[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEW RB in GREEN BAY

Jumpin Johnies

Isn't it possible that GB had to run more since its not really a good idea to throw a bunch of quick slants against Champ and Bly? I don't know if I see GB running game putting up 100 yards overall most weeks...let alone with a single rusher as the year goes. The Grant value seems to be held to whether he ends up getting within running distance of the goal line. I'd only expect 60 to 70 yards per game otherwise (which doesn't make him that appealing in my league). We'll just have to see how this goes. So far this year has been crazy so I guess anything could happen.

Good points but he could be good in a PPR league. In the Bears game they did well early(Wynn), but abandoned running in the 2nd half. They are a developing team and may have some good matchups, but are probably still one of the worst teams overall.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news Earnest Graham Rushed for 92 yds & added 99 yds receiving against Detroit then followed it up with a respectable 4.4 ypc average against a very stout Jax run D yet there is talk about how Bennett should have that job & there has been little to no fanfare for Graham.

Rookie RB Jackson Will Get Playing Time

Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel -

Green Bay Packers rookie RB Brandon Jackson, who is returning from injury, will play a fairly prominent role this weekend. He'll be serving as the situational runner, which means a lot of snaps as the third-down back. Veteran RB Vernand Morency will be starting RB Ryan Grant's backup on running downs and play some third downs depending on how much work Jackson can handle. Jackson, who started all through training camp and the first three games of the season, is best-suited for third-down work because he's an excellent receiver with the moves to make something happen in the open field. In his three starts, he caught 11 passes and had a reception of at least 15 yards in each game.

Rookie RB Jackson Will Get Playing Time

Tom Silverstein, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel -

Green Bay Packers rookie RB Brandon Jackson, who is returning from injury, will play a fairly prominent role this weekend. He'll be serving as the situational runner, which means a lot of snaps as the third-down back. Veteran RB Vernand Morency will be starting RB Ryan Grant's backup on running downs and play some third downs depending on how much work Jackson can handle. Jackson, who started all through training camp and the first three games of the season, is best-suited for third-down work because he's an excellent receiver with the moves to make something happen in the open field. In his three starts, he caught 11 passes and had a reception of at least 15 yards in each game.

Makes some sense. Anybody that watched Jackson in college should have an idea of what he can do on screen passes. Hopefully he is smart enough to learn to pickup the blitz. Maybe he's been watching more film since his injury?

Makes some sense. Anybody that watched Jackson in college should have an idea of what he can do on screen passes. Hopefully he is smart enough to learn to pickup the blitz. Maybe he's been watching more film since his injury?

Jackson is only active due to the Wynn injury. He has been a huge disappointment and not one to put in the necessary work to be a starter. I'd be shocked if he even sees the ball Sunday...

Jackson is only active due to the Wynn injury. He has been a huge disappointment and not one to put in the necessary work to be a starter. I'd be shocked if he even sees the ball Sunday...

Actually he's been hurt and hasn't seen the field much lately.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=681288

"According to coach Mike McCarthy, Jackson will play a fairly prominent role, serving as the situational runner, which means a lot of snaps as the third-down back. Morency will be Grant's backup on running downs and play some third downs depending on how much work Jackson can handle."

He's been disappointing, but he's also been injured. I've read nothing about him not putting "in the necessary work to be a starter". He has struggled to grasp pass protection, as many RB's seem to do. I'm not ready to write him off, but he hasn't done much to impress thus far.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=681288

"According to coach Mike McCarthy, Jackson will play a fairly prominent role, serving as the situational runner, which means a lot of snaps as the third-down back. Morency will be Grant's backup on running downs and play some third downs depending on how much work Jackson can handle."

He's been disappointing, but he's also been injured. I've read nothing about him not putting "in the necessary work to be a starter". He has struggled to grasp pass protection, as many RB's seem to do. I'm not ready to write him off, but he hasn't done much to impress thus far.

I see at no point in that article where MCCARTHY says he is going to be used in that capacity.

It is the writer's assupmtion, and IMO an incorrect one. Why would a guy who can't pass protect in the least get the 3rd down looks??? He won't...

Why would a guy who can't pass protect in the least get the 3rd down looks??? He won't...

Well, a few paragraphs down he does say this:

"This will be his second full week of practice where he's full go," McCarthy said. "I expect him when his opportunity comes to go in there and be productive. He's very sharp. He's done a great job with blitz pick-ups and things like that, the tougher things. He's a tough kid."

The kid has been injured and he's a rookie. It's not as though the running game has been productive for any of our backs before last weekend. He hasn't impressed, but there's still time for him to turn it around.

