[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys vs. Cardnals

Cowboyz1

The more I look at this game the more I am seeing a great game in the making. Breaking down this game I see some serious matchup issues.

Romo vs. Warner

Romo is very good at taking what the D gives and then some. I don't see the Dansby or Okefor being able to cover Witten down the seem and with Wilson banged up the matchup there is advantage Witten. Berry is also limited so the pass rush is going to get stuffed so I see Romo having time to throw and picking apart the cards secondary. Warner however, is on his game. He knows where to go with the ball and with the Cowboys secondary playing off as much as they do there will be open recievers and Warner is a very good stick passer. In looking at our secondary I see a lot of youth and very little continuity. That worries me and has all year. They just haven't played together long enough to gel and just seem to not be in the places they are expected to be down in and down out. There are a lot of holes in the secondary that the cards can exploit. Mike Jenkins and Scandrick will have to have there A games in this one. This is the first time this year Warner will be facing a good 3-4 defense with very active front. I don't think they will be able to handle the pressure packages we have and makes a few mistakes as a result. Ware and Ellis off the edges and Ratliff up the miiddle will be key and I think they bring as much pressure as the Giants two weeks ago.

Bottom Line- I give the edge to Romo because he will have far more time then Warner will. I don't see ARZ getting even close to Romo while Warner will feel the heat.

Barber vs. ARZ and Hightower/Edge vs. Dallas

Arizona's run D is not that stout, where as Dallas is very difficult to run on, especially if you don't commit to it which I don't see ARZ doing in this one. They believe they will win on Warners arm. I think the Dallas O line will overpower the ARZ front and wear it down in the end. There entire front is under 300 pounds and the Cowboys O line is just going to push them all over the field. I could see Barber and Felix having the best rushing game of the year so far with over 200 yards. Which will keep Warner on the bench. If the Cowboys stick to pounding the ball this game will be controlled by the Cowboys with multiple 10 or more play drives and a large advantage in time of possesion. I just don't see ARZ holding up in the trenches.

Bottom line= I give a very big edge to the Cowboys lines in this one. They are bigger and more powerful then the ARZ linemen. They couldn't handle the Giants front and won't handle Dallas's exotic 3-4 either.

Special Teams is going to play a key role in this one. Dallas needs to make ARZ earn all points and yardage on Offense only. They have been spotty as of late and better sure it up. Letting Warner have short fields is surely dangerous. Felix Jones can make a difference every time he touches the ball so the Cards better be ready.

How the Cardnals win-

Protect Kurt Warner. If he has time he will do damage. I still think he get his in this game but given time he can really do damage. I think the pressure rather then coverage dictates what kind of game this will be.

Limit the Cowboys running game early and hope they get away from it. I have seen the Cowboys forget they have arguably the best one two punch in the league with Felix averaging 9+ yards a carry and scoring in 4 of 5 games while Barber quietly pounds out his. ARZ can win an Air show but can't win a ball control grind it out game.

Capitalize on every mistake the Cowboys make. Romo is prone to give the ball away at least once a game and ARZ must get 7 when he does. That could be all the difference.

How the Cowboys win-

Pound the ball with Barber and Felix. Control the ball on long drives and force Warner to be impatient. Warner is prone to more mistakes if he feels he will have limited opportunities to strike. The Cowboys are far more powerful in the trenches and should be able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Romo protect the ball. The only way the Cardnals win is if Romo gives the ball away. Otherwise I see the Cowboys scoring on almost every time they have the ball.

Go deep with T.O. and Miles. Keep the safties worried and on thier heals. So long as ARZ plays with 7 in the box the Cowboys will over power that lineup.

This game should be very good and will come down to who can run the ball more effectively. Who ever wins the TOP in this game will win and I bellieve the Cowboys are stronger in the trenches so I predict Cowboys 27 Cards 21.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to put the 401K (what's left of it, anyway) on the OVER. . . .

You mean that account that just got cut in half? Mine, too. If my kid's college account goes south any more he won't even be able to afford books, let alone tuition. Thank goodness he is only 3 and has a little time for a rebound.

You mean that account that just got cut in half? Mine, too. If my kid's college account goes south any more he won't even be able to afford books, let alone tuition. Thank goodness he is only 3 and has a little time for a rebound.

And you would need to open another account for your newborn.

