[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick

Atlanta Cracker

It's nice to get all the attention but realistically Vick hasn't been the factor making or breaking the Falcons since he's been here. Sure he made a great run in Minnesota and got a nice win in Green Bay but other than that he hasn't done anything another really good QB couldnt in terms of wins. So either let him play and run him like the animal he is or suspend him and let a real QB play. With or without Vick the Falcons record this year will be the same... and I think it may be better than the Saints regardless!!!

Downgrade Dunn and Norwood on your cheat sheets accordingly for redrafts. The only thing more stagnant on your fantasy team this year will be having one of the Minnesota RBBCs.

I'm confused here. If Vick isn't vulturing rushes, shouldn't the ATL RB's be given a boost? Vick stole 1000 yards from them last year, and a few TD's. ATL ran for 2939 yards last year, but the RB's only had 1881 yards. ATL had the most rushes, the most yards, and the highest YPC. Sure, Vick is the main reason for this, but they will still be a rush-first offense, no matter who is at QB. If you take away Vick's rushing, ATL would've been 15th in rushing yards. Personally, I think Norwood is a great value pick this year, as I see him slowly taking over and Dunn losing carries as the season goes on.

I'm confused here. If Vick isn't vulturing rushes, shouldn't the ATL RB's be given a boost? Vick stole 1000 yards from them last year, and a few TD's. ATL ran for 2939 yards last year, but the RB's only had 1881 yards. ATL had the most rushes, the most yards, and the highest YPC. Sure, Vick is the main reason for this, but they will still be a rush-first offense, no matter who is at QB. If you take away Vick's rushing, ATL would've been 15th in rushing yards. Personally, I think Norwood is a great value pick this year, as I see him slowly taking over and Dunn losing carries as the season goes on.

How competitive is Atlanta going to be in 2007? I see them as being one of the worst teams in the NFL this year. If the over/under is 6; I need to fly to Vegas right now!

Uber stud RBs like LT and Barry Sanders will always get theirs no matter how much their team blows. How have C. Williams, Kevin Jones, Willis Macgahee, and Ronnie Brown performed individually compared to their FF draft position over their last 2 years? What is the common denominator?

It's nice to get all the attention but realistically Vick hasn't been the factor making or breaking the Falcons since he's been here. Sure he made a great run in Minnesota and got a nice win in Green Bay but other than that he hasn't done anything another really good QB couldnt in terms of wins. So either let him play and run him like the animal he is or suspend him and let a real QB play. With or without Vick the Falcons record this year will be the same... and I think it may be better than the Saints regardless!!!

He is a below-average QB making far-above average QB money. This hasn't broken the Falcants?

How competitive is Atlanta going to be in 2007? I see them as being one of the worst teams in the NFL this year. If the over/under is 6; I need to fly to Vegas right now!

Uber stud RBs like LT and Barry Sanders will always get theirs no matter how much their team blows. How have C. Williams, Kevin Jones, Willis Macgahee, and Ronnie Brown performed individually compared to their FF draft position over their last 2 years? What is the common denominator?

My point was wasn't that Dunn and Norwood were studs. I was simply questioning why you've decided to downgrade them. If Vick plays, they remain the same, right? If he doesn't, shouldn't they become more important to the team? The way I see it, at worst they remain the same as last year. It's not like ATL is gonna become a passing phenom without Vick.

i would disagree i think most of vicks runs come from broken plays when he is unable to make the proper read and cant find an open receiver , so i doubt he stole too many yards from his backs , now on the other hand with a new coach that seems like he expects vick to assume a more tradional role as QB it might give the backs a few more opportunities to run that is of coarse if vick can be successful passing the ball because if he cant then defenses will just stack the box and make it very difficult for anybody to get any yards .

personally i would have to shy away from all falcon players except maybe crumpler until we can see if vick will be successful in his new offensive scheme

i would disagree i think most of vicks runs come from broken plays when he is unable to make the proper read and cant find an open receiver , so i doubt he stole too many yards from his backs , now on the other hand with a new coach that seems like he expects vick to assume a more tradional role as QB it might give the backs a few more opportunities to run that is of coarse if vick can be successful passing the ball because if he cant then defenses will just stack the box and make it very difficult for anybody to get any yards .

personally i would have to shy away from all falcon players except maybe crumpler until we can see if vick will be successful in his new offensive scheme

ATL has run against a stacked line since Vick got to ATL in 2001. Do you really think defenses aren't crowding the LOS on every play? My disagreement is that someone said to downgrade the ATL RB's. I see no reason to do that, with or without Vick.

a) Norwood and Dunn will probably be least negatively impacted by all this

b ) Crumpler will probably be most negatively impacted by all this

c) Harrington is going to be the QB of this team.

