[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hows your team?

ReturnToSender

Hows everyone's team doing, injury wise and finial stretch wise?

I had what I thought was a solid, but not awesome draft, and early season Bledsoe, Thomas Jones, Edge, Chad Johnson did nothing for me, and I was 1-6. Made some big trades and ended up with a little better team, traded some depth and now I am a solid team that can beat anyone in the league due to all the injuries. Prior to last weeks game I made this two moves:

I traded Grossman, Chad Johnson, M D J, Troy Brown for D-Jax, Foster, D Henderson, & Kitna

Then I turned around the next day and did R Droughns, Foster, and Cotchery for Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Jamal Lewis.

My line up looks like this:

Kitna

Jones & Edge

Ward, D-Jax and Horn

Shockey

Reed

Dolphins

Not bad, but I fear too little too late, although I still have an outside shot.

Hope everyone is faring better, good luck all.

I just had one of those weeks where I lost in every frigin league! One is a very bad team so I expected to lose. However, the other 2 league's I'm in a dog fight for the top spot. This week did not help those efforts. I really need to turn things around next week as I play the #1 team in 2 leagues.

INCONSISTENCY is the word of the year for my squad. I started out thinking I had a good draft. I am in a 16 team redraft league. You can see my team in my sig. McNair has been a dissapointment. I just traded atlanta d to get Kitna a few weeks ago, thinking "Wow, I'm getting the 5th best QB" after losing games all year due to McNair. So the two weeks that I actually play him (49ers and Cards, Fantasy Gold right?) he fuggin sux and McNair goes off. :D So I'm sittin at 4-7 with middle of the pack points. Thanks for bringing it up though.

I'm in 7 leagues, have had some injuries, but, many teams have had it worse.

The good news...... if the playoffs started right now, I would make it in 5 out of my 7 leagues, including

4 out of my 5 BOTH leagues.... :D and I am still in contention in the other 2.

The bad news....... In 2 of my leagues, I am still in danger of falling out, and in my most important home

league with my college buddies, I am on the outside looking in. :D

I had a one loss team going into this weekend, and was the points leader. I lost this week, thanks to McNabb and Colston going down early in their games. I'm not to concerned with Colston, as 1. I don't think his injury is that severe, and 2., Theres not that much drop off from here and the next guy on my roster. McNabb lost for the rest of the season, really puts my chances for a title in jeopardy.

Currently 3nd & 4th place in my 12 team leagues.

Most proud of my 4th place 7-4 team which started off the season 0-2. To make matters worse both were divisional games lost by an average score of 30 points. That team is currently riding a 4 game win streak and leads the division by 2 games despite it's divisional record. Problem is this team lost Portis, so I can't see making it very far in the playoff, but getting there would be a big accomplishment.

In all 4 of my leagues I am in 5th place at 6-5. QB inconsistency is killing me. The only good QB is Brees and played Bledsoe over him when Bledsoe had an easy match-up the first few games-dumb. My other QBs consist of Grossman, Favre, Delhomme, Romo, Kitna and Vick. In my leagues with Grossman/Kitna and Grossman/Favre, I'm going to probably pick up Harrington or Frye for this weekend.

My only ifs- If my QBs didn't score me less than 1 or 2 points in some of these weeks, I'd have a couple of more wins. Oh and the big IF-if I had taken LT2 with the first pick instead of The Curse in one of my leagues. Tory Holt disappearing who was my #2 or 3 pick in two of my leagues has hurt too. My savior- Mr. Frank Gore, owned in all leagues and even started him this past weekend over Barber. Willie Parker is now a big help going down the stretch too-owned in two leagues. I'm glad I took him over Mc Gahee where I had a choice in the draft.

In my league where Grossman and Favre are now my QBs, I drafted Warner then Culpepper-OUCH.

4 teams; 3 money (1 BOTH), 1 free (BOTH)

PAFFL (12 team BOTH $): 10-1, approx. 195 pts ahead, clinched division and 1st round bye (lost KJ and Colston)

F-OFF (12 team BOTH): 7-5, approx. 35 pts ahead, 2nd in division, battling for playoff spot (lost Hass and T Bell)

VAFFL (14 teams $): 7-4, tied for 1st in division, 135 pts behind

GPSFFL (12 teams $): 8-3, won division and secured playoff spot, 200 pts behind (lost Portis)

Edited by The Next Generation

I'm doing ok at 7-4 right now. I actually have the second best record in the league at that spot, and one more win clinches a playoff spot for me.

Injuries have not been too bad to me. I lost Clinton Portis, but I was first on the waiver order at the time and I got Ladell Betts, plus I already have Steven Jackson and Willie Parker--so I am not hurting at RB. Brett Favre's potential injury scared me the most because he is the only good QB that I have on my team.

Given my draft position and what was available when my picks came up, I went very weak at QB for a 10-man league and I started the season with Aaron Brooks, Steve McNair and Byron Leftwich on the roster, hoping that one of them would turn into maybe a top 10 fantasy QB. That didn't happen, but I picked up Brett Favre as a free agent early on and he has played as a top 10 QB. It doesn't look like he will miss time with his arm injury, but if he does my only option is probably Chad Pennington or whoever I can get out of free agency and hope that they have a good game.

As for defense, I spent a mid-round pick on the Carolina Panthers, and they went nowhere. So now I am using free agency to get whichever mediocre defense has a matchup against a really bad offense that week. Its worked well the last couple weeks, especially last weekend when I picked up the Dolphins D/ST to play against the Vikings offense.