[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts before Sunday

Patriots

I wanted to post this before the Pats/Jets game. It sucks that TB is out for the year, but this is the first time in a long time where I am actaully going to sit down to watch a Pats game and think "I wonder if they have a chance at winning".

Before it was just a question about by how many points. Its kind of exciting. I am sure I will be singing a different tune on Monday if the Matt Cassell experiment does not work.

BTW - I am pumped for the Monday night game. I wish they could all be like that.

I wanted to post this before the Pats/Jets game. It sucks that TB is out for the year, but this is the first time in a long time where I am actaully going to sit down to watch a Pats game and think "I wonder if they have a chance at winning".

Before it was just a question about by how many points. Its kind of exciting. I am sure I will be singing a different tune on Monday if the Matt Cassell experiment does not work.

BTW - I am pumped for the Monday night game. I wish they could all be like that.

im not gonna lie my man...i love my team and i love going to home games....but i know what yer tryin to say here....ive been having a hard time really getting excited about sundays unless its a playoff game or were matched up with the chargers, colts, steelers, or cowboys....same with going to home games even though the ride is only about an hour and twenty minutes...ive been giving them away to friends and relatives more frequently....

im pretty excited to see how they respond with a week of preparation....i really think the players, much like myself in the stands sunday, were expecting tom to walk back out there at some point....i can probably handle a loss...as long as i see them fighting and cassel shows some ability to handle his job....i dont expect him to have a full grasp of things right away...but ill tell you what...im a bit giddy with anticipation

As a Lions fan, its the same thing for me, but opposite. The Lions always come up with new and exciting ways to blow a game. Be it a botched extra point snap, taking the wind or Germane Crowell staying in bounds, they never fail to disappoint.

I remember back in 2000 when cbssportsline told me I should draft Germane Crowell instead of Randy Moss, good times.

Edited by gsmayes

As a Lions fan, its the same thing for me, but opposite. The Lions always some up with new and exciting ways to blow a game. Be it a botched extra point snap, taking the wind or Germane Crowell staying in bounds, they never fail to disappoint.

I remember back in 2000 when cbssportsline told me I should draft Germane Crowell instead of Randy Moss, good times.

well hell....crowell had quite a year in 99...and he was a pretty big guy....lolol

anytime i hear crowells name it makes me think of patrick jeffers too

So you guys are happy that you're going to suck? If that works for you, just become Vikings fans.

That's funny.

I do think that Brad Childress may be more than you Minnesotans can bare. Between losing the North Stars, Detroit stealing the moniker "Hockeytown", the Twins almost getting contracted, the constant national slurping on Favre, and the Timberwolves; someone's going to snap and take him out. I mean, gez, all you guys got is Fran Tarkington and Kirby Puckett.

We all know that Bellicheat is a fantastic coach. However now we will finally see what kind of coach he truly is.

I'm excited for the game this weekend, and outside of the Dallas/Philly game, this has the making to be the game of the week! Mangini has a QB and somewhat of an offense, and the Pats are trying to put a bandaid on their offense (and their season for that matter).

I'm a Colts fan so it's not a mystery of how I feel about the Pats. They're a great team, and now that they have some severe adversity, I'm excited for them - not cause they may lose a few games, but to see a team take one of the worst hits possible to start the season which really levels out the playing field, but high hopes that they can still find a way to win their division.

Regardless, good luck with your team and although the chances of it happening are pretty slim (and there's a full season of football to play), I would love to see ANOTHER Pats/Colts AFC title game.

Sorry to hear that you were bored with the Pats being so good and all. Was the superbowl fun?

Sorry to hear that you were bored with the Pats being so good and all. Was the superbowl fun?

You took my post out of context. I am a season ticket holder and yes it did get boring last year when the game would be over after the first half. And yes the SB was fun. The day after was not. :wacko:

So you guys are happy that you're going to suck? If that works for you, just become Vikings fans.

FWIW, I expect AP and the Vikes' O-line to destroy the Colts D (especially with Ed Johnson's arrest/benching) on Sunday. I don't like Indy's chances against the Vikes run D, either. I'm starting Edgerrin in place of Addai this weekend.

Edited by Bill Swerski

FWIW, I expect AP and the Vikes' O-line to destroy the Colts D (especially with Ed Johnson's arrest/benching) on Sunday. I don't like Indy's chances against the Vikes run D, either. I'm starting Edgerrin in place of Addai this weekend.

A week of practice will be enough for Manning to torch the Vikes secondary though. Somebody's gonna be 0-2 and that's gonna leave a mark.

You took my post out of context. I am a season ticket holder and yes it did get boring last year when the game would be over after the first half. And yes the SB was fun. The day after was not. :wacko:

I understood what you were saying. 10 minutes in the game was really over. Like the original Dream Team winning every game early. No real competition.

Regardless, good luck with your team and although the chances of it happening are pretty slim (and there's a full season of football to play), I would love to see ANOTHER Pats/Colts AFC title game.

So which of those teams do you see as the more longshot to be in that game for in not to happen?

For what it's worth, I stayed away from Addai in all of my leagues this year.

im not gonna lie my man...i love my team and i love going to home games....but i know what yer tryin to say here....ive been having a hard time really getting excited about sundays unless its a playoff game or were matched up with the chargers, colts, steelers, or cowboys....same with going to home games even though the ride is only about an hour and twenty minutes...ive been giving them away to friends and relatives more frequently....

im pretty excited to see how they respond with a week of preparation....i really think the players, much like myself in the stands sunday, were expecting tom to walk back out there at some point....i can probably handle a loss...as long as i see them fighting and cassel shows some ability to handle his job....i dont expect him to have a full grasp of things right away...but ill tell you what...im a bit giddy with anticipation

have you registered "forever in debt to bernard pollard" yet?