[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Paging Reggie Wayne

Henry Muto

They still would have had a big mountain to climb but Wayne let that last pass, which would have been a td, go right through his hands. Garcon had a big drop too.

They still would have had a big mountain to climb but Wayne let that last pass, which would have been a td, go right through his hands. Garcon had a big drop too.

IIRC, Garcon's drop came on a 3rd down, 10 - 3. I turned to my boys & said, that could be hugh. I think it may have been.

IIRC, Garcon's drop came on a 3rd down, 10 - 3. I turned to my boys & said, that could be hugh. I think it may have been.

Local radio guy made the same point. Hugh moment in the game. Saints D hadn't been able to get off the filed up to that point and, had Indy sustained yet another long drive, it could have gotten ugly.

Sometimes the littlest things end up being so big.

from mmqb

First, the drop by Pierre Garcon. GM Bill Polian told me outside the stadium after the game you can't blame Garcon because he got "jacked'' at the line of scrimmage. Maybe, but I watched the replay a couple of times early this morning, and he was well away from the jacking when the Manning pass clanked off his hands. With 8:23 left in the second quarter, and third-and-four at the Colts 28, the Colts were in great position to add to their lead. They were having no trouble moving the ball. Garcon did a 10-yard in cut, beating Jabari Greer with linebacker Scott Fujita over the top, and he was wide open. Manning didn't throw the ball the rest of the half. The Colts had the ball for three offensive snaps the rest of the half.

lolol...i understand polian is trying to stick up for garcon...hes a good kid and a good story...but jesus...this guy wants cbs to play with one arm tied behind their backs

The Colts played like the 5 yard bump rule wasn't in effect last night. The whole second half they gave 8 yard cushions allowing the Saints to dink and dunk their way up the field. Disgusting.

I was screaming about this all night, it was totally disgusting. The lowliest of quarterbacks could have made those completions, no way you can do that against a QB like Brees.

The Colts played like the 5 yard bump rule wasn't in effect last night. The whole second half they gave 8 yard cushions allowing the Saints to dink and dunk their way up the field. Disgusting.

TELL me about it. Nice coaching. :wacko:

I figured the Colts would lose due to bad D and/or special teams - but I didn't think Manning play such a key role, even though I'm not one of the many who have been licking his nut sack to death lately. Oh and speaking of Wayne I only saw the reply once but got the impression he might have had a shot at tackling Sharper if he'd have made a real effort. Y/N?

Regardless, it's not surprising he didn't get many looks (as was often the case in the latter part of the year) as he's perhaps the 3d or even 4th best WR on the team, and one of the most overrated ever. He's notorious for drops and inconsistent if not outright weak at making adjustments.

I thought the Colts were trying to dink and dunk as well. How many times did Manning throw it 20+ yards. That really isn't their game is it? Were the Colts trying to do long drives to keep it from being a shootout? It just didn't seem like the Colts I have seen this year and they looked too conservative.

Edited by Outshined

I thought the Colts were trying to dink and dunk as well. How many times did Manning throw it 20+ yards. That really isn't their game is it? Were the Colts trying to do long drives to keep it from being a shootout? It just didn't seem like the Colts I have seen this year and they looked too conservative.

Agreed. Manning had plenty of time, but never took a shot down field.

Baffled by the ultra-conservative play calling after stuffing the Saints on fourth down at the goal line in the first half. 3 runs? The Colts haven't done that all year. Allowed the Saints to get 3 points, and momentum, before half.

I don't think Manning threw a pick-6 all year. Just an awful throw. But honestly, he'd thrown several