[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles rookies riding wild on Pats

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason John Clayton is incredibly high on the Eagles this year. I can't really figure out why. Sure they have some proven veterans, but aren't there still major questions on defense and WR?

For some reason John Clayton is incredibly high on the Eagles this year. I can't really figure out why. Sure they have some proven veterans, but aren't there still major questions on defense and WR?

I miss Sean Salisbury ripping on John every day. **Sigh** Now there is nobody to shut the nerd up.

Pats getting embarrased here....Demps with a KO return, 4 plays later, Deshaun with a punt return. Speed kills.

Homerism aside, the Eagles look absolutely outstanding in all aspects tonight. If Dawkins is OK, tonight is a pretty good pringboard into the season.

damn those boys are fast :D:wacko:

Didn't the Raiders go 5-0 in pre-season a couple of years ago.

Thank god you showed up with a dose of reality. :wacko:

Cool off all those claims that the Eagles will win the Superbowl. :D

Edited by Zooty

Here is a photo that confirms the Eagles dominance............. :D

Lemme guess without even clicking....the used-up empty trophy-case yet AGAIN... :wacko:

Shouldn't you be trolling you local pools for 16-year olds?

EDIT: curiosity killed me, I had to click it....I mean, no one could be that shallow in their imagination to continue to post the same used-up pic over and over, could they?

Er, never mind, your link answered my question.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Lemme guess without even clicking....the used-up empty trophy-case yet AGAIN... :wacko:

Well, you obviously DID click on it. I usually do an empty trophy room, but, this time, I used the trophy case............ :D

EDIT: curiosity killed me, I had to click it....I mean, no one could be that shallow in their imagination to continue to post the same used-up pic over and over, could they?

:Beetlejuice: "...and it keeps getting funnier every time I see it !!!!!!!!!!!" :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

they added DL depth in Clemons, and Samuel to the CB positon which may have created the best secondary in football (certainly, one of the top 3).

At WR, last night is a snapshot of how this offense is supposed to work, and what has made them successful for many years: 1st half, 7 different receivers.

the Eagles spent the 1st half of last season with an immobile QB coming of major reconstructive knee surgery. The final 8 games of the season, when he was fully healthy, they went 6-2 with wins at Dallas and at New Orleans in huge games for them, and narrow losses to the Pats (in NE) and the Giants (Akers hit the upright from 52 yards on a game-winning FG). They gelled exceptionally down the stretch, and missed the playoffs by one game, finishing 8-8.

As with any team, injuries will be the deciding factor.

I see them very similar to SD this year. Both have stud RBs, both have very capable QBs, both have marginal talent at WR that is used effectively anyway, both have former Pro Bowl TEs, and both have Top 10 defenses.

Well, I guess the question of whether the Pats' success is due to Brady or Belicek is being answered. NE is nothing more than a mediocre team at best without Tom Terrific.

While I will agree that the O needs him, and needs him badly, the D is different. They have run the most vanilla D's so far this pre-season, with last night's couple of third down blitzes being the first in three games. They also don't gameplan for pre-season games at all. They look at zero film and put zero effort into stopping specific aspects of the opponents offenses. What they use the pre-season for on D is player evaluations and making sure they're where they are supposed to be when they're supposed to be there. All said, this team could still be a playoff team in that didvision with an average QB and a gameplanning D, imo. Unfortunatley, the current back-up Qb is well below average.

But trust me, I pray we never have to find out if I'm right or not.

Agree. Pathetic. Aren't the Pirates on TV losing another game or something.

Pretty crappy photoshop btw but I'm just impressed that someone from Pittsburgh Lebanon knows how to work a computer

While I will agree that the O needs him, and needs him badly, the D is different. They have run the most vanilla D's so far this pre-season, with last night's couple of third down blitzes being the first in three games. They also don't gameplan for pre-season games at all. They look at zero film and put zero effort into stopping specific aspects of the opponents offenses. What they use the pre-season for on D is player evaluations and making sure they're where they are supposed to be when they're supposed to be there. All said, this team could still be a playoff team in that didvision with an average QB and a gameplanning D, imo. Unfortunatley, the current back-up Qb is well below average.

But trust me, I pray we never have to find out if I'm right or not.

i gotta say...ive been high on desean jackson for a good month now...too bad the cat is really getting let out of the bag with this guy....cause hes going to get bumped up..i was hoping to land him late....i figured with curtis out theyd still keep this kid in the slot....but he was out there in the 1 spot....and making catches

as for the pats..id really love to see matt gutierrez get the next start....he looked real strong in the pocket...took some good shots and still delivered the ball...and u can see he actually moves with the rush....guy puts great touch on his passes....i dunno how matt cassel makes this team

Wasn't at the game, but have watched all three games so far. Cassell is brutal. 15 posessions and no TD drives lead for him yet. My prediction: Matt Cassell does not make this team. Gutierrez goes in as the number two unless a veteran gets cut that will come cheap, and O'Connell is put on the PS.

If Gut just doesn't throw three picks in the last game, it's his job, imo.

I miss Sean Salisbury ripping on John every day. **Sigh** Now there is nobody to shut the nerd up.

There's this new fangled item called the mute button. :wacko: Or channel selector.

As a late pick I hope LJ Smith has a good season.