[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 WR's next year

Randall

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable that Brandon Marshall is rarely mentioned here. Was anyone watching? The guys the next Stud WR. Top 7 in 2008, for sure!

I thought about adding him and Welker. Both had excellent years. They are both are in the top 12.

1. Moss

2. Edwards

3. Fitzgerald

4. Wayne

5. Owens

6. Marshall

7. Smith

8. Holt

9. Housh

10. Jennings

I wanted to mention Holt, Smith, Jennings and Marshall...

but Smith needs a better QB than even delhomme, Holt's wheels seem to be wearing down...I still have him in my top 15, but Marshall is ahead of him and Jennings and his hammy bother me...

I'll say my top 15 even looks like..

Moss

Owens

Wayne

Edwards

Housh

Fitz

Colston

Plax

AJ

Welker

Marshall

Smith

Holt

Chad

Jennings

I wanted to mention Holt, Smith, Jennings and Marshall...

but Smith needs a better QB than even delhomme, Holt's wheels seem to be wearing down...I still have him in my top 15, but Marshall is ahead of him and Jennings and his hammy bother me...

I'll say my top 15 even looks like..

Moss

Owens

Wayne

Edwards

Housh

Fitz

Colston

Plax

AJ

Welker

Marshall

Smith

Holt

Chad

Jennings

Jennings' hammy bothers you but Andre Johnson is on the list? I quit ranking him as he's more fragile than Freddy.

I also think Marshall this time next year will be a top 3 wr.

Roy is a top 5 talent. Just needs out of Detroit. When his contract expires and he goes to a better situation, we will see his full talent revealed--sort of like AJ this year with a real QB to get him the ball...

I don't think he's anywhere near a top 5 talent. He lacks focus and drops way too many balls. Moss, Owens, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Holt, Wayne, and Edwards are more talented, and those are guys just off the top of my head.

I don't think he's anywhere near a top 5 talent. He lacks focus and drops way too many balls. Moss, Owens, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Holt, Wayne, and Edwards are more talented, and those are guys just off the top of my head.

They are better receivers, no doubt. I'm talking in terms of raw physical talent and the tools to be great. He hasn't even scratched the surface yet as to how good he can be. He has more pure talent than everyone on your list except Moss and Owens. His talent is about equal to Edwards', IMO.

They are better receivers, no doubt. I'm talking in terms of raw physical talent and the tools to be great. He hasn't even scratched the surface yet as to how good he can be. He has more pure talent than everyone on your list except Moss and Owens. His talent is about equal to Edwards', IMO.

At what point is he going to turn that raw physical talent and tools to be great into something? In four years of starting service, he's turned in one 1,000 yard season, never scored more than 8 touchdowns, which he did his first two years and averages to miss a little over 2 games a year. He can't stay healthy, isn't consistent, and drops way too many easy catches. In my opinion, Braylon Edwards physical ability is second only to Moss. I also think that Fitzgerald can do a lot of things that Roy can't do. I'm just through believing the Roy Williams hype.

Roy is a top 5 talent. Just needs out of Detroit. When his contract expires and he goes to a better situation, we will see his full talent revealed--sort of like AJ this year with a real QB to get him the ball...

I think Roy needs to step it up a notch or two. He has the talent, but I wouldn't put him on a top ten list.

Jennings' hammy bothers you but Andre Johnson is on the list? I quit ranking him as he's more fragile than Freddy.

I also think Marshall this time next year will be a top 3 wr.

I think that AJ is a flat out stud when healthy...regardless of who is the QB..

Jennings is great with Favre at the helm...but overall, he's no AJ...

and I think your assessment of Marshall is about spot-on..

I think that AJ is a flat out stud when healthy...regardless of who is the QB..

Jennings is great with Favre at the helm...but overall, he's no AJ...

and I think your assessment of Marshall is about spot-on..

Pure talent Andre Johnson has over Jennings, but that wasn't my point. Andre Johnson has injury issues every year.

Pure talent Andre Johnson has over Jennings, but that wasn't my point. Andre Johnson has injury issues every year.

I put him in my top 10 because he can get it done even coming directly off an injury....

I don't think I need to explain why he's in my top 10...I mean, I put him 9th...and Jennings 15th....is that such a dropoff?...

Edited by Avernus

• 2 weeks later...

1. Randy Moss

2. Reggi Wayne

3. Andre Johson

4. Larry Fitzgerald

5. Terrel Owens

6. Braylon Edwards

7. Chad Johnson

8. Marques Colston

9. Torry Holt

10. Steve Smith

Those are my top 10 WRs i think T.O. will not be so productive this years, and if Harrison comes back look for Wayne to have an even better year then last year and of course you have to keep Moss at the top i mean yes he will come back to earth next year but he is still going to put up numbers as if he is going to stay with the Pats. And Andre Johnson i mean he was hurt and he was still able to put up great numbers look for him to have a healthy year and put up numbers also. And for Steve Smith he should put up numbers if Delhomme comes back healthy

1. Randy Moss

2. Reggi Wayne

3. Andre Johson

4. Larry Fitzgerald

5. Terrel Owens

6. Braylon Edwards

7. Chad Johnson

8. Marques Colston

9. Torry Holt

10. Steve Smith

Those are my top 10 WRs i think T.O. will not be so productive this years, and if Harrison comes back look for Wayne to have an even better year then last year and of course you have to keep Moss at the top i mean yes he will come back to earth next year but he is still going to put up numbers as if he is going to stay with the Pats. And Andre Johnson i mean he was hurt and he was still able to put up great numbers look for him to have a healthy year and put up numbers also. And for Steve Smith he should put up numbers if Delhomme comes back healthy

I would even put Braylon ahead of TO right now...I mean TO is getting up there and Braylon is just coming into his own...

I might even put Braylon 3rd...but most likely 4th...

FWIW, my top-10 next year:

1. moss

2. owens

3. wayne

4. housh

5. a. johnson (he'd have been a monster this year barring innjury)

6. edwards (much will depend on who is tossing the rock)

7. fitzgerald (ditto)

8. smith (assuming he has a QB under 40 throwing him the ball)

9. welker

10. williams (moves down a notch, based on the maturation of Calvin Johnson)

And the next 10::

Burress

Holmes

Hackett

Jennings

C. Johnson

Boldin

Walker

Cotchery

Evans

Henry

there will be some serious fantasy WR corps next year....nice list of #2 WRs, eh?

No Colston in the top 20!! :wacko:

At what point is he going to turn that raw physical talent and tools to be great into something? In four years of starting service, he's turned in one 1,000 yard season, never scored more than 8 touchdowns, which he did his first two years and averages to miss a little over 2 games a year. He can't stay healthy, isn't consistent, and drops way too many easy catches. In my opinion, Braylon Edwards physical ability is second only to Moss. I also think that Fitzgerald can do a lot of things that Roy can't do. I'm just through believing the Roy Williams hype.

+1