[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh Peyton

DMD

Troy Aikman does a nice job calling games. With that said, he is not one to stir controversy or really call guys out, and if anything is more of a nice guy/apologist for both sides (Offense/DEF) alot IMO. So the announcers not saying anything about it doesn't mean much to me. I still say a fine is coming.

$50.00 says no fine.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, can someone please revive Capt. Hook? :D

Capt. Hook is a season tix holder, so he's at the game........

But I'm sure he was taking oxygen as well after he saw that hit......

Edited by Big Dogs

$50.00 says no fine.

:D I don't have that much faith in the NFL and their "reviews" of plays to put up my own $. I see guys getting fined for hits you never hear of every week on KFFL, so who knows. It's just my opinion. We'll see.

Edited by Hitman

Not true. The Freeney hand across the face was blatant. The only reason the arm went across Mannings face was because someone else pushed Manning forward and into it. Intent is the issue, not just touching a QB's face, or how "rough" the play was. QB's are still playing football and can still get hammered.

Funny how noone calling the game anywhere feels like you guys about it. It was just a real unlucky violent football play.

Disagree. That "roughing" call on Freeney was horseshiiiit. That was a five yard incidental facemask. No way was that a roughing call. Refs gave the Redskins their first TD.

And you're out of your mind skins. That was roughing against Manning. No way is that nancy-boy facemask a 15 yarder and what happpened to Manning was nothing. Refs blew that call. No contact to a quarterbacks head. Point of emphasis this year. That was bush league by the Redskins, who seemed to be doing that kind of crap all day. What was Santana Moss' problem?

Edited by CaptainHook

How many games has Vick missed to injury?

How many SNAPS has Manning missed to injury?

ONE.

nice try though.

It must be nice being a Golden Boy who can't be touched by anyone. Whereas Vick works for his money, his highest paid money that is.

A couple weeks ago Brandon Jacobs complained about the Washington defense trying to hurt him and that they played very dirty. I believe him...

they're the new raiders, ths most penalized team in the nfl. their nasty "kick em in the knees, throw sand in their eyes" attitude all filters down from that little-man-syndrome twit of an owner, snyder.

It must be nice being a Golden Boy who can't be touched by anyone. Whereas Vick works for his money, his highest paid money that is.

waterman, until those shocking touchdown passes yesterday, vick was barely even a quarterback, so no one has aaaaany idea what that "works for his money" comment even means. do you mean because vick scampers around like a greased pig he "works harder"? :D

they're the new raiders, ths most penalized team in the nfl. their nasty "kick em in the knees, throw sand in their eyes" attitude all filters down from that little-man-syndrome twit of an owner, snyder.

Which makes you wonder where Joe Gibbs fits into the scheme of things. :D

Disagree. That "roughing" call on Freeney was horseshiiiit. That was a five yard incidental facemask. No way was that a roughing call. Refs gave the Redskins their first TD.

And you're out of your mind skins. That was roughing against Manning. No way is that nancy-boy facemask a 15 yarder and what happpened to Manning was nothing. Refs blew that call. No contact to a quarterbacks head. Point of emphasis this year. That was bush league by the Redskins, who seemed to be doing that kind of crap all day. What was Santana Moss' problem?

I agree with you the facemask should have only been a 5 yarder, but Manning was pushed into the defender's arm. The defender didnt go for his face, neck or head.

bottom line for me here is this: as much as we (pats fans, especially) get on peyton for not winning "the big one," etc etc...NO ONE can question his toughness. the guy can take a beating and keep playing at a super-high level, and his reputation as a "protected" or "coddled" NFL superstar is totally undeserved, imo. he's one tough good ol' boy, if you ask me.

I agree with you the facemask should have only been a 5 yarder, but Manning was pushed into the defender's arm. The defender didnt go for his face, neck or head.

:D No he wasn't.

The guy went up underneath Peyton's head, and continued to hold on as he bent him over backwards. His arm was all over Peyton's face, ripping his helmet off.

The ref apologized to Peyton after seeing the replay, telling him he was watching to see if the pass was complete. He missed the penalty.

bottom line for me here is this: as much as we (pats fans, especially) get on peyton for not winning "the big one," etc etc...NO ONE can question his toughness. the guy can take a beating and keep playing at a super-high level, and his reputation as a "protected" or "coddled" NFL superstar is totally undeserved, imo. he's one tough good ol' boy, if you ask me.

:D

BTW, Brady isn't winning "the big one" without that stellar defense, is he? :D

:D No he wasn't.

The guy went up underneath Peyton's head, and continued to hold on as he bent him over backwards. His arm was all over Peyton's face, ripping his helmet off.

The ref apologized to Peyton after seeing the replay, telling him he was watching to see if the pass was complete. He missed the penalty.

Please. His arm hit Manning in the upper chest and that would have been the end of it because Manning would have gone over backwards. But a different Redskins had hit him low forcing him forward into the arm across his chest which was swept across his head. Show me a clip where the guy is "up underneath Peyton's head" and continues holding him. I tivo'd it and watched it multiple times and it didnt look like he was holding his head at all--it looked like his arm was fully extended and Manning was forced forward into it at a horrible angle which ripped the arm across his face.

Granted, a seriously dangerous play but a total fluke. And Manning is tough as nails and tore us a new one after that.

But if it was such a dangerous and bad play, why arent Dungy and the Colts making any complaint to the league whatsoever, which coaches do as a matter course in such circumstances?

Yer evidence of a foul is the admission of a ref who says he didnt see the play because he was watching the pass downfield saying he missed the call?

Brilliant. :D