[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does OAK draft Quinn?

LooGie

If I'm Brady Quinn and the Raiders have the first pick, I pull an Eli Manning. The term "Black Hole" is now very appropriate when it comes to Oakland as a destination for talented players. That team will never be good again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Smith had the measurables, Troy Smith does not.

:D

Troy will go on day one. Measurables mean d!ck, see Mike Mamula. Troy Smith wins games and that is all that he should be measured by.

If I'm Brady Quinn and the Raiders have the first pick, I pull an Eli Manning. The term "Black Hole" is now very appropriate when it comes to Oakland as a destination for talented players. That team will never be good again.

He will have to pull an Eli twice then cause if Da Raiders get #1 then the Lions will have #2. Either way he picked the wrong year to be the #1 pick. :D

Troy will go on day one. Measurables mean d!ck, see Mike Mamula. Troy Smith wins games and that is all that he should be measured by.

In the minds of scouts, measurable indicate to some extent how well a player will be able to translate his college success to the pro game. Smith lacks ideal size; maybe someone takes a stab at him in the 3rd round, but I'd be VERY surprised if he went earlier than that.

+1

This team will never, ever be good again. Ever. Like, 37 years from now they STILL won't have appeared in another Super Bowl. That bad.

+1

This team will never, ever be good again. Ever. Like, 37 years from now they STILL won't have appeared in another Super Bowl. That bad.

Besides you've gotta figure that Al will be 6 feet under by year 10 or 15, so they might have a chance with a new owner.

It doesn't matter who the Raiders pick #1 overall, they have the worst offense in the league and anybody will be an improvement for them. I say they take a QB if they can, since Brooks and Walter have been less than spectacular to say the least. Or at least use your high pick to land an impact player who can make a difference right away.

Having a good OL is important, but the team needs playmakers. And what about Gallery? #2 Overall pick....the supposed cornerstone of that line and he has basically underachieved in his short career.

It doesn't matter who the Raiders pick #1 overall, they have the worst offense in the league and anybody will be an improvement for them. I say they take a QB if they can, since Brooks and Walter have been less than spectacular to say the least. Or at least use your high pick to land an impact player who can make a difference right away.

Having a good OL is important, but the team needs playmakers. And what about Gallery? #2 Overall pick....the supposed cornerstone of that line and he has basically underachieved in his short career.

You sound like Mel Kiper Jr... Jr.

Go tell it to #21 and #24

It doesn't take Mel Kiper Jr. to tell you that the Raiders can't pass up the chance to take the best QB in the draft with the #1 overall pick.

Then again, they will probably pick #1 again next year so it doesn't really matter...

Why don't you go back to posting on your Blog about having "teh sex" and leave th efootball talk to guys who realise it has nothign to do with a ball that's not round.

Sides, give Big Ben another off season to prepare for that bell ringing job at Notre Dame, and the Steelers will be shjopping for a QB too.

I'm not saying listen to the RBs or QBs, I'm saying look at the results on the field - listen to your coaches and scouts.

I really doubt that the fans would forgive you for a high-profile position player bust. Bears fans still seethe over Curtis Enis. Chargers fans are still bitter about Ryan Leaf.

The Lions fans are still bitter over:

Mike Williams

Charles Rogers

Joey Harrington

Chris Claiborne

Aaron Gibson

Terry Fair

Bryant Westbrook

and Andre Ware.