[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys / Pats game thread

whomper

Belichick was not coaching that team back then. Pittsburgh was never successful going through NE during the genius era. You said "Also, which team has the most recent Lombardi trophy ?" Did you just say that??? lmao :D Is that what your pinning your success too. Read my sig, it says it all. Enough said!

ugly :D tuna

we havent lost to the pats in the playoffs during the "tomlin era" either. it goes both ways.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God, you are stupid. You might want to go back and delete that one............. :D

:D

January 3, 1998

Pittsburgh Steelers 7, New England Patriots 6

Also, which team has the most recent Lombardi trophy ?

yeah but uhh...curtis martin was out for that one....and uhhh the officiating was pretty bad...and uhhhh..mike vrabel was on the other team...so umm i conclude that had we had a healthy curtis martin and mike vrabel on our team, not yours, we woulda beat you and gone to the super bowl...soooo

yeah but uhh...curtis martin was out for that one....and uhhh the officiating was pretty bad...and uhhhh..mike vrabel was on the other team...so umm i conclude that had we had a healthy curtis martin and mike vrabel on our team, not yours, we woulda beat you and gone to the super bowl...soooo

We had to offset the pats cheating ways somehow!

I was actually at that game, and the Steelers TD came on a Kordell Stewart TD run, where the Patriots Linebacker (Can't remember who) had a clear shot to push Kordell out of bounds, but, he let up, apparently thinking that Kordell had stepped out of bounds. It was odd.

I was actually at that game, and the Steelers TD came on a Kordell Stewart TD run, where the Patriots Linebacker (Can't remember who) had a clear shot to push Kordell out of bounds, but, he let up, apparently thinking that Kordell had stepped out of bounds. It was odd.

Chad Eaton perhaps?

The LB clearly didn't want to get flagged for an illegal hit on the QB. IIRC it would have forced PIT to punt, and an illegal hit would have been a first down.

That LB shoulda Mo Lewis'd Slash.

Chad Eaton perhaps?

The LB clearly didn't want to get flagged for an illegal hit on the QB. IIRC it would have forced PIT to punt, and an illegal hit would have been a first down.

That LB shoulda Mo Lewis'd Slash.

Actually, it was already a long run, and the Linebacker ( I think it was Ted Johnson) had an angle on him, and was the last line of defense. When he got over to Kordell, he just completely held up, as if he thought he had stepped out of bounds, and Kordell just kept running into the endzone. Weird play.

Actually, it was already a long run, and the Linebacker ( I think it was Ted Johnson) had an angle on him, and was the last line of defense. When he got over to Kordell, he just completely held up, as if he thought he had stepped out of bounds, and Kordell just kept running into the endzone. Weird play.

I am almost 100% sure it wasn;t Ted Johnson. People remember Johnson because he was the one that got called for the facemask penalty that never occurred.

Chad Eaton or Chris Slade.

I am almost 100% sure it wasn;t Ted Johnson. People remember Johnson because he was the one that got called for the facemask penalty that never occurred.

Chad Eaton or Chris Slade.

Todd Collins

The next play called for Stewart to run. He rolled to his left, then faked a pass, freezing the linebackers momentarily. Then he took off, tip-toeing down the sidelines. It was a moment New England linebacker Todd Collins said he would remember the entire off season -- for Collins had a shot at Stewart but held up, thinking the quarterback had run out of bounds.

''It's a hard way to go out, man,'' said Collins, who last Sunday intercepted a Dan Marino pass and returned it for a touchdown. ''I thought he was already out of bounds. To think, you take it all the way back to training camp, and then just a split-second hesitation and it's all gone. It's one of those you relive your whole life.''

Todd Collins

The next play called for Stewart to run. He rolled to his left, then faked a pass, freezing the linebackers momentarily. Then he took off, tip-toeing down the sidelines. It was a moment New England linebacker Todd Collins said he would remember the entire off season -- for Collins had a shot at Stewart but held up, thinking the quarterback had run out of bounds.

''It's a hard way to go out, man,'' said Collins, who last Sunday intercepted a Dan Marino pass and returned it for a touchdown. ''I thought he was already out of bounds. To think, you take it all the way back to training camp, and then just a split-second hesitation and it's all gone. It's one of those you relive your whole life.''

Bingo! Charty got Bingo!

Todd Collins

Well, he was out of bounds. But I'm over that one by now.