[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

San Fransisco 49ers

Shorttynaz

Solid D without a strong pass rush, Offense gets the job done without much flash. Not something we're used to from the prior SB years, but the W's are a big improvement over the past few years.

A few more solid drafts + signings and they could be very good.

I liked Seattle in the NFC West this year, assuming Hasselbeck could stay healthy, with SF finishing second. They have a better defense than Arizona, and obviously a far superior running game. If Hasselbeck and some of Seattle's other key pieces (Jones, etc.) miss considerable time, I like SF's chances to win the division. You can win that division more easily without a top QB than you can without a defense. Arizona had a nice run last year, but they were 9-7... and won their home matchup with the Niners due to the fact that SF couldn't punch the ball in from the one yard line on 4th down. SF avenged that loss last week, and now is the front-runner to make the playoffs from the NFC West.

Here are their remaining games....

Games they SHOULD win:

STL

JAC

DET

@STL

Games their opponents SHOULD win:

@MIN

@IND

@GB

@PHI

That leaves the six games below... I think they can win three, maybe even four of those games. If they can manage to win four of the six below, that puts them at 10-6... That may be a reach, but I really don't think it's that far of a reach. Realistically, I see them probably winning three of the four home games below, and losing the two on the road. But, who knows... the way things looked today, they may sweep Seattle and split the four home games below. Sure, they might also lose @STL, or only win 2/6 below. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see them give MIN, IND, or GB problems on the road, either. Singletary will have them ready to play every week. Plus, I think he has beaten the mentality into them that, if they avoid mistakes (turnovers), and play DECENT defense, they will be in every game this year in the 4th quarter. So far, so good. I think they finish AT LEAST 9-7 this year, assuming their key 3-4 players (Hill, Gore, Willis, Clements) stay healthy enough to remain on the field.

ATL

TEN

@HOU

CHI

@SEA

ARI

They may have finally got that head coach that they've been searching for. Singletary has this team firing on all fronts. They looked good again for the 2nd week in a row. 6-1 in Singletary's last 7 games as a head coach.

In my opinion, I think yes and no. I think they have made a HUGE leap, but will benefit from the weakest division in football this year. They play with heart and will only get better under Mike. You gotta love what the future holds for them.

i've been saying that i see them with 6-9 wins. it is not a great team. the defensive personnel has been pretty good for a few years, but the offense has been pathetic...now it is average. the old formula (but a new one for sf)....... great running back, good te... and make sure the qb doesn't turn it over. to be a good team, they need more from teh qb and wr positions. either way, they are improving, and in games............and that makes it fun to watch again.