[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cadillac to start year on PUP?

Randall

June 29, 2008, 10:01

Buccaneers :: RB

Bucs RB Williams Likely Headed For PUP List

Anwar S. Richardson, Tampa Tribune -

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers do not need running back Cadillac Williams this season. The Bucs may want to see him play, but do not have to. Earnest Graham returns as the starter, and the Bucs are overjoyed with Michael Bennett's progress and expect him to receive more carries this season. With the addition of Warrick Dunn, who provides speed, versatility and overlooked blocking ability, rushing Williams back this season is unnecessary. Tampa Bay opens training camp in less than a month and Williams is not ready for contact. As a result, Williams likely will begin this season on the physically unable to perform list.

From PFT:

Per a league source, the Bucs are poised to sign Graham to a three-year, $10.5 million extension. It put Graham under contract through 2011.

The deal is not yet finalized, but it is expected to be done soon.

Should be in the ballpark of what Ryan Grant is looking for.

Caddy was a disappointment before he was injured... at this point, I simply wouldn't go anywhere near him. He will be lucky if he can recover enough to get back to the sub-par level that he previously showed us.

Caddy was a disappointment before he was injured... at this point, I simply wouldn't go anywhere near him. He will be lucky if he can recover enough to get back to the sub-par level that he previously showed us.

I thought about picking him over LT in NORRIS if LT had fallen to me, which he didn't....Obviously I'm glad it didn't play out that way.

Bucs signed RB Earnest Graham to a four-year, $11 million contract.

This isn't the contract of a franchise back. Graham's yearly average is only slightly more than Warrick Dunn's and it may be backloaded. It's hard to bet against Graham being the Bucs' lead back this season after how well he played last year, but there are indications that Tampa may use a committee. This doesn't show a huge commitment from the Bucs.

Source: NFL.com

From PFT:

Should be in the ballpark of what Ryan Grant is looking for.

Are you guessing? Or did you read that somewhere?

I'd be willing to bet that Grant is looking for something like $11 million guaranteed -- not over 3 years. He's much younger than Graham, and he also brings a lot more big-play ability to the table.

Bucs signed RB Earnest Graham to a four-year, $11 million contract.

This isn't the contract of a franchise back. Graham's yearly average is only slightly more than Warrick Dunn's and it may be backloaded. It's hard to bet against Graham being the Bucs' lead back this season after how well he played last year, but there are indications that Tampa may use a committee. This doesn't show a huge commitment from the Bucs.

Source: NFL.com

True enough. I guess pirate was right on this one.

Are you guessing? Or did you read that somewhere?

I'd be willing to bet that Grant is looking for something like $11 million guaranteed -- not over 3 years. He's much younger than Graham, and he also brings a lot more big-play ability to the table.

I probably should have said that it's in the ballpark of what Grant will end up with. If he gets more, good for him, but he doesn't have a ton of leverage and he did almost fumble away the playoffs before he went off for 200 yards.

At least Grant seems to be doing it the right way by still showing up to minicamp for workouts.

Edited by budlitebrad

Sav, I could let him go to you on the cheap in PNH.