[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Factoring in bye weeks during the draft

Thews40

Was just wondering how people that factor in bye weeks during the draft are doing. I don't look at them during the draft, because things change so much, but I think it limits a better player at the expense of getting a waiver wire fill for one week. With this week being filled with byes, did things work out like you planned?

It worked out the way I figured it would for me. :D

My WR's at the draft were:

H Ward Bye 8

Berrian Bye 9

S Rice Bye 9

Andre Johnson Bye 10

SSmith (NYG) Bye 10

Byrant Johnson Bye 7 (swapped him out for Caldwell Bye 8)

We play 3 so I knew weeks 8-10 were touch and go for me if anyone got hurt. All season everyone stayed healthy and overperformed and I couldn't even get S. Rice off my bench. So what happend last week Berrian (hammy again) and AJohnson both get hurt :wacko:

Now I am scrambling to hopefully cover one of them this week.

I say screw thinking about Wr's on draft day...

I drafted extremely weak at WR with...

Colston

Coles

Hester

Harvin

Last week my wr's looked like

Colston

Sims-Walker 7

Marshall 7

Burleson 7

Hester(I put on my IR and had to leave him on their for one more week)

I ended up with a much better receiving corps, but only had one available to play, even though my drafted team had no problems...

Edited by wowzerz1111

Was just wondering how people that factor in bye weeks during the draft are doing. I don't look at them during the draft, because things change so much, but I think it limits a better player at the expense of getting a waiver wire fill for one week. With this week being filled with byes, did things work out like you planned?

I never consider byes either except when it comes to taking a backup QB.

I look at them, but primarily for backups. I've made charts in the past (as my WCOFF teammates can attest to) that looked at a player's bye weeks and tough matchups and determined what other players at that position had the easies matchups in those weeks, a particularly useful tool for those of us that really tend to wait on QB (though it has merits for the other positions to).

I generally ignore them when looking at starters, and have actually advocated as a legitimate strategy targeting players with the same bye week so that, as a team, you are full strength the majority of the year and only shorthanded one week, rather than be missing a key starter or two each of several weeks.

I look at them, but primarily for backups. I've made charts in the past (as my WCOFF teammates can attest to) that looked at a player's bye weeks and tough matchups and determined what other players at that position had the easies matchups in those weeks, a particularly useful tool for those of us that really tend to wait on QB (though it has merits for the other positions to).

I generally ignore them when looking at starters, and have actually advocated as a legitimate strategy targeting players with the same bye week so that, as a team, you are full strength the majority of the year and only shorthanded one week, rather than be missing a key starter or two each of several weeks.

Good into and well said as usual from BC :wacko:

I obviously look to make sure my backup QB is not on the BYE same as my starter and I usually pick a backup who is 1) a decent player and 2) looks to have a nice matchup the week my starter is out.

I dont give BYE weeks too much thought beyond that, though. I try to concentrate most on getting the players I think will score the most points :D

Edited by Delicious_bass

On draft day, I only care about byes for my backup QB, backup TE and a second kicker (if I even draft one, because most of the time I only draft one.)

I never consider byes either except when it comes to taking a backup QB.

I don't bother about byes either but, unlike you, I completely spaced it for my backup QB in the league where I have Rodgers. Cutler was available as a great backup option so I took him, realizing later the Packers and Bears had the same bye. :wacko: