[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this the greatest

theprofessor

IMO, this is the greatest year ever in college football. It is unbelieveable to me the amount of parity this year. There is NO team in the Top 10 that is clearly superior to another team. The upsets to teams in the Top 5 seem to happen every week. I have always been a fan of the "underdog" and watching college football this year has been incredible! There's a possibility that we could have a 2 loss team in the NC game. Crazy!

What has made this season great is that no teams (Hawaii excluded) can really honestly complain they didn't have a legit shot for the BCS NC. It has to be extremely pleasing to the teams of the Big East early in the season since they had several teams actually in position to win it all. Not sure when was the last time we had a non football school like Kansas have a real shot at the NC this late in the season as well.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Well the problem with the BCS still sits there, and that, teams only get a shot if teams ahead of them lose. In other words, pollsters at the beginning of the season, set the tone. It just isn't a good system. Last I checked, when you're 0-0 you've done nothing.

I've been saying that for quite sometime now. Early rankings do take into consideration more than the present year. That's why it should benefit the Big 12 some next season should Kansas and Missouri finish the season strong , It's also imperative for the Big ten to do well in the bowls to. Can't tell me that Ohio State deserved to be ranked #1 over any other undefeated team except for what they have accomplished more so than this season. System isn't perfect, but at the end of the season in most cases it works pretty fair.

Edited by Rockerbraves