[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moroney out week 6 too?

gardenthug

it depends on the final weeks of the season and when the Colts/Pats play eachother as well....the rest of the teams won't play a factor because the Steelers are the next best team in the AFC and they play the Colts and Pats as well.....

I think things will shake out a bit more clearly by that time...

Maybe, maybe not. It's possible both could have the same record down the stretch and in that case, they would have to keep playing full tilt if they want to ensure that they get home field advantage. Now if either one loses more then two games, then it probably won't be a factor.

another per sportsline :D

Laurence Maroney, RB NE

News: The Boston Globe reports that Patriots coach Bill Belichick said the following about RB Laurence Maroney on Friday: "He's making progress, he's doing some things on the field, it will probably be a game-time decision," Belichick said. "He's definitely getting closer."

Analysis: This isn't really massive news -- it just means Maroney's owners will once again have to pay close attention to the inactives for the Patriots' Week 6 game against the Cowboys. If Maroney can't go, then Sammy Morris will get the call at RB once again.

Lol, I love the way Fanball put it...

Patriots: Maroney may one day play again

10/12/07 12:04 PM

THE NEWS

Laurence Maroney may, in fact, play again. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick addressed Maroney's status for the first time in three weeks during a Friday morning press conference. "He's making progress, he's doing some things on the field," Belichick told the Boston Globe. "It will probably be a game time decision. He's definitely getting closer." Maroney has missed two straight games with a groin injury.

Our View

No, Belichick didn't actually reveal anything about Maroney's status, but it's nice to hear that the team has finally acknowledged that he has an injury and that there is actually a chance he may someday play football in the NFL again. We clearly won't know anything until Sunday morning, but it appears Maroney is "definitely getting closer" to returning to action.

Thank god I didnt draft any Pats this year. This is just unfair.

Lol, I love the way Fanball put it...

Patriots: Maroney may one day play again

10/12/07 12:04 PM

THE NEWS

Laurence Maroney may, in fact, play again. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick addressed Maroney's status for the first time in three weeks during a Friday morning press conference. "He's making progress, he's doing some things on the field," Belichick told the Boston Globe. "It will probably be a game time decision. He's definitely getting closer." Maroney has missed two straight games with a groin injury.

Our View

No, Belichick didn't actually reveal anything about Maroney's status, but it's nice to hear that the team has finally acknowledged that he has an injury and that there is actually a chance he may someday play football in the NFL again. We clearly won't know anything until Sunday morning, but it appears Maroney is "definitely getting closer" to returning to action.

Thank god I didnt draft any Pats this year. This is just unfair.

I have Morris as a #4 I think....it depends on the week and who is on a bye....

I like having Morris....

Morris >>Maroney

Laurence Maroney, RB NE

News: The Boston Herald reports Saturday that RB Laurence Maroney, sidelined the last two games with a groin injury, will likely play Week 6 at Dallas. The Patriots list him as questionable, and head coach Bill Belichick called him a game-time decision. "(Belichick) said it’s a gametime decision? Then it’s a gametime decision. There we go," said Maroney.

according to cbs

Edited by whomper

unfortunately, in my other league i think i gotta start him.

My RBs are

Lynch : Bye Week

DeAngelo : nothing so far

Jason Wright : starting him as Lewis is OUT

Maroney: will lose carries to Sammie, for sure

Kenny Watson: thought he'd get the start but Rudi is back....

key question is does Maroney have a decent game or does Watson???

Patriots | Maroney reportedly out for Week 6

Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:43:57 -0700

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney (groin) will not play Week 6, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Maroney made the trip with the team, but he will miss the game. He had been considered a game-time decision.

From KFFL.com. YES!!!!!!!!! I am a Morris owner.

Patriots | Maroney reportedly out for Week 6

Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:43:57 -0700

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney (groin) will not play Week 6, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Maroney made the trip with the team, but he will miss the game. He had been considered a game-time decision.

From KFFL.com. YES!!!!!!!!! I am a Morris owner.

Just happened to see similar speculation in the Boston Globes Patriot Chat with Mike Reiss:

mang__Guest_ Hey Mike... You mentioned in your blog yesterday that Maroney looked good during practice and today Coach B said he was a gametime decision come Sunday. Do you think he'll play or is this a smokescreen?

Mike_Reiss I don't have any inside information on this one, but my hunch is that Maroney will not play. I do think we'll have a better idea by Saturday night, because if running back Kyle Eckel is still on the roster, I would view that as a sign that Maroney won't suit up.

and gilthorp makes a good point.

Guess I will make a coin flip tomorrow unless other news surfaces. :D

Edited by Gunther

for those who own maroney/morris....especially morris (since you probably got him in the cheap)...dont even think about trading him or even dropping him (if for some reason he loses alot of carries once maroney comes back)...the pats have the both the jets and miami week 15 and 16 at home...maroney has a good chance to be either injured or rested for the real nfl playoff run...morris could easily finish top 5 rb during the most crucial weeks of fantasy.

Edited by mrpnlu

ESPN's John Clayton confirms that Laurence Maroney (groin) is not expected to play Sunday against the Cowboys.

Clayton says it was evident on Friday in practice that Maroney wouldn't be fit enough to go against Dallas. Sammy Morris becomes a safe RB2 option.