[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cash Trades

jjwbean

I know many of you will find this disgusting, but our league of 10+ years allows cash trades

This is a high dollar 12 team league with a $300 entry fee. By allowing cadh trades, teams with losing records are allowed to recoup part of their entry fee. It generally allows the cash to even out

Your right - find that disagreeable. I run a league about double yours money wise, and one time 5 years ago, a trade like that happened. When I found out, i reversed it and kicked out both owners the next season. How can you let a playoff team "buy" the missing piece from the last place team? Why bother playing the games - just ask who has the most they are willing to spend, and give him 1st place.

I know many of you will find this disgusting, but our league of 10+ years allows cash trades

This is a high dollar 12 team league with a $300 entry fee. By allowing cadh trades, teams with losing records are allowed to recoup part of their entry fee. It generally allows the cash to even out

I don't like that but the 12 owners in your league obviously have no issues with it and that's all that counts. Just out of curiosity, what was your purpose in posting this?

Your right - find that disagreeable. I run a league about double yours money wise, and one time 5 years ago, a trade like that happened. When I found out, i reversed it and kicked out both owners the next season. How can you let a playoff team "buy" the missing piece from the last place team? Why bother playing the games - just ask who has the most they are willing to spend, and give him 1st place.

If there was a cap limit to what you could spend, then it's apples-to-apples for everyone, and I see nothing wrong with it, as long as all 10 owners are on board.

But if there is no cap, then you are right....the person that is willing to spend the most will likely get 1st place...similar to what the Yankees do every year.

I concur.