[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush Out for Season

dino88

from Rotoworld:

Saints placed RB Reggie Bush (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Bush consulted with Dr. James Andrews about his Week 15 setback and apparently got bad news. We wonder if the Saints are fully on board with the decision, and whether the weak finish to the season will cause friction between the two sides. Bush started the season very well as a PPR option, although he failed to top four yards-per-carry or 150 carries for the third straight year. Bush finishes with 844 yards from scrimmage and nine all-purpose TDs. He will remain a borderline RB1 choice in PPR leagues next year, but will again play in a committee, assuming the Saints don't trade him. Thomas remains his likely partner and will close out the season as the starter.

....so for any PT owners questioning his worth, this should answer it

as long as Brees lights up DET this week I don't care how PT does.

What makes you think Brees will need to throw on the Lions? Don't QBs rack up points mostly in games where they need to keep up?

You better hope the 1st two Saints TDs are from Brees, because once they are up, it will be all ground-work for PT.

What makes you think Brees will need to throw on the Lions? Don't QBs rack up points mostly in games where they need to keep up?

You better hope the 1st two Saints TDs are from Brees, because once they are up, it will be all ground-work for PT.

The Kitties played the Colts tough last week. The Saints can't really stop anyone on defense, so figure the Lions will put forth a HUGH effort this week as this will likely be their last chance at a win with a trip to Lambeau scheduled for Week 17.

I'd start all my Saints this week. Heck, I'd even start some Lions (namely Smith and Johnson).

I'd start all my Saints this week. Heck, I'd even start some Lions (namely Smith and Johnson).

Oh, I don't think there's any question you start all your Saints. I just don't think Brees is in for the "huge" week some might be hoping for. 275/2TDs sounds about right. Solid day, but not a blow-up week just because its the winless Lions.

Some interesting stats, per DMD: "He has never had more than two touchdowns away from New Orleans and only twice had more than 300 yards (though both were actually 400 yarders in Denver and Atlanta)."

In both those games, the Saints were playing from behind. I don't see that here versus the Lions...and I really don't think payton will pile-on the winless Lions. 31-10 sounds right, with two passing scores for Brees. A solid but unspectacular day for Brees is in the making.

Some interesting stats, per DMD: "He has never had more than two touchdowns away from New Orleans and only twice had more than 300 yards (though both were actually 400 yarders in Denver and Atlanta)."

In both those games, the Saints were playing from behind. I don't see that here versus the Lions...and I really don't think payton will pile-on the winless Lions. 31-10 sounds right, with two passing scores for Brees. A solid but unspectacular day for Brees is in the making.

Really. That is a surprise.

Maybe he can be convinced Detroit is actually New Orleans. :wacko:

Here's my thoughts on Brees (hopes really, being a Brees owner):

The Saints are out of the playoffs, so the only thing going for the team is Brees setting the record. They will want to get Brees a good amount of yards this week, so that their final home game of the season has some meaning. Even with PT starting he has been scoring with the screen passes near the endzone.

I see Brees getting AT LEAST 300yds/2tds

i_am_the_swammi....I think you are putting way too much stock in the factor of this being an away game. Do you really think that the stadium in Detroit will be intimidating. Are there even fans at the games any more? I don't think the crowd will be a factor. And they play in a dome. Sounds like a home game to me.

Edited by dino88

i_am_the_swammi....I think you are putting way too much stock in the factor of this being an away game. Do you really think that the stadium in Detroit will be intimidating. Are there even fans at the games any more? I don't think the crowd will be a factor. And they play in a dome. Sounds like a home game to me.

I am putting more stock intot he fact that the Saints should move the ball at-will over the Lions, and likely be up by double-digits early into the 2nd half. sean Payton strikes me as a classy coach...one that would not kick a defensless animal when its down (like, for instance, a Lion). I think he calls off the dogs early, and it becomes a running game for much of the 2nd half.

like I said earlier, I think Brees will throw early as he usually does to get them a lead...and then it will be PTs show after that. 275/2TDs isn't a bad game...or were you expecting 400 yards/4 TDs from Brees? Why on earth would they need to throw that much?

FWIW...I do think the crowd will be into the game as long as the Lions are in the game. They know whats at stake. Even if its only 70-80% full.

I am putting more stock intot he fact that the Saints should move the ball at-will over the Lions, and likely be up by double-digits early into the 2nd half. sean Payton strikes me as a classy coach...one that would not kick a defensless animal when its down (like, for instance, a Lion). I think he calls off the dogs early, and it becomes a running game for much of the 2nd half.

like I said earlier, I think Brees will throw early as he usually does to get them a lead...and then it will be PTs show after that. 275/2TDs isn't a bad game...or were you expecting 400 yards/4 TDs from Brees? Why on earth would they need to throw that much?

FWIW...I do think the crowd will be into the game as long as the Lions are in the game. They know whats at stake. Even if its only 70-80% full.

That all makes 100% sense... I was actually thinking more of a 250-260 yard, 2-TD effort from Brees.

from Rotoworld:

Saints placed RB Reggie Bush (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.

Bush consulted with Dr. James Andrews about his Week 15 setback and apparently got bad news. We wonder if the Saints are fully on board with the decision, and whether the weak finish to the season will cause friction between the two sides. Bush started the season very well as a PPR option, although he failed to top four yards-per-carry or 150 carries for the third straight year. Bush finishes with 844 yards from scrimmage and nine all-purpose TDs. He will remain a borderline RB1 choice in PPR leagues next year, but will again play in a committee, assuming the Saints don't trade him. Thomas remains his likely partner and will close out the season as the starter.

....so for any PT owners questioning his worth, this should answer it

He should be in the fitting room after this game so he can wear his red jacket on Tuesday.

I see this game as a shootout. Vegas has the line at O/U 50 points, highest of any game this weekend. Brees+Pierre combo could put up 5 td's as DMD predicted unless the NO Defense gets a return TD

Pretty much the way i see it as well. The Saints can't stop the pass & the Lions can't stop anything. This will be a high scoring game & I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Saints end up letting the Lions have their win.

Pretty much the way i see it as well. The Saints can't stop the pass & the Lions can't stop anything. ....

+1

I think DET will be in this game more than people think forcing Payton to keep Brees and PT going for all 4 quarters. Keep in mind DET played the Colts in Indy to a 21-21 tie until 8:43 in the 4th quarter.

Manning managed 318/1.

Rhodes/Simpson had 139/3.

There will be plenty to go around. As far as letting the Lions win is another matter. I'd imagine the Saints, or any team, would be motivated to not let the Lions have their only win against them.

Edited by kingfish247

I would have to say...Brees has been BETTER then manning this year so i would be expecting more from Brees if needed. Also, Brees has been bad on the road...mostly because of playing OUTSIDE and look at the opponents they PLAYED in those situations. I see this as a NO home game mostly with their defense being more leinant due to actually being in another stadium.

O yeah...VIVA LA FRANCE (2 league superbowls with Pierre)

Edited by LayLow

Big + 1

i actually believe Brees will have numbers less than normal as i can see Saintys running more especially if they are up big