[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whitted to start

theeohiostate

Rotoworld reports:

Raiders coach Art Shell told the Associated Press that Alvis Whitted will start opposite Randy Moss vs. San Diego on Monday night.

Whitted, who will likely draw Chargers CB Drayton Florence, is a fine fantasy play in leagues that start three wide receivers and should now be owned in all formats. It is still unclear where Ronald Curry and Jerry Porter stand on the depth chart.

I can't believe Shell thinks he can take a guy that has never did anything and only caught 4 balls all preseason and put him over a proven #2 WR like Porter. Does he think he's Shanny with Rb's or something?

Edited by theeohiostate

Whitted to start opener at receiver for Raiders

Written by: Associated Press ¦ 9/6/2006

Source:

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -Alvis Whitted will start at wide receiver for the Oakland Raiders in their season opener against San Diego, filling the role vacated when Doug Gabriel was traded to New England.

The little-used Whitted hasn't started since the final game of the 2004 season and has just 11 starts in eight seasons in the NFL.

``He can run good routes and catch the ball, too,'' coach Art Shell said Wednesday. He has ``good quickness and explosion. ... This guy's been working the whole camp, worked all offseason, and this guy deserves a shot at it.''

Sounds like someone being rewarded for hard work. Maybe more a message to Porter than an endorsement of Whitted.

I guess Shell has made his point even if it's a foolish one. Porter and Curry are head and shoulders above Whitted. And really what message does that send to Porter? Now he can play half as much and still get paid. Sweet for a guy with a bad attitude.

Well, I'm sitting on Curry for a few weeks until all this is sorted out, i don't have to make roster room until week 4 byes. I find it hard to beleive that this will last for long, if it does, then I will be happy to get out of this mess. Could be a long year for the Raiders.

All I can say is dang. I though I had a bargin in Curry.

his downfall started in highschool when he spurned the University of Virginia to become a tarheel just because they would let him start at qb his freshman year, i have been wishing him ill will ever since