Edited by rattsass

I'm new here, but I'd like to stick my two cents worth in. Seems to me, removing Vick from the equation would only serve to allow defenses to focus even more on the ground game. I'm going to guess it'll be tougher for Atlanta's rbs to gain yards, simply because the spy who's sole job was to bird dog (no pun intended) Vick will now be free to pursue the football.

That being said, I've never been even remotely interested in drafting Vick. His 2,000-2,200 yds passing and 17-20 TD passes every year are hardly worth wasting anything higher than a 10th round pick. I could never understand why he went so high in the draft. He's the biggest fraud at QB since Cunningham.

a) Norwood and Dunn will probably be least negatively impacted by all this

b ) Crumpler will probably be most negatively impacted by all this

c) Harrington is going to be the QB of this team.

Agreed. This offense will struggle, with or without Vick. However, if they're able to sustain drives and if the defense stays healthy, they have a chance to be decent. The Falcons have A LOT of veteran defensive talent.

I'm new here, but I'd like to stick my two cents worth in. Seems to me, removing Vick from the equation would only serve to allow defenses to focus even more on the ground game. I'm going to guess it'll be tougher for Atlanta's rbs to gain yards, simply because the spy who's sole job was to bird dog (no pun intended) Vick will now be free to pursue the football.

That being said, I've never been even remotely interested in drafting Vick. His 2,000-2,200 yds passing and 17-20 TD passes every year are hardly worth wasting anything higher than a 10th round pick. I could never understand why he went so high in the draft. He's the biggest fraud at QB since Cunningham.

Well in the only league I have had him in last year he finished 10th OVERALL. Ranked 4th overall for QB's ahead of Palmer, Brady and McNabb to name a few. Those 1022 rushing yards are more valuable than another 1000 passing yards. 10th round my @$$.

I think the number one way that losing Vick affects the Falcons is that it changes the way all defenses in the league gameplan for the Falcons. They become an ordinary gameplan for opposing defenses versus one where they have to account for Vick's athleticism. NFC South defensive coaches must be crossing their fingers and getting ready to pass rush the snot out of Harrington.

Atlanta's offensive problems are only compounded by taking away that dimension. Of course, more than a couple offensive issues are due to Vick in the first place, so maybe they'll cancel each other out?

Also, an incident like this has a long hangover. It must suck to be a Falcon player right now. Your season may already be shot.

you make it sound like a zero-sum game, but it isn't. without vick, the falcons will NOT be the top rushing team in the league. probably not top 10. vick's mobility, and the threat he represents on counters, bootlegs, playaction, etc., has been the #1 factor in the overall success of the falcons running game. if vick is your QB, it stands to reason that your team will have awesome running stats and awful passing stats, and that is indeed the case. replace him and the running stats will NOT stay the same, regardless of who replaces him. normally, you would expect the passing stats to get better if you take vick out. but if you're replacing him with joey harrington...? :D

:D at how no Vick = the worst team in the NFL.

You all said he sucks, but now if he isn't playing for them, Atlanta becomes the worst team. Make up your minds.

You know, all Michael Vick has managed to do is barely break a few of Bobby Douglass' records when you get right down to it. Big deal.

...when he is unable to make the proper read and cant find an open receiver ...

Isn't this like every play.

Your post says it all.

Well in the only league I have had him in last year he finished 10th OVERALL. Ranked 4th overall for QB's ahead of Palmer, Brady and McNabb to name a few. Those 1022 rushing yards are more valuable than another 1000 passing yards. 10th round my @$$.

Here's overall 2006 QB Ratings:

Vick is 20th

If you look at these numbers individually, Vick comes in 21st in passing yards (total). 10th in td passes. (I'll be honest, that surprised me). 28th in pass completeion pct.

Here's overall 2006 passing yards (per game):

Atlanta is 32nd

That's right, dead last in the NFL

As far as Vick's rushing goes, hiss 1,000 yards are nice, and if you add them to his passing yards, it's around 3500 total, which is pretty good. But, his two rushing tds hardly make up for his meager 20 passing tds.

I've never even given the guy a second look at draft time. Is he exciting to watch? Yes. but he's not ever going to take me to the promised land.

You know, all Michael Vick has managed to do is barely break a few of Bobby Douglass' records when you get right down to it. Big deal.

Click and read. :D

I can't wait for Harrington to be the leader of this team. He's awesome enough to make sure Vick never plays again. :D

I can't wait for Harrington to be the leader of this team. He's awesome enough to make sure Vick never plays again. :D

Laugh all you want, but Harrington even at this point in his career is a better passer than Vick.

Did you even look up Bobby Douglass?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/DougBo00.htm

Michael Vick is not in the all-time top 50 in any major category.

Bobby Douglass is not in the all-time top 50 in any major category.

Bobby Douglass does have this, to put what he did and how he played into perspective:

Seasons among the league's top 10

Rushing TDs: 1972-7t

"The most exciting player in the league" never did that and probably won't get the chance to crack that top 10.