[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LJ

Hugh-mongus

I do not own LJ but if had to wait till late December to get a return on my first round pick I would likely not be in playoff contention.

They'll be pissed before then. I'm telling you all now, weeks 5 - 13 is where LJ gets it done. 6 home games out of 8 in a row

That was my point. By december when these owners are starring on the outside of the fantasy football playoffs because they bailed on LJ too fast they will be pissed.

That was my point. By december when these owners are starring on the outside of the fantasy football playoffs because they bailed on LJ too fast they will be pissed.

Just out of curiosity, what have you seen in the past 3 games that makes you think that LJ will live up to top 5/6 FF RB status for the rest of the season? Everything I've seen contradicts your conclusion that he'll play his way out of this slump. The passing game in KC is a complete mess, and losing 2 perenial All-pro O linemen in the past 2 seasons is showing in the lack of wide open holes that used to be there for him to run through.

There has to be something you're basing your opinion upon other than history. If you are looking at history, you should be expecting more of the same for the rest of the year (as I clearly documented in a thread before this season started regarding RBs who get so many carries and their lack of production the following year).

Post edit - hoping to get a response from cliaz or anyone else with the same position he has. I've only seen KC a bit this year, including all game yesterday. I'm wondering if I'm missing something that someone else who has seen all or the greater parts of the games in weeks 1 & 2 may have seen.

(in short, I'm not in condescending prick mode yet)

Edited by Bronco Billy

His early schedule just doesn't justify for me how terrible he's been. You say he's faced some stout run defenses, but even average to below average defenses become stout against the run when you can't pass *at all*. He may not be *as bad* when he gets to his softer schedule, but he's not going to be anywhere near an elite running back. If you can deal him to someone who thinks he will be, then I would do it.

What in the heck did you guys expect? They lost two future-HOF offensive linemen, Trent Green is gone, Eddie Kennison is washed up, Damon Huard is under center, and Herm Edwards is calling plays. LOL at the people who expected LJ to rush for 1,800 yds this year. :D

....all of which was true last year when he was tearing it up. Only real diff is they lost another OL but from what I hear (from KC homers), Shields was well past his prime anyway.

Also many of us didn't exactly expect 1800 yds this year. We did however think it reasonable to expect at least 50-75 a game with occasional flashes into 100+ turf with oh btw some TDs here and there.

....all of which was true last year when he was tearing it up. Only real diff is they lost another OL but from what I hear (from KC homers), Shields was well past his prime anyway.

That offense was in decline big-time last year. They couldn't muster a third down until nearly the end of the third quarter in the Colts game. They've also lost Eddie Kennison, their only legitimately solid WR.

Also many of us didn't exactly expect 1800 yds this year. We did however think it reasonable to expect at least 50-75 a game with occasional flashes into 100+ turf with oh btw some TDs here and there.

If you drafted LJ this year, you reached too high for him. If you held onto him in a keeper league, you didn't see the writing on the wall last season.

Bill I still think he and the offense will come around......guess we'll have to wait and see who's correct. Two of there best 3 playmakers on offense didn't show up on time for camp in Bowe and LJ. Once the Chiefs open up the offense a little more (they HAVE to) Lj will run wild. The playcalling has been terrible, and in case anyone didn't know or see it, Huard and LJ both went off on offensive coaches yesterday because of the play calls. It will get better, it can't get any worse.

In the 2nd quarter, not long before half, LJ was stopped behind the line of scrimmage and spiked the ball in frustration, drawing a "delay of game" penalty. Walking off the field, LJ and Huard were yelling at Herm, Solari (the OC) and the QB coach calling them out for their VERY crappy play calling (what one writer referred to as the horizontal passing game). In the first half, Gonzo and Bowe combined for 14 yards ... in the second half, it was over 150 yards.

Bill I still think he and the offense will come around......guess we'll have to wait and see who's correct. Two of there best 3 playmakers on offense didn't show up on time for camp in Bowe and LJ. Once the Chiefs open up the offense a little more (they HAVE to) Lj will run wild. The playcalling has been terrible, and in case anyone didn't know or see it, Huard and LJ both went off on offensive coaches yesterday because of the play calls. It will get better, it can't get any worse.

I agree that LJ's numbers will eventually improve. But I think that you're looking at Thomas Jones-type numbers (1,300 rushing yds, single-digit TDs) even when the offense improves. That's not good for a guy who was #3 on a lot of people's draft boards this year.

Didn't Curtis Martin put up big numbers with Herm?

Pretty sure he had a few of his biggest years under Herm.

Curtis Martin had exactly one big year under Herm, then he was forced into retirement. One year is all that any back will have under Herm. What did LJ have last year, 400 carries? Stick a fork in him, he's done. Maybe one or two "big" games from here, but LJ's career is done. Herm cooked him.