:D Any Cowchips want a sig bet.......You'd be gettin something like this for a week :wacko:

http://www.pkeipshype.com/2008/08/former-a...mitt-smith.html

:D .....Braaaaawk

T-boner - X = :D

General Itals - X= :D

Gunther- X= :smash:

Cowboyz 1- X = :D MIA

and the Cheerleaders are a buch of Trannys :D

:pokey:

Edited by nuke'em ttg

If the Cowboys approach this like a playoff game...well you know the result.

It must be sad to come into each Cowboy thread with this line knowing we sleepwalked to a win at Lambeau after years and years of you calling out Dallas to try and win there :wacko:

The more I look at this game the more I am seeing a great game in the making. Breaking down this game I see some serious matchup issues.

Romo vs. Warner

Romo is very good at taking what the D gives and then some. I don't see the Dansby or Okefor being able to cover Witten down the seem and with Wilson banged up the matchup there is advantage Witten. Berry is also limited so the pass rush is going to get stuffed so I see Romo having time to throw and picking apart the cards secondary. Warner however, is on his game. He knows where to go with the ball and with the Cowboys secondary playing off as much as they do there will be open recievers and Warner is a very good stick passer. In looking at our secondary I see a lot of youth and very little continuity. That worries me and has all year. They just haven't played together long enough to gel and just seem to not be in the places they are expected to be down in and down out. There are a lot of holes in the secondary that the cards can exploit. Mike Jenkins and Scandrick will have to have there A games in this one. This is the first time this year Warner will be facing a good 3-4 defense with very active front. I don't think they will be able to handle the pressure packages we have and makes a few mistakes as a result. Ware and Ellis off the edges and Ratliff up the miiddle will be key and I think they bring as much pressure as the Giants two weeks ago.

Bottom Line- I give the edge to Romo because he will have far more time then Warner will. I don't see ARZ getting even close to Romo while Warner will feel the heat.

Barber vs. ARZ and Hightower/Edge vs. Dallas

Arizona's run D is not that stout, where as Dallas is very difficult to run on, especially if you don't commit to it which I don't see ARZ doing in this one. They believe they will win on Warners arm. I think the Dallas O line will overpower the ARZ front and wear it down in the end. There entire front is under 300 pounds and the Cowboys O line is just going to push them all over the field. I could see Barber and Felix having the best rushing game of the year so far with over 200 yards. Which will keep Warner on the bench. If the Cowboys stick to pounding the ball this game will be controlled by the Cowboys with multiple 10 or more play drives and a large advantage in time of possesion. I just don't see ARZ holding up in the trenches.

Bottom line= I give a very big edge to the Cowboys lines in this one. They are bigger and more powerful then the ARZ linemen. They couldn't handle the Giants front and won't handle Dallas's exotic 3-4 either.

Special Teams is going to play a key role in this one. Dallas needs to make ARZ earn all points and yardage on Offense only. They have been spotty as of late and better sure it up. Letting Warner have short fields is surely dangerous. Felix Jones can make a difference every time he touches the ball so the Cards better be ready.

How the Cardnals win-

Protect Kurt Warner. If he has time he will do damage. I still think he get his in this game but given time he can really do damage. I think the pressure rather then coverage dictates what kind of game this will be.

Limit the Cowboys running game early and hope they get away from it. I have seen the Cowboys forget they have arguably the best one two punch in the league with Felix averaging 9+ yards a carry and scoring in 4 of 5 games while Barber quietly pounds out his. ARZ can win an Air show but can't win a ball control grind it out game.

Capitalize on every mistake the Cowboys make. Romo is prone to give the ball away at least once a game and ARZ must get 7 when he does. That could be all the difference.

How the Cowboys win-

Pound the ball with Barber and Felix. Control the ball on long drives and force Warner to be impatient. Warner is prone to more mistakes if he feels he will have limited opportunities to strike. The Cowboys are far more powerful in the trenches and should be able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Romo protect the ball. The only way the Cardnals win is if Romo gives the ball away. Otherwise I see the Cowboys scoring on almost every time they have the ball.

Go deep with T.O. and Miles. Keep the safties worried and on thier heals. So long as ARZ plays with 7 in the box the Cowboys will over power that lineup.

This game should be very good and will come down to who can run the ball more effectively. Who ever wins the TOP in this game will win and I bellieve the Cowboys are stronger in the trenches so I predict Cowboys 27 Cards 21.

:wacko: Great Take.....I think the Cards key is LaBoy gettin ta Romo ....hopefully Wilson can layout Witten before the Hammy locks up and Warner goes with the quick release and not panic