[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario vs Bush

pedroz13

I'd say clear cut winner would be Bush in this round. Mario had 2 tackles, Bush had over 100 all purpose yards.

But hey, Houston does have Wali Lundy! No wonder they passed on Reggie.

The problem with using stats is that you are going a defensive lineman against an RB. OF course the statline will show better for him. You have to see what he does on the line, if he takes away passing lines, makes a running back cut back up the middle, take on more blockers.

I'm not defending the Texans, they might regret not taking reggie bush, but you can't look at stats.

The problem with using stats is that you are going a defensive lineman against an RB. OF course the statline will show better for him. You have to see what he does on the line, if he takes away passing lines, makes a running back cut back up the middle, take on more blockers.

I'm not defending the Texans, they might regret not taking reggie bush, but you can't look at stats.

You can't look at stats, I agree. But Bush was more of an impact for his team today than Mario was.

All good points, and I do agree...but Reggie clearly made more of an impact in the game. Mario didn't help the line stop McNabb whatsoever. Reggie made plays and his team won. Thats what it all boils down to.

The real question is. Who makes a longer long term impact a RB or a DE. U take a DE everytime. Via Julius Peppers he is not their yet. But you can always draft the next great RB before you find a DE undrafted or in the later rounds yr after yr. So either way this would really have to be looked at in the long term 3 yrs from now. Plus the avg. RB last 4 yrs. DE if correct can last if capable till 32. Look at them they get better with age DE. RB decline when u get to 30. I would take that anyday. But again they might not have BUSH but they could turn around and draft another RB that can be just as good as bush next yrs draft. DE always fly off the board. D wins championships.

I was thanking him. I didn't say thank him, I said thanks. Sorry to have quoted you and confused you. Colston was grandfathered in as a tight end in my sportsline league, so I'm pretty stoked to have him.

Yea me too, last week when i was reading about the saints and saw he jumped over the 2nd WR, I was like well I need WR depth. Looked, he was WR and TE. He's gonna be helpful this year to me, except Kellen Winslow is my starter.

It's no problem bout the confusion.

even though it was cleveland, bush looked like a seasoned vet out there today. he looked poised out there.. he showcased his agility, and surprising strength. if williams doesnt turn out to be a peppers, then the texans will regret that pick, because bush has already shown he can play.

< sigh >

Houston sooooo didn't need a RB. They had other needs to address and adding Reggie Bush would have accomplished nothing other than deplete their payroll

It it won't matter how good Mario is ... he will always lose the stat comparison

Edited by Grits and Shins

< sigh >

Houston sooooo didn't need a RB. They had other needs to address and adding Reggie Bush would have accomplished nothing other than deplete their payroll

It it won't matter how good Mario is ... he will always lose the stat comparison

That's exactly the truth, If Reggie Bush had gone to Texans he wouldn't be that good, and they needed defense. They have a good enough offense around Carr, but their defense is killing them.

I mean Julius Peppers had only 3 tackles today, is he worse too?

Edited by CD6405