[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quinn possibly to be shopped in offseason

keggerz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

I am not being hard on him. I am trying to explain to people that for some reason have cotton stuffed in their ears (or in this case have foggy glasses) that nothing that Anderson has done should compel anyone to ship Brady Quinn anywhere!

The fact is that Anderson failed in that spot. Sure, it's a small sample size, but it's all we have. He wilted under pressure with a hugh lead and the team lost. Had he succeeded, we could look at that and say that it was something to hang his hat on for now, and let's see where it takes us. But he didn't.

And even if the Browns did hold on to win that game I would think it would be mental midgetry to trade Quinn away after the 9 or so illustrious starts of Derek Anderson's career.

LMMAO, have you seen these Browns play before Anderson took over. Melt down or not, who cares, he makes this offense go, period. Who thought Cleveland would be a top 5 offense before the season began. Speak up and Ill call you out as a liar.

:D What are they going to do? Sneak into a WC berth at 8-8 and get bounced in the first round?

That's about the best they can hope for if their QB can't move them into FG range for an entire half against a good defense. And I don't find that to be very significant.

sheesh, remind me not to hire you as my coach/GM.

i think you are basing way too much on the end of that one game.

LMMAO, have you seen these Browns play before Anderson took over. Melt down or not, who cares, he makes this offense go, period. Who thought Cleveland would be a top 5 offense before the season began. Speak up and Ill call you out as a liar.

Call me out all you like, it's not like anyone will listen :D

Yet again, I never said that Anderson hasn't been playing well this year. I have only said that 1) In the one big game situation he has been in he didn;t come through and 2) it would be dumb for Cleveland to trade Brady Quinn based on this small sample of games by Anderson.

Go ahead. Call me out on that. :D:wacko:

Cleveland homer here, and there has been zero talk of anything about any of this entire thread here in cleveland. Crennel has stated that with the browns in the playoff hunt, and with DA playing so well, there is no reason to rush Quinn onto the field. Quinn is going to sit this entire season and learn from the sidelines. There was talk in the beginning of the year that maybe Quinn would see the field after the bye week, but that was with Charlie Frye at the QB1 spot, and we really didnt know what DA could do on a regular basis as a starter. There has always been talk here that DA was the better QB, but this organization stuck with Charlie (a little too long imo) and wanted to see what he could do with a decent offensive line. Well, he showed he still couldnt get the job done, and off to seattle he went. DA is learning at the pro level, and has made tremendous strides in his decision making. Coming out of college, he was known for throwing interceptions, because of his strong arm, all he wanted to do was chuck it downfield. The coaching staff has been working with him to make better decisions, dont force it, and throw it away if nothing is there. Now watching that 3rd quarter in pitts with him struggling was rough, they came out flat in that 3rd quarter, and it took most of the 4th quarter to get it going again. It was obvious Pitts made some halftime adjustments to take away the short stuff. But for anyone who has watched him play every week, he has been nothing short of spectacular in making play after play after play. He is a young QB, so I dont blame him if the pressure of the big pitts game got to him, but this game was a huge learning experience for a team that for so many years, has been used to losing. Now they have to learn how to win these big games, and that time will come. Will they trade Quinn in the offseason, no way. Will Quinn see the field this year, most likely not in light of the season the browns are putting together. The decision what to do next year is going to be a tough one, especially if DA continues to play well, and leads them into the playoffs....

Not at Heinz Field it isn't. Since the field opened, nobody has kicked a 52 yard FG.

This was mentioned by the announcers as they showed Phil Dawson warming up for the field goal try.....the extra timeout by crennel hurt the browns on this drive, maybe if he has that extra timeout, they dont spike the ball, wasting a down and get 5 yards closer....

Now they have to learn how to win these big games, and that time will come. Will they trade Quinn in the offseason, no way. Will Quinn see the field this year, most likely not in light of the season the browns are putting together. The decision what to do next year is going to be a tough one, especially if DA continues to play well, and leads them into the playoffs....

Someone makes some sense. Exactly.

This was mentioned by the announcers as they showed Phil Dawson warming up for the field goal try.....the extra timeout by crennel hurt the browns on this drive, maybe if he has that extra timeout, they dont spike the ball, wasting a down and get 5 yards closer....

crennel also got outcoached by tomlin and his coaching staff following the first half. theres a reason why all of a sudden the browns couldnt move the ball or stop the steelers after halftime.

But I thought that the Browns were a top 5 offense....

Did you have traumatizing nightmares of guys dressed up in dog costumes or something? :D

The Browns have always have had some big time talent at WR and TE for a couple years know. It's apparent that Anderson can deliver the ball to them and might have a future as a starting NFL QB. I think that is all anyone is saying (at least that is all I'm saying). It's also neat to watch a team that has struggled for so long, come out of the blue and play some competitive football. I don't really get your issue with it.

Edited by bushwacked

Did you have traumatizing nightmares of guys dressed up in dog costumes or something? :D

The Browns have always have had some big time talent at WR and TE for a couple years know. It's apparent that Anderson can deliver the ball to them and might have a future as a starting NFL QB. I think that is all anyone is saying (at least that is all I'm saying). It's also neat to watch a team that has struggled for so long, come out of the blue and play some competitive football. I don't really get your issue with it.

I don't have an issue with it. The facetiousness of my comment obviously went right over your head.

Honestly, I can't understand what is do unclear about what I am saying.....which is only that it would be monumentally dumb to trade Brady Quinn without taking a look at his performance just because this team has played decently for half a season. That is all. The last comment was made jokingly.