[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Letter to Larry Johnson

whomper

Hi Larry,

Its me Whomper. As I sit here popping recreational painkillers I just wanted to reach out to you..I took you number one overall as many did. I managed to draft my best team I have ever drafted around you..Although you have had a great year for me I never leaned on you to carry me..Well Larry today most of the squad was subpar..I need you to put my fantasy team on your shoulders Larry..Im up 10 and will be facing Rudi and Marvin. I know the first half was a tough one for you..Watching LT pour it on as he does every week..But Larry..There is another half to play..You know what I call that 2nd half Larry ? I call it Larrys 2nd half..So please Larry..Just win..Win one for the Whomper..

Best Regards,

Whomper

I don't know if it's the fact that he is fed up with the lack of blocking he has been getting all season. Or if it is the fact that their O is SO much all LJ these days that teams put 9 in the box and give him no where to run. But this just is NOT the same LJ from last seaosn. And I don't mean just numbers wise. The LJ of last year ran angry. The LJ of last year had an attitude. The LJ of last year would run 20 straight plays and never come out. He just seems to not be playing with the same fire and that is what made LJ such a beast. He must just be fed up with no blocking and being targeted on every play. That is no excuse though. He needs to get that fire back because he is clearly lacking that. Again when would LJ EVERY come out after a good run like that 27 yarder? NEVER.

On a side note if Shields retires LJ might not be the stud next season that everyone thinks he will be. Their schedule will be tough. Their O will be weaker. And their OL would take another big hit. I really may keep Gore over him expecially if Shields retires.

Even there you see it. Slips on the screen and just walks back to the huddle, no fire. Drops a pass and just walks back, no fire. I know we are all discussing our playoffs now, but the bigger picture looking forward for LJ is a little questionable IMO. Their O is heading down not up, especially their line. And he doesn't have that fire anymore, at least not right now. Just something to think about keeper wise and # 2 pick wise next season.

Even there you see it. Slips on the screen and just walks back to the huddle, no fire. Drops a pass and just walks back, no fire. I know we are all discussing our playoffs now, but the bigger picture looking forward for LJ is a little questionable IMO. Their O is heading down not up, especially their line. And he doesn't have that fire anymore, at least not right now. Just something to think about keeper wise and # 2 pick wise next season.

Honestly Im dissapointed with him tonight because I needed him bad..Now I need Marvin and rudi to basically tank to win..But LJ was good for me all year and I really think the hit in the 1st quarter he took shook him up..He was never the same after that..Plus SD D came to play

Honestly Im dissapointed with him tonight because I needed him bad..Now I need Marvin and rudi to basically tank to win..But LJ was good for me all year and I really think the hit in the 1st quarter he took shook him up..He was never the same after that..Plus SD D came to play

Very fair. And maybe I am just a little down on him because you see LT tearing it up BIG time week in and week out, which I love since I have LT in my big money SB this week and unless Peyton throws like 5 or 6 TD's none of them to Wayne whom I have I win. But LJ over the past few weeks has been average for him. No TD's in the last 3 games. And in the last 7 games 1 multi TD game. He has been a top 5ish RB the past 7 games but not # 2. He has 96.5 pts in my league. Gore has 104.5. And SJax has 128 over the past 7. All I am saying is LJ is not the LJ stud we grew to know. And unless some things change for next season he may be heading down not up (When I say down I mean for him. Still a top RB but not a clear # 2 over SJax, Gore, or SA).

Edited by giantsfan

I don't know if it's the fact that he is fed up with the lack of blocking he has been getting all season. Or if it is the fact that their O is SO much all LJ these days that teams put 9 in the box and give him no where to run. But this just is NOT the same LJ from last seaosn. And I don't mean just numbers wise. The LJ of last year ran angry. The LJ of last year had an attitude. The LJ of last year would run 20 straight plays and never come out. He just seems to not be playing with the same fire and that is what made LJ such a beast. He must just be fed up with no blocking and being targeted on every play. That is no excuse though. He needs to get that fire back because he is clearly lacking that. Again when would LJ EVERY come out after a good run like that 27 yarder? NEVER.

On a side note if Shields retires LJ might not be the stud next season that everyone thinks he will be. Their schedule will be tough. Their O will be weaker. And their OL would take another big hit. I really may keep Gore over him expecially if Shields retires.

No possible way the Chiefs fail to strengthen thier O-line through draft or free-agency next year.