillip Buchanon. Additional contributors included future stars Kellen Winslow II, Sean Taylor, Antrel Rolle, Vernon Carey, and Eric Winston.
Edited by Flip_Side