[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon for Giants 1st and 5th?

dirtdickens

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF TRUE ... don't be too surprised to see CLE package its 5th overall and either the 29 (from NYG) or its 36 or 50 to KC in order to move up to #3 overall in order to get Crabtree or Maclin (in front of SEA) ...

Yeah, because a team that is set at every position except WR that is in full on win now mode with a crap-ton of picks wouldn't want to move on a young WR a year removed from 1200 yard 16 TD season...

How has he done the other three years in the league? :wacko:

How has he done the other three years in the league? :wacko:

Umm, his rookie year he progressed well before a knee injury ended his season. The following year he put up nearly 900 yards and 6 TD's with Charlie Frye throwing to him and still recoving from his knee injury...

The following year he amassed his monster numbers.

Last year was a train wreck, but up until then, he was performing at or above expectations.

Your point=failure. To think that you're going to get something as good as Braylon Edwards with a late first and a fith is foolish. Edwards has the capability to be a top 5 WR in the league. Give him a steady team with one quarterback.

you cant count his rookie season he only had 30 receptions, his second season and last year his team sucked and they went 4-12 each year. I was actually surprised to see he YPC was actually the same as his monster 2007 year. I see know reason why he wouldnt put up Plax type numbers in New York.

and a first and 5th to much? Brayon Edwards or Kenny Britt and a 5th that will be hard pressed to make the roster...easy choice imo.

the issue will be signing him to a long term contract extension...cutting Burress only save around 3 mill from what ive read.

I'd welcome him with open arms to NY, Edwards, Smith, Hixon, Manningham, Moss, Tyree, and Hagan would make a very respectable WR corps.

He has not performed like a third pick in the draft in any season but one. He has had a significant knee injury. He drops a lot of balls.

fist and fifth = :wacko:

looks as if the GIants agree, and this is just a rumor. Not only would the new team have to give up those picks, but he probably only has two years left on his rookie contract. So you'd have to rework his deal to make it a worthwhile trade. Would the Giants be willing to throw money at Braylon after the season he just had? I don't think so.

He has not performed like a third pick in the draft in any season but one. He has had a significant knee injury. He drops a lot of balls.

fist and fifth = :wacko:

looks as if the GIants agree, and this is just a rumor. Not only would the new team have to give up those picks, but he probably only has two years left on his rookie contract. So you'd have to rework his deal to make it a worthwhile trade. Would the Giants be willing to throw money at Braylon after the season he just had? I don't think so.

Yeah but he went to Michigan. PON has a soft spot for Wolverines. He thinks the aberation was last year not the year before.

Honestly he could be either player. In 07 he was a stud, last year he dropped more passes than just about anyone. Too risky to give up a 1 and 5 for most teams.

Some NFL teams are starting to "get it". There's nothing magical about a 1st round draft pick, and there's no way to predict a player's future success in the league after being drafted. The only thing guaranteed about a 1st round pick is the big money that has to be paid to them in a signing bonus to get them into camp. If you have a player who has proven themselves at the NFL level and has shown that they can play at a high level, why wouldn't you rather sign them on - especially if you are in your window for being a contender for the SB?

As to what is says about Manningham - it says almost nothing. Manningham will be entering his second year as a WR, and he figured to be a #2 WR on whatever team he landed on. He's probably a year or more away unless he manages to speed his learning curve significantly. The Giants aren't going to sit on hold waiting for him.

Edited by Bronco Billy

his second season and last year his team sucked and they went 4-12 each year.

If his team sucked, wouldn't his numbers have reason to be better since they likely would have been throwing all the time in playing catch-up?

Or was part of the reason they sucked that Edwards couldn't catch and killed many drives?

I like the idea (would prefer Boldin though) but there is absolutely no buzz at all about this. Usually there is some leak to the press.

If his team sucked, wouldn't his numbers have reason to be better since they likely would have been throwing all the time in playing catch-up?

Or was part of the reason they sucked that Edwards couldn't catch and killed many drives?

That's the hugh question mark surrounding him. He seems to do well only when things are going well. He had a connection with Derek Anderson and seemed to try harder in 07 so what really happened last year?

He had 138 targets but caught only 55 for a 39.9% reception ratio. That's :wacko:

Yes, Edwards was the sole reason why the browns sucked last year

That's the hugh question mark surrounding him. He seems to do well only when things are going well. He had a connection with Derek Anderson and seemed to try harder in 07 so what really happened last year?

He had 138 targets but caught only 55 for a 39.9% reception ratio. That's :wacko:

you are making it seem like he dropped 83 passes last year

Havent seen anything on it today. My optimism is being drained.

Thus my yawn earlier, I would think the Giants beat writers would be all over this had the two teams been talking again...especially if they were as close to a deal as this radio station said they were.

I find it amusing that most people here wouldn't trade Braylon Edwards for Kenny Britt

I watched the local Sports Time Ohio call in talk show yesterday. Bruce Drennan's the host. He's absolutely certain Braylon will be a draft day trade. This exact scenario wasn't mentioned.