[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bernard Berrian

Swashbucklers

Not his fault, his QB is not an NFL caliber QB...better just hope that Ferotte gets in and Berrian gets a chance to catch a pass thrown to him

Hey now, I played Brandon Lloyd today and got 5 catches for 66 yards for a nifty 11.6 in a PPR league. Oh wait - he replaced Berrian in Chicago. Nevermind...

Edited by westvirginia

Played. Highlight of his day when he almost had a PI penalty called on the DB on a deep route.

One of the worst non-calls I've seen in a while by the way. :wacko:

Make no mistake... this [the lack of production by Berrian et al] is 90% the fault of Brad Childress. His offense is poorly designed. It really only has three aspects to it...

1) Run Adrian Peterson - ok, this part works well.

2) Short lame passes on routes that are designed to be run 3 to 5 yards shy of the 1st down marker - sure they can execute these plays, but why bother? The end result is a punt, or at best a Field Goal.

3) Long bombs - Tarvaris isn't accurate enough to make these throws, and the Vike's WR's can't get enough separation to make an adjustment to try to catch a long ball that is not dead on accurate.

Make no mistake... this [the lack of production by Berrian et al] is 90% the fault of Brad Childress. His offense is poorly designed. It really only has three aspects to it...

2) Short lame passes on routes that are designed to be run 3 to 5 yards shy of the 1st down marker - sure they can execute these plays, but why bother? The end result is a punt, or at best a Field Goal.

3) Long bombs - Tarvaris isn't accurate enough to make these throws, and the Vike's WR's can't get enough separation to make an adjustment to try to catch a long ball that is not dead on accurate.

SB is right on! The play calling is horrid! The announcer called the 3rd down play before we punted at the end of the game before we ran it. And then he made the best analysis of the day, "Well if I knew they were running the roll out you can bet Dungy and the Colts knew also."

MN punt

Manning Completion

Vinny Kick

Mn 0-2

But some people still think it is ALL on T jack. Now he gets his share and it is significant but cmon they don't give him a chance to suceed with this offense. WIthout AD this would be the worst offense in the league!

+1,000,000,000

Perfect analysis - and it doesn't matter what warm body they put in for an OC, it will still be the same, boring, mundane offensive design by Childress.

Viking brass needs to dial 1-800-BILL-COWHER. Pay him whatever he wants. It's his type of football team, smash mouth rushing game, solid O-line, strong rush defense. That guy could make the Vikes a legitimate Super Bowl contender within a season.

It actually moves a little when I think about this. :wacko:

Viking brass needs to dial 1-800-BILL-COWHER. Pay him whatever he wants. It's his type of football team, smash mouth rushing game, solid O-line, strong rush defense. That guy could make the Vikes a legitimate Super Bowl contender within a season.

Horrible idea. Would be a huge mistake.

Then again - that is coming from a Packer fan. Keep the current regime. :wacko:

Whether it's his fault or not, that doesn't change the fact that he's no putting up squat if you've got him on your FF roster. Do any of you Vikes martyrs, I mean homers, have any reason to believe this will change soon enough to warrant him taking up a spot on my bench.

I learned last night that there's no need to hold on to Mendenhall when I saw he looks like the 3rd stringer now. Wondering if it's time to cut bait with Berrian as well.

There's still talent on the WW.

Whether it's his fault or not, that doesn't change the fact that he's no putting up squat if you've got him on your FF roster. Do any of you Vikes martyrs, I mean homers, have any reason to believe this will change soon enough to warrant him taking up a spot on my bench.

I learned last night that there's no need to hold on to Mendenhall when I saw he looks like the 3rd stringer now. Wondering if it's time to cut bait with Berrian as well.

He is going on the WW this week because I am dropping his ass.

Well, if Frerotte takes over they might change the play calling as well, and if that happens, Berrian's value might increase dramatically. If nothing changes, Berrian and every other Viking WR will be useless from a fantasy perspective.

As a vikes homer, I am dropping him also.

In this system they just have Rec or back do one thing, AD never catches a pass out of the back field he is a running only back. BB only runds deep patterns. Wade only runs the short routes and Rice only is looked for on the fade or back of EZ plays. Either Childress is the biggest idiot in designing this offense or he is so conceited that he thinks no one will figure out that Adrian will run the ball and Berian will "surprise" somebody on a deep route. On the TD pass to Rice in Week one, he ran a simple drag across the middle with Berian running the deep post. RIce was soooo wide open he showboated into the end zone. You could almost see the Packer coaches going "that's not where he runs routes!"

We Lions fans saw the exact same bullhonkey with Mariucci. 1st down: fullback in, run up the middle. Everyone expects it, no more than two yards. 2nd down: FB out, 3rd WR or 2nd TE in, everyone runs 3-yard curls/stops. Incomplete, or complete for three yards. 3rd down: ridiculously predictable draw, screen, or again with the 'four options all running three-yard routes' play. 4th down: punt.

Lather.

Rinse.

Repeat for three years.

Peace

policy