[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heeeeeere we go again

msaint

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand why dudes have hot chicks as their avatar... but why do some have fat dumb lookin dudes? Logically... there is only one thing to deduce from the evidence at hand... Where else to be around of fat dudes than a football bbs.

Bill Slurpski, if that even is your real name... you've been found out.

pretty much

to some of these guys, it is more about the possibility of the pats winning a 4th SB this year............because they know that the pats are also in a position to load up again with extra draft picks, have tons of cap space, and seem like they're just going to keep going year after year.........even though they predicted this franchise would go down after losing hall of famer (law) after hall of famer (vinatieri) as well as an SB MVP (branch), and a number of other starters (mcginest, givens, ashworth, andruzzi, patten) not to mention coaches (weis, crennel, mangini).........and guess what??? they are in the AFC championship game.......they are quaking in their boots about what they will have to say about belichick if the pats manage to pull it off this time

they are afraid

.....and here I was worried that the Patriots fans would start getting arrogant. Silly me.

LOL, this coming from a Bears fan. :D

Oh, I wouldn't have put up an "AFC Finalist" banner. I'm not trying to justify that. But you have to admit that sneaking into the playoffs as a Wild Card and winning two tough road games is a lot more impressive than winning a Mickey Mouse division and then getting your ass handed to you in the Divisional game.

Wait, I'm confused, you are laughing at and mocking a Bears fan ? :D

Good one, Mr. Popularity! :D That same template could be applied to any discussion involving you and a Steelers fan. What's that they say about throwing stones from a glass house? :bash:

I have no recollection of what you are referring to ? :D:clap:

I don't think that's it at all. Some people in the Northeast have difficulty understanding this at times, but the rest of America doesn't really give a crap about Belichick, the Pats legacy, or New England in general. They're basically just sick of hearing about the Patriots through the pro-NE, ESPN-dominated sports media. It's similar to how people outside of Texas were sick and tired of the Cowboys by the mid '90s, but without the media propaganda machine.

Yeah, well that and how all the NE homers are so smug, can't talk without an accent and are some of the rudest people I've ever talked to in my life. Those ESPN New England"ers" are a bunch of homer idiots...Michael Smith being the most annoying. It's stupid moranic posts such as this one....trying to get under others skin that shows the true colors of those morans up there in the Northeast. Classless, yup that's the team, franchise and fans. :D

Bring it! :D

ahhh..youve won this battle bill!

hey seriously though...ya think bill will request extra security this sunday to ensure that your Megan Fox of gm doesnt punch anyone in the pats organization?

I'll play.

I like Polian and I don't mind him saying what he did at all.

If it buys the Colts a call come Sunday, then power to him. I don't think he's still whining about the past as much as he his greasing the wheels, so to speak, to have the officials ready to call anything the Pats mght do downfield to the Colts' receivers.

I'm all for it. Really.

This is sad, real sad, whining about 2003?

Let's look at this years game in November, the Pats cornerbacks (for some unknown reason by the way) were playing 15 -20 yards off the WRs. There were no issues last game, so why complain about something?

This Polian is such a tool.

Speaking of tools, anyone see Manning pleading with Indy fans not to sell their tickets to Pats fans. They showed the video on the Boston stations last night, from WTHR-TV (Channel 13) in Indy.

This is sad, real sad, whining about 2003?

Let's look at this years game in November, the Pats cornerbacks (for some unknown reason by the way) were playing 15 -20 yards off the WRs. There were no issues last game, so why complain about something?

This Polian is such a tool.

Speaking of tools, anyone see Manning pleading with Indy fans not to sell their tickets to Pats fans. They showed the video on the Boston stations last night, from WTHR-TV (Channel 13) in Indy.

Like I said, I don't think this is whining at all. It's gamesmanship and if it buys a call, go for it.

Imagine that? :D What's so wrong with that? Typical east coast Sega! slinging going on by your folk.

Imagine that? :D What's so wrong with that? Typical east coast Sega! slinging going on by your folk.

He just sounded like a tool, "Please, Please, Please, don't sell your tickets to Pats fans". He doesn't turn down any endorsement that comes his way and he's the highest played player in the league, so if he's so worried about it, put his money where his mouth is and give each season ticket holder $200 bucks or something.

Edited by charty

That "don't let NE fans have tickets" plea sure worked wonders for the Chargers! :D

His team won and he is still complaining? Jebus. I thought the phanton hold against Ogden and the Ed Reed interception/lateral that drew the early whistle bit the Ravens in the butt.

Of course, why am I not surprised by a team that authorized the state to auction a QB19 license plate to raise money for the new stadium.

I wonder, is there a 1958, 1959 and SuperBowl 5 banner there as well?

I thought the phanton hold against Ogden and the Ed Reed interception/lateral that drew the early whistle bit the Ravens in the butt.

Are you related to Bushwacked ???

:D

Yeah, well that and how all the NE homers are so smug, can't talk without an accent and are some of the rudest people I've ever talked to in my life. Those ESPN New England"ers" are a bunch of homer idiots...Michael Smith being the most annoying.

I was listening to Colin Cowtard on the way to work this morning and Mr. Cowtool stated that if Brady wins another Super Bowl, he'll go down as the best QB EVER. That's right. Better than Montana. Better than Unitas. Better than Favre. Better than Marino. My take is that Brady's awesome and will definitely be in the Top 10 when his career is over... possibly even in the Top 5. But automatically better than Favre if his TEAM wins again in February?! Please. He also went on to say that Bradshaw was a better QB than Manning and Fouts because, hey, he has more rings! :D

No only is this analysis simplistic to the point where it should embarrass the network, but it's yet another example of the excessive Brady pole-smoking going on at ESPN. (Ironically, only a few days after a horrible playoff game where he threw an INT on the game-tying drive and Troy Brown had to save his ass.) They never sucked off Troy Aikman like this after he won his third SB. It's nothing short of blatant homer cheerleading. I can't wait to get satellite radio.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I was listening to Colin Cowtard on the way to work this morning and Mr. Cowtool stated that if Brady wins another Super Bowl, he'll go down as the best QB EVER. That's right. Better than Montana. Better than Unitas. Better than Favre. Better than Marino. My take is that Brady's awesome and will definitely be in the Top 10 when his career is over... possibly even in the Top 5. But automatically better than Favre if his TEAM wins again in February?! Please. He also went on to say that Bradshaw was a better QB than Manning and Fouts because, hey, he has more rings! :D

No only is this analysis simplistic to the point where it should embarrass the network, but it's yet another example of the excessive Brady pole-smoking going on at ESPN. (Ironically, only a few days after a horrible playoff game where he threw an INT on the game-tying drive and Troy Brown had to save his ass.) They never sucked off Troy Aikman like this after he won his third SB. It's nothing short of blatant homer cheerleading. I can't wait to get satellite radio.

Brady is SOOOOOOO awesome that ESPN is slobbering on him about how he is dating Gisele. :bash: This is a story that needs to be on ESPN :D For some reason I think the only reason it's there is so all the NE gheys can stop wondering if they will land a date with Brady. :clap:

:sigh:

I think I'll go hang out in the Tailgate for a few weeks and talk ab out how great George Bush is. The bashing will be less severe over there...

C'mon Nick, it's the price you have to pay for being the fan of a winning team. Not that I'd know, but that's what I heard. :bash:

As a pro football fan, I have a lot of respect for the Patriots. But I think that this guy pretty much sums up how everybody west of Pennsylvania feels... :D

Please, spare us another title from Patriots

We need something other than shabby Belichick, boring defense to watch

OPINION

By Michael Ventre

MSNBC contributor

Updated: 6:48 p.m. PT Jan 16, 2007

Michael Ventre

As the saying goes, “There are no atheists in foxholes.” This, of course, is a reference to those who don’t believe in a higher power, a spiritual being; often at times of crisis, in life and death moments, such individuals quickly become converts.

Granted, the beliefs of others are none of my business. But at a time like this, it’s important to reach out to everyone. Whether it’s a holy and divine being, or the fates, or karma, or a spirit that binds all of mankind in the pursuit of one unifying purpose, it’s vital that all human beings come together with strength and unwavering faith — including the skeptics and pagans — to rid our existence of a relentless and horrible menace.