But hey, you're a Redskins fan. I'm sure you know what's going on.

Well, a few paragraphs down he does say this:

"This will be his second full week of practice where he's full go," McCarthy said. "I expect him when his opportunity comes to go in there and be productive. He's very sharp. He's done a great job with blitz pick-ups and things like that, the tougher things. He's a tough kid."

The kid has been injured and he's a rookie. It's not as though the running game has been productive for any of our backs before last weekend. He hasn't impressed, but there's still time for him to turn it around.

But hey, you're a Redskins fan. I'm sure you know what's going on.

Hmm. I see the key phrase here as "I expect him when his opportunity comes to go in there and be productive".

Who knows "when" that will be. We will see this weekend.

LOL Degrade a Redskins fan? That only means I'm one of the most loyal fans out there. Moran.

LOL Degrade a Redskins fan? That only means I'm one of the most loyal fans out there. Moran.

You missed the point as usual amigo. I should have been clearer. You're a Redskin fan that claims to have intimate insight on the Packers. You're making assumptions based on a few things you read here and there, and talking out yer butt. That was my point.

You could've been a Colts fan, Raiders fan, 49ers fan, whatever.

Edited by Sturphy

I see at no point in that article where MCCARTHY says he is going to be used in that capacity.

It is the writer's assupmtion, and IMO an incorrect one. Why would a guy who can't pass protect in the least get the 3rd down looks??? He won't...

R. Grant 19 55 0 12

B. Jackson 5 18 0 11

V. Morency 1 6 0 6

Jackson and Morency split 3rd down duties all game long.

Jackson was the guy they turned to when Grant went out with injury in the 4th quarter.

:D

It was never about carries ROYAL. You were arguing that he wouldn't be in there on 3rd down. And he was. Remember what you were saying at all?

HE SPLIT 3RD DOWN BACK RESPONSIBILITIES WITH MORENCY ALL GAME LONG. DOESN'T MEAN THEY GAVE HIM THE BALL EVERY TIME. HELLO?

But they did give it to him twice before Grant left hurt.

But what's the point... you're just talking out your backside again. No one said Jackson was any good.

These are his carries before Grant's injury FWIW:

1st Quarter:

1-10-KC 34 (1:16) 32-B.Jackson up the middle to KC 36 for -2 yards (56-D.Johnson).

3rd Quarter:

3-22-GB 30 (12:17) (Shotgun) 32-B.Jackson right end to GB 41 for 11 yards (24-T.Law).

:D

It was never about carries ROYAL. You were arguing that he wouldn't be in there on 3rd down. And he was. Remember what you were saying at all?

HE SPLIT 3RD DOWN BACK RESPONSIBILITIES WITH MORENCY ALL GAME LONG. DOESN'T MEAN THEY GAVE HIM THE BALL EVERY TIME. HELLO?

But they did give it to him twice before Grant left hurt.

But what's the point... you're just talking out your backside again. No one said Jackson was any good.

These are his carries before Grant's injury FWIW:

1st Quarter:

1-10-KC 34 (1:16) 32-B.Jackson up the middle to KC 36 for -2 yards (56-D.Johnson).

3rd Quarter:

3-22-GB 30 (12:17) (Shotgun) 32-B.Jackson right end to GB 41 for 11 yards (24-T.Law).

Nope. My original post was that he would NOT be used--meaning he wouldn't get many touches and be fantasy relevant. Which he wasn't.

Then in a more recent post, that he wouldn't be responsible for all the 3rd down snaps. Which, again, he wasn't. He split them with Morency. He was only slated to get around 5-7 snaps. That increased when Grant went down.

You just displayed it. He had TWO touches before Grant was concussed. That is what we are talking about here right? Fantasy football? Touches? Production?

He had 5 carries for 18 yards--which was boosted by the Grant injury. They didn't give him the ball, which is what I said from the very beginning...

I do know that there was a week before Wynn went on IR, where Jackson was a healthy scratch.

Apparently Coach McCarthy felt he really couldn't afford to roster 4 RB's game day, so Wynn, Grant & Morency were active & Jackson was made a healthy inactive.

I have heard that pass protection is actually a strength with Jackson, it's just the other areas of his play at his postion, that the Pack aren't exactly enamored with...you know...the things that RB's do like run the ball.

Packers RB Grant Will Start

Packers.com -

When asked what his rotation will be at the RB position this week vs. Minnesota, Green Nay Packers HC Mike McCarthy said the following: "Same rotation as last week. Ryan Grant will be the starter, Brandon will be the backup and play special teams, and Vernand will be the situational player and special teams

• 2 weeks later...