[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odds Already Out for Super Bowl XLIII

Riffraff

Quote from ESPN "Their .387 opponents' winning percentage for the 2008 schedule is one of the easiest slates in the modern era. Their division is easy, and they play the AFC West and NFC West." :wacko:

And yet going into 2007, if you were playing the AFC West and NFC West, you wouldn't be so upbeat. What a difference a year makes.

I feel the opposite way.

While I've seen nothing in the KC organization to make me feel like they are on they way to a championship....at least they have a good defense with an offense that could potentially improve fairly dramatically next year.

St. Louis has been doing nothing but regress lately,they have a coach on the hot seat, an atrocious D, an atrocious O-line, an aging QB & WR's......Basically they have Steven Jackson, a beat up Bulger and an aging Torry Holt.

While I've seen nothing in the KC organization to make me feel like they are on they way to a championship....at least they have a good defense with an offense that could potentially improve fairly dramatically next year.

St. Louis has been doing nothing but regress lately,they have a coach on the hot seat, an atrocious D, an atrocious O-line, an aging QB & WR's......Basically they have Steven Jackson, a beat up Bulger and an aging Torry Holt.

Well, I wasn't going to go into the reasons why I feel that way. And I still don't feel like doing it.

So: I think the Rams are closer than the Chiefs and that a 100/1 odds Chiefs bet is still worse than a 75/1 Rams bet on Superbowl stardom.

Well, I wasn't going to go into the reasons why I feel that way. And I still don't feel like doing it.

So: I think the Rams are closer than the Chiefs and that a 100/1 odds Chiefs bet is still worse than a 75/1 Rams bet on Superbowl stardom.

:wacko:

Yes, we are talking about super long shots....I'm just saying why I'm saying.

Who the heck would be stupid enough to bet on Detroit at 60/1? 600/1, yeah, but not 60. :wacko:

Funny, I was going to mention Detroit. Oddsmakers would be smart to set the odds for Detroit at something like 2,500/1. It's guaranteed money for them, and those odds would sucker in some bets, guaranteed. Plus, the real odds of a Lions SB win are more like 1,000,000/1.

ETA: If I had to pick one of the long shots to throw a few bucks on an pray, it would be Carolina at 60/1. It's amazing they were able to finish near .500 with a combination of Matt Moore and Vinny. They seem the most likely team to surprise next year on that list. I wouldn't be surprised to see a deep playoff run from Minnesota either (Runs well + stops the run well = always has a chance).

Edited by MTSuper7