[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon Edwards Owners

MrTed46

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Cleveland coming off a bye and playing at home, and with NY having demolished Seattle last week I see this as a potential trap game. I'm starting Braylon although with some trepidation.

Cleveland came to play. Braylon's back. I counted 7 targets for 6 receptions and the obligatory drop.

Wow, welcome back to the team Braylon. Hell, considering that Jamal Lewis fell to me later that I thought he should, I have both and was happy to see signs of life out of him as well.

My team looks a whole lot better now than it did last week.

Wow, welcome back to the team Braylon. Hell, considering that Jamal Lewis fell to me later that I thought he should, I have both and was happy to see signs of life out of him as well.

My team looks a whole lot better now than it did last week.

more-so this season than any other it seems every week has it's own identity...

more-so this season than any other it seems every week has it's own identity...

Well, I honestly didn't need Braylon all that badly since I benched him in favor of R Wayne, B Marshall, and Roddy White and had Berrian and Coles along with him on the bench. It's just my RBs that are pretty anemic. I have LT, J Lewis, J Stewart, and F Jones. Now Jones is hurt and Stewart is simply not doing much. I needed to be able to start Lewis with some degree of confidence.

Of course, now that Braylon has shown signs of life, I might try to put a trade together and get another back.

And yes, this is an 8 team league.

1.1 LT

2.8 Wayne

3.1 Edwards

4.8 Brees

5.1 J Lewis

6.8 B Marshall (early draft so it still looked like a 3-4 week suspension)

7.1 J Stewart

Edited by detlef

Well, I honestly didn't need Braylon all that badly since I benched him in favor of R Wayne, B Marshall, and Roddy White and had Berrian and Coles along with him on the bench. It's just my RBs that are pretty anemic. I have LT, J Lewis, J Stewart, and F Jones. Now Jones is hurt and Stewart is simply not doing much. I needed to be able to start Lewis with some degree of confidence.

Of course, now that Braylon has shown signs of life, I might try to put a trade together and get another back.

And yes, this is an 8 team league.

1.1 LT

2.8 Wayne

3.1 Edwards

4.8 Brees

5.1 J Lewis

6.8 B Marshall (early draft so it still looked like a 3-4 week suspension)

7.1 J Stewart

ahaha at least you're in position to trade a few WR's for a good RB...

unless other owners are blocking you from doing this....

and I've been burned by Stewart as well, but luckily I've had other players to pick up the slack....

He's still riding the pine for me.

I'm not convinced he's back.

I'm convinced (enough). Two weeks in a row with TD and Anderson looked sharp. He will start for me next week but I have WR2-3 expectations..I should add R White is on bye so that helps my decision.

He's still riding the pine for me.

I'm not convinced he's back.

I can see your point.

I'm convinced (enough). Two weeks in a row with TD and Anderson looked sharp. He will start for me next week but I have WR2-3 expectations..I should add R White is on bye so that helps my decision.

But like Ted, have Roddy White on the bye this week. I have other options but will have to see who's playing who.

I can see your point.

But like Ted, have Roddy White on the bye this week. I have other options but will have to see who's playing who.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to be back. I've got a string of one game wonders right now in this league and it's always a crap shoot on who's going to go off each week (Edwards, Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, Kevin Walter, Dwayne Bowe)

Well, enjoy it fellas. Now comes all defenses focusing on keeping him down. He'll get his looks and some decent numbers but a breakout on MNF means the focus is now BACK on the Brownies passing game. He's got a few stingy defenses to go against in the coming weeks.

Well, enjoy it fellas. Now comes all defenses focusing on keeping him down. He'll get his looks and some decent numbers but a breakout on MNF means the focus is now BACK on the Brownies passing game. He's got a few stingy defenses to go against in the coming weeks.

You're right..16 TDs last season and NOW defenses are trying to lock him down. A good WR will find a way to get his #s even when the defense is trying to lock him down. Besides, you can't ignore Jamal Lewis and Winslow (not to mention the speedy Stallworth).

I am not optimistic of him becoming a stud after 1 game but that whole thing about defense locking him down is not the way to think. If anyone is going to prevent Edwards its Edwards and/or Anderson.

Damn that MNF! If only he'd put up those numbers in a blacked out game at Oakland. Then the massive staff of guys who's job is to pour over film and help create defensive schemes wouldn't have known he was good. :wacko:

I liked after making his TD catch he held it there on one knee for an extra second as if suprised he actually caught it.

I am convinced he is back. My golden rule is only play guys that have a solid OLine. The Browns had a fully healthy bunch for the first time in a while and it showed, no pass rush from the Giants all night. Play the guy while Stallworth is healthy, we all know how quickly that can change.

Hope you guys started him

I did not as I played Steve Breaton in his place this weekend. Breaton had a very nice game too, so I am not upset about benching him for this weekend. I am just glad that it looks like I may get some value for him after suffering a miserable first month. I also have Derek Anderson so I am quite happy to see the resurgence of the Browns offense as I will get some much needed depth at both QB and WR. :wacko: