[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Black & Gold Super Bowl

Rockerbraves

Yah, the saints are definitely improved, almost to the point of a better than avg team, but they still have a long way to go on DEF.

Also, Duece is playing possessed right now. He looks PISSED off about having Bush in his back field and he has every intention of keeping his job. Or getting a big pay day from the next team that gets him.

They've always had all the talent in the world. I guess Haslett really was just a terrible HC. Payton is showing them how to play and how to win.

But I'd be shocked to see them win a playoff game. They might make the playoffs this year, as a wildcard, but i really doubt it. That DEF will eventually start to lose games for them.

I think they'd be lucky to win 3 more games this year, based on the schedule.

Yah, the saints are definitely improved, almost to the point of a better than avg team, but they still have a long way to go on DEF.

Also, Duece is playing possessed right now. He looks PISSED off about having Bush in his back field and he has every intention of keeping his job. Or getting a big pay day from the next team that gets him.

They've always had all the talent in the world. I guess Haslett really was just a terrible HC. Payton is showing them how to play and how to win.

But I'd be shocked to see them win a playoff game. They might make the playoffs this year, as a wildcard, but i really doubt it. That DEF will eventually start to lose games for them.

Hey dumbshiat what to put some money on that 3 win statement.

Hey dumbshiat what to put some money on that 3 win statement.

Yeah, he doesn't know too much about Deuce either. You don't have to be a Saints homer you know he and Bush are working well together.

Who DAT say dey gonna beat dem Saints... WHO DAT!

Wow Saints improved to 4-1 this season.

39 years 7 winning season!

Black & Gold Super Bowl?

Theya re off to a better start than anyone imagined, and save for a 4th-quarter loss to the Panthers, they'd be 5-0. Must be fun to be a Saints fan these days.

That is, until Sunday.

Eagles 27, Saints 19. :D

Who DAT say dey gonna beat dem Saints... WHO DAT!

Wow Saints improved to 4-1 this season.

39 years 7 winning season!

Black & Gold Super Bowl?

:lol:

Only way they make it to the Super Bowl is if another Hurricane comes along and takes out every other NFC team but the Saints.

:D There are teams MUCH worse that the Saints in the NFC.

At this point I think the Bears and Eagles may have something to say about that, but we'll see with one of them next week. A win there legitimizes the Saints IMO.

I would think they've already legitimized themselves. True they're not yet on the same level as the Bears or Philly right now, but they're playing like contenders none-the-less.

4-1 isn't better than average? :D I do agree that we have a long way to go on D. They have been a bit inconsistant, especially in pass coverage. I completely disagree about Deuce, he is playing very well and he attributes a lot of that to the presence of Bush. He does not want to leave the Saints any more than we want to see him go. 3 wins is ridiculous, though. If they keep playing at least as well as they have so far I see 5-6 more wins. Probably not a division championship, but a wildcard berth is definately not out of the question.

I'm honestly not that suprised by the Saints fast start. They had a decent team last year, until Duece got hurt, and Horn started having nagging injuries. When the two best players on your offense are out, or one is out and one is hampered by injury it was going to be tough. The addition of a real head coach and a real QB, just make them that much better. I see them making the playoffs as a wild card team pretty easily. I don't think that they can hang with the big boys yet, but I wouldn't be suprised if they did.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Theya re off to a better start than anyone imagined, and save for a 4th-quarter loss to the Panthers, they'd be 5-0. Must be fun to be a Saints fan these days.

That is, until Sunday.

Eagles 27, Saints 19. :D

I'm hoping, but not expecting, that the Iggles will be primed for a big letdown after their Dallas win. This will definately be our biggest test though. :D

As a Saints fan its great to be 4-1 but lets be realistic and look at the remaining schedule. Pretty brutal.

6 Sun, Oct 15 Philadelphia Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

7 BYE WEEK

8 Sun, Oct 29 Baltimore Tickets CBS 1:00 PM

9 Sun, Nov 5 at Tampa Bay Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

10 Sun, Nov 12 at Pittsburgh Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

11 Sun, Nov 19 Cincinnati Tickets CBS 1:00 PM

12 Sun, Nov 26 at Atlanta Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

13 Sun, Dec 3 San Francisco Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

14 Sun, Dec 10 at Dallas Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

15 Sun, Dec 17 Washington Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

16 Sun, Dec 24 at NY Giants Tickets FOX 1:00 PM

17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

Edited by myhousekey

As a Saints fan its great to be 4-1 but lets be realistic and look at the remaining schedule. Pretty brutal.

7 BYE WEEK

17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

Ouch! That is a tough schedule. I guess will get to see sooner rather than later if the Saints are legit.

7 BYE WEEK

17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

Let's not forget that Atlanta & Carolina also have to play Baltimore, Philly, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Washington & NYG. So it can't really be said that our schedule is harder than theirs.

Yes it's a tough schedule but we can get 3 wins out of it. As for as playoffs go, If they make it it will be deserved not backing their way in but I don't think so not this year at least still to inconsistent on both sides of the ball. Yet it is good to be a Saints Fan this year they already have exceede my expectations for them. As playing as a team the coaching and preperation. Under Haslett yeterday would have been a loss and having Bush return punts for positive yards instead of dancing has helped.

And for the dumshiat that said they are unhappy and Deuce is looking to get paid. he just signed for $40 mil 2 yrs. ago. He is happy and it ain't like Bush is stealing his carries. Bush as a Rb still has a long way to go. But as pass catching RB the best since Marshall.

7 BYE WEEK

17 Sun, Dec 31 Carolina

Looked at the schedule myself, as a longtime Saints fan it's difficult (IMPOSSIBLE) to pencil in a "W" in any of the remaining Saints games. Perhaps I've watched to many years of Saints football to be objective, but I really like the new additions to the Saints roster starting from the coaching staff. Never respected Haslett since the game he defended Turley for throwing an opposing players helmet that drew an unsportsman penalty that in effect prevented the Saints from making the playoffs.

Any true professional athlete on that roster should not have only lost respect for Turley but the head coach as well for costing them $$. And how about Haslett and the Saints setting a record for the most consecutive starts by a QB (Brooks) when you have such a crappy team. Give me a Drew Brees any day over Brooks. Now when you couple those two moves with the addition of Reggie Bush and the replacement of nearly 1/2 the entire roster from last year and you begin to understand this isn't exactly your Daddy's New Orleans Saints. Hopefully that results in a turn around for a franchise who has only experienced 7 winning seasons in 39 trys.