Please, please, don’t let the Patriots get to another Super Bowl.

On the surface, it may not seem that important. But it is. If the New England Patriots defeat the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC championship game on Sunday, it will unleash a wave of boredom and annoyance that could reach biblical proportions. Men and women alike will gaze at their TV screens and groan, “Not again!” Youngsters will liken it to getting liverwurst sandwiches every day for lunch. Scholars will observe that Bill Belichick maintained an iron grip on power, the longevity of which is rivaled only by that of Fidel Castro.

The Patriots reached this point by beating the Chargers in San Diego last week. After that game, San Diego’s LaDainian Tomlinson complained about how the Patriots disrespected the Chargers with their taunt-filled celebration on the field.

But that isn’t the problem here. Even though they may have swaggered and strutted after that hotly contested playoff game, the Patriots aren’t known as obnoxious woofers. For the most part, they’re classy and reserved.

No, it’s more about their entertainment value, or lack thereof. They’re efficient, like an assembly line. They’re reliable, like the Volvo the neighbors have had for 15 years. They’re predictable, like yams on Thanksgiving.

Does society really need to see more camera shots of Belichick on the sidelines in an old sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off? The Super Bowl reaches approximately 1 billion people in over 230 countries and territories. What we’re saying to the world, in essence, is that this is one of the most successful men in the U.S. at his profession, and if you work hard enough, you too can someday dress like him. I imagine that might slow human initiative around the globe.

And don’t forget that if the Patriots actually win the Super Bowl, then Belichick will be asked to say a few words. This will extend an already interminable telecast because everyone will have to wait around for the voice analysis experts to determine what he said. Belichick’s unique combination of mumbles, grunts and intermittent clichés also threaten to put an entire planet to sleep, although they do succeed in exciting some researchers in the field of primate communication.

The other face of the Patriots is Tom Brady, who is, by almost all accounts, a good guy. But he’s everywhere — on every “SportsCenter” broadcast, on every sports magazine cover, in every talk show discussion. There isn’t anything left to say about him. He’s the NFL version of Bruce Willis, an action movie star who does the same thing over and over again and always prevails. If you look closely during an interview, you can even see the same male pattern baldness. When you know how a movie is going to turn out, there’s no point in watching.

The Patriots certainly should be admired for their ability to come up with big plays when they need to, and for their extraordinary record in the playoffs. They also have an uncanny knack for making the other team appear inadequate.

But that cold efficiency does not make for compelling viewing. The Patriots are like “According to Jim” — yes, they’re successful, but who cares? The Pats don’t have widespread appeal, like the Dallas Cowboys or Los Angeles Lakers or New York Yankees. Their core audience consists of people in and around Boston who need a fifth choice on their anger checklist behind the Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics and the Big Dig. Of those, the Patriots have the best track record lately by far, but that is offset by the fact that an NFL team only plays once a week. Sports fans in New England are the happiest when they’re miserable on a daily basis.

Don’t forget, too, that aside from Brady and Belichick, the rest of the Patriots make minimum wage or thereabouts. That’s why so many of them leave to go to other teams. They’re the Northern Marianas sweatshop of the NFL. Season-ticket holders not only get access to exhibition, regular-season and playoff games, they also get garments at cost. I understand the Patriots’ defensive backs coach is a 10-year-old boy named Eduardo.

There’s still the possibility that the Indianapolis Colts can win the AFC championship. That would be a much preferable outcome. Imagine J.D. Salinger on “Oprah.” Or Bobby Fischer doing an infomercial for an instructional DVD on chess. Or Harper Lee spilling her guts on “Letterman” about why she never wrote another book after “To Kill a Mockingbird.” That would approximate the shock and amazement of seeing Peyton Manning in a Super Bowl. That would be cool.

But please, not the Patriots. Because if they wind up there again, I’ll have to TiVo the Super Bowl and then fast-forward through the game in order to watch the commercials.

And it is my devout belief that I’ll have the rest of the Earth for company.

Michael Ventre writes regularly for MSNBC.com and is a freelance writer in Los Angeles.