[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the FLEX position

Jimmy_22

Our long standing local (money) league is considering adding a FLEX position next year. Current PPR scoring starting QB, K, D, TE and a 1RB/3WR or 2RB/2WR combo. If we add a FLEX position, we would have the option of an additional RB or WR.

Does your league use the FLEX? If so, can you provide some pro's and con's?

My fear is that it further separates the have's from the have not's. Meaning, that if your roster is stacked, you have a decided advantage of starting another strong player versus a team that might not be as deep? I personally could go either way with it as I typically have depth, but it seems like half the guys in our league often struggle to field a team the way it is (due to injury, bye's, or other general lack of drafting skills - ha ha).

Thoughts ???

Edited by Jimmy_22

A flex play can be an equalizer. It allows you to take chances with players with a great upside. If you team is stacked, then you really get to lay it on and not have to moan at not being able to use all your great players. I think it's a great addition. After playing in leagues without one, I wouldn't want to again without the flex option.

Isn't 1RB/3WR or 2RB/2WR the same as 1RB/2WR/1Flex? You already have a flex :wacko:

Well, no - unless I've been living in fantasy idiothood all these years? A flex would add a 5th starter (RB or WR) to the four already in place of 1RB/3WR or 2RB/2WR.

Edited by Jimmy_22

:wacko:

what do you tihnk flex means?

I guess there are different definitions. We have 8 starters and 8 bench players. Looking to go 9 and 7 respectively.

In looking at the standard scoring on the ESPN site, they have the same thing - QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex, TE, K, and D

ROSTER SIZE - PER ESPN

Free Standard League rosters have slots for a total of sixteen (16) players per team. There are nine (9) Starting slots. See below for specific Starting positions. Additionally, there are seven (7) Bench slots.

I have 3 leagues that start a flex

2rb/2wr/1flex

2rb/2wr/3flex

2rb/3wr/1flex

One that does not

2rb/3wr

3 flex can be a bit too much, but it is a league that has dwindled down to 8, so you have to have a large number of starters.

Well, no - unless I've been living in fantasy idiothood all these years? A flex would add a 5th starter (RB or WR) to the four already in place of 1RB/3WR or 2RB/2WR.

Confirmed :wacko:

Flex is just an active roster spot that can be occupied by players from more than one position.

EG: WR/TE, WR/RB, WR/RB/TE, QB/WR/TE/RB

Very good definition.