[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So who has some square pools for the SB?

rocknrobn26

I have so much interest around here that I had to start a 3rd sheet. I'll have 300 boxes in total sold!! Although I just started the 3rd one so I have a ways to go needing to sell about 90 more boxes at $5.00 a piece. If people here wanted in, I'd be open to the idea. Otherwise, within the next two weeks they'll go for sure. Let me know...

Edited by irish

Bump.

I'd start one myself, but I don't have the time to coordinate the money collection/payout.

As I said, I already have one going and have about 90 boxes left. It's only $5 a box and I thought there might be more interest today when I went back to school but only a few came asking. I guess after selling over 200 boxes in one place, things slowed down. Any way if any of you are interested, let me know...

Payment would have to be sent by check as I don't have a paypal account and don't want one.

Edited by irish

As I said, I already have one going and have about 90 boxes left. It's only $5 a box and I thought there might be more interest today when I went back to school but only a few came asking. I guess after selling over 200 boxes in one place, things slowed down. Any way if any of you are interested, let me know...

Payment would have to be sent by check as I don't have a paypal account and don't want one.

I'm not sure how ethical it is to be selling SB boxes to your students. . .:D

But seriously, I'd buy a few if you still have them. PM me payment address if they're still available.

I'm not sure how ethical it is to be selling SB boxes to your students. . .:D

But seriously, I'd buy a few if you still have them. PM me payment address if they're still available.

I try and tie it into the curriculum as part of the probability and statistics lessons I teach. So Johnny, if you bought 4 boxes out of 100 in my pool, what's the probability of winning any quarter? :D

PM sent.

Edited by irish

DGF set one up http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1275484

And if I was to run one it would be in the same fashion.

We're gonna run a 100 square board for the SB. we've been talk'in about it in wiegie's thread & it looks like we've got enough interest already. the issue was how we can make it fair as well as easy to do.

Here's where we're at -

1.) - we'll take 25 participants, each get's 4 squares. square will be $5 per.

the payouts will be

1st quarter - 3rd quarter - $75 right way, $25 wrong way

End of game - $150 right way, $50 wrong way

now here's the tricky part..... we're gonna use the dice server to create the board & assign you the squares. We'll create a 100 square board & number the squares 1-100...... then assign the "betting numbers" PRIOR to each person getting their respective squares. you'll be able to see what square is 7-0, 4-0, 0-0, 7-7, etc... before people start rolling dice.

then we all roll 4 times and we chronologically list the numbers from lowest to highest.... lowest roll gets square 1 in the upper left hand corner...... highest gets square 100 in the lower right.... and whatever the number are on it.

as we collect the rolls & post them.... we be able to see who's got what numbers & who may be bumped to either a better number or worse.... sounds kinda interesting.... or nerve racking.

OK here's what I'm gonna do for the board..... very simple & everyone can set up their OWN board & track this as it unfolds.

I'm just gonna put the numbers in order 1 thru ZERO on each column & row.

AFC left side - NFC on top. Square 1 will be the upper lefthand corner and will be 1-1.

Square 100 will be in the lower right and will be 0-0. We'll number the squares going from left to right....... top to bottom.

I believe you can set up a "Squares" board on this site free of charge. I have never tried setting one up here. But have used it in the past for NFL Picks games and March Madness. Site works very well for those things.

PoolHost

I use that for our office pool. Never tried the SB squares though. We do have a $20 100 square board and a $10 25 square board at work though. Billy, you should run "downtown" and get on that. :wacko:

I use that for our office pool. Never tried the SB squares though. We do have a $20 100 square board and a $10 25 square board at work though. Billy, you should run "downtown" and get on that. :D

LOL....I have my own 100 square board going on out here in the country :wacko: