[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordan

matykus

I'd agree with the above - Lamont Jordan owners are stuck with him.

For now... The Raiders have a bye week, then they face the Browns and Niners. I'm hoping that I can make a move sometime after the Browns, but before the Broncos in week 6.

I am thinking of Dropping Randy Moss and grabbing a free agent with value. I think Toomer is available in my league and I have Manning! Could get the sweet double TD points with that combo :lol::D:D (I didn't really say that did I :lol: )

No picks, I just had a feeling about both Jordan and Owens and I was pretty high on Gore. It's an auction dynasty league, so there are no draft picks. He was also my 4th RB behind LJ, Portis, and Brown. A risk? Absolutely. Stupid, I don't think so, even if things hadn't turned out the way they did. I'm leading my league and have high points over the first two weeks, so I'm happy with the results. Sometimes the chances you take work out and sometimes they don't. I thought the upside outweighed the risks in this instance.

How stupid are all the Jordan owners feeling now that they can't move him and have to live with Oakland's ridiculous fantasy output?

:D I still haven't been able to find a league that will give double points if I own a QB and WR from the same team and they connect for a TD. :lol:

:D

Me either BC, but maybe you and I could start one :lol:

:D

Me either BC, but maybe you and I could start one :D

my idea, and it may have already been done somewhere before, is where all the players on your roster play. drafting 2 qbs, 3 rbs, 4wr, 2 te's, 2 k, and 2 def. 15 player roster, all pts counted. no trades, no pickups, only for injuries that are out for the yr. it would really put an onus on finding value late in the draft.

my idea, and it may have already been done somewhere before, is where all the players on your roster play. drafting 2 qbs, 3 rbs, 4wr, 2 te's, 2 k, and 2 def. 15 player roster, all pts counted. no trades, no pickups, only for injuries that are out for the yr. it would really put an onus on finding value late in the draft.

Actually this is VERY similar to how I run my league. 17 man roster start 13 and only 1te & 1K instead of the two. We do alloe trades but limit pickups to 2 per week per team. A guy dropped is frozen for 48 hours. It makes the roster real tight and makes you manage bye weeks in a way that can cause some tough roster decisions. We also have pared back to an 8-team league, so this limits the superstar team syndrome. Sure, every team has awsome players, but the way you manage you 3s and 4s is what makes the difference.

I still haven't figured out how to get the system to score double points for the (in)famous "hook-up". Figure that out and we're talking brah!

I am thinking of Dropping Randy Moss and grabbing a free agent with value. I think Toomer is available in my league and I have Manning! Could get the sweet double TD points with that combo :lol::D:D (I didn't really say that did I :lol: )

I'd dangle Moss as trade bait before dropping him, Boogie - his name alone should bring SOMETHING.

Actually, I'm in a "buy-and-hold" league somewhat similar to that, though not as deep - team QB, RB, 2 WRs.

The draft is the most fun part anyway, all the rest is a big headache; this eliminates that.

Lamont has as much value today as he will for the remainder of th eyear. Unfortunately that value is less than a kicker. Well, I may trade you Koenen for him. But only if you throw in a TE.

I'm kicking myself right now because he was my second keeper going into the season. Of course my other option was SSmith, and we've seen how that panned out. :D

I KNEW the Raiders were going to be trash, but I fell victim to the hype. I saw him slide in the Huddle rankings, but he was still in the tier 2 backs. I told another owner that I wasn't excited at all about him, and he said he was pretty high on him and that I should shop him around, but like the fool that I am, I just got a little more optimistic from his vote of confidence. Oh well, that's what I get for trusting that other people have better insight than I do. Now I need Ahman Green's knees to hold up and Rhodes to stay ahead of Addai(not bloody likely). Hopefully if Turner gets moved in the off-season, I'll have a reasonable second keeper next year. :D

... but I fell victim to the hype. ...

The Raiders are going to the Superbowl EVEY year and have won EVERY Superbowl Dude. Come on you know that! :D

They have a hype/spin machine that rivals that of the DNC and the GOP! :D