[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Say BYE BYE! to Mr. McNabb fellow philly fans

RJV

where will he end up next year?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. hmmm pick your choice

• MINN
    • CHI
    • KC
    • ATL
    • BAL
    • MIA

If you were making another team 'better and harder to beat' by trading them Mcnabb, you wouldn't be trading him away would you :D

This is not what we are talking about really? is it?? McNabb cant "do it" here in philly anymore. We need to trade him away while, he has trade value right now and Eagles can get a high draft pick, cash, or even stud players for him at this point. If we wait it out and he looses more and more, or even get that 1 more major injury, we lost out. Dont forget, Eagles has to pay him BIG BUCKS if he is on the roster next year, and that IS NOT or EVER been in the Eagles mind for any player they ever had.

I meant if you're making out that Mcnabb is going to make the team he would be traded to that much better; you wouldn't be trading him away.

I agree it would be wise to, but he isn't going to be as 'sell-high' as he previously was, because frankly he stinks now.

I meant if you're making out that Mcnabb is going to make the team he would be traded to that much better; you wouldn't be trading him away.

I agree it would be wise to, but he isn't going to be as 'sell-high' as he previously was, because frankly he stinks now.

I probably have not seen as many Iggle games as you have but did you see how little time he had to throw last night? Dallas was in his face most of the night. Couple that with the fact that the injury he suffered last season hinders his mobility and the fact that he hs throwing to a pair of #2 wideouts and you get what you get.

This is not all McNabb's fault. Teams cannot win by simply dumping off passes to their RB all night long.

No it isnt all McNabbs fault, but for one thing the guy will NEVER throw a accurate pass between the numbers EVER. He didnt at Syracruse nor in Phila. Sure his % is decent but out of that %, how many were thrown so far out of reach of the reciever that it almost got him killed???

I think there is a very good chance he comes to Minny...not sure if I like the move either....but he would be a HUGH upgrade to what the Vikes have now....

So would the kicking tee

This is not what we are talking about really? is it?? McNabb cant "do it" here in philly anymore. We need to trade him away while, he has trade value right now and Eagles can get a high draft pick, cash, or even stud players for him at this point. If we wait it out and he looses more and more, or even get that 1 more major injury, we lost out. Dont forget, Eagles has to pay him BIG BUCKS if he is on the roster next year, and that IS NOT or EVER been in the Eagles mind for any player they ever had.

What do you mean by BIG BUCKS? I thought his salary next year was $6.2M and then $9.3M in 2009?

And in your other post you say that McNabb "will NEVER throw a accurate pass between the numbers EVER." Is it me or has McNabb been a pretty good QB overall throughout his career. How much of his acurracy problem has to do with the lack of any talent at the WR position? Now I am no McNabb apologist and I do think it is time for the Eagles to move on. My reasoning is not so much because of McNabb, but because the team is getting old fast and the young players they have brought in to replace the veterans haven't exactly worked out that well so far. This team has to rebuild so they might as well do it with a QB that will be around for the long run. I think McNabb is gone after this year and as long as he goes to a team with some weapons I think he can still be a great QB. I would love to see him on a team like Detroit. Let's see how he does with those weapons.

I am beginning to think the McNabb trade rumors have some legs. Watching his PC from 11/7, really solidified it for me. There's something fishy in his relationship with the FO this year. Maybe the drafting of Kolb did more damage than he let on earlier. Maybe all the craptastic play has sucked the life out of this team.

One thing's for sure, the Eagles this season are a rudderless ship, and McNabb is doing everything in his power to tell people he ain't steering.

Watching him this year you can see he doesnt have the mobility to elude he once had,yet.Nice Coaching not to put a TE on a guy who is getting free shot after free shot on your recovering QB vs. the Giants.

Watching McNabb look downfield while a guy had ahold of his foot was pathetic.It didnt look like he tried to get away,just stood there,not even throwing the ball away.It looked like he just quit honestly.

Over the years he has made more recievers look good than I can recall.Hes made them better,not the other way around,maybe they should get him some weapons instead of shopping the bargain basement year after year.

Over the years he has made more recievers look good than I can recall.

LOL yeah I forgot all those WRs lookin good for Philly in the McNabb era.

Really who's going to pay him what he'll likely ask?

I vote other

Edited by BeeR

LOL yeah I forgot all those WRs lookin good for Philly in the McNabb era.

Really who's going to pay him what he'll likely ask?

I vote other

Hes put up good numbers through the years,what other name reciever has he had besides Owens on his team?

Which recievers left Philly besides Owens and and put up better numbers anywhere?

Im not a Philly fan so I may be wrong.

I'd be very surprised if either McNabb or Reid were still in Philly next summer. McNabb will probably end up in either Chi-town or Minny. The Vikes would probably be a better fit for him, but I imagine that the Bears would be more desperate for a QB and would be willing to offer more.

If Reid doesn't choose to take a year off to deal with his family issues, I wouldn't be surprised to see him take Norv's job in SD. I'm not sure if Rivers' relative lack of mobility makes him an ideal WCO QB, but he does have the accuracy and intelligence to pull it off.

I've always been amazed at how much criticism McNabb attracts. He's been nothing but great for the Eagles from day 1 but never seems to do enough for what ever reason. The guy is recovering from an injury, seems to have lost a step and is not playing up to his ability but has anyone else noticed how 75% of the other QB's in this league are playing? There are about 10 "good" QB's in the entire league. Most of theme are average to mediocre. Brady & Manning just happen to be head and shoulders above the rest magnifying the poor play of struggling QB's.

So before all the Mcnabb hate mail and he sucks posts start pouring in, take a look at the rest of the clowns out there. Mcnabb would be a huge upgrade to a contending team next year and is still a top 10 QB IMO. In his prime he was a top 5 QB easy. The Eagles and McNabb would be wise to part ways as neither seem to be too interested in each other right now. However, the eagles would be foolish to trade him to someone in the NFC and make their lives hell. Does anyone even know if Kolb is ready to play before making trading assumptions?

I'm not even going to go into the crappy offensive supporting cast the Eagles provided Donovan with for most of his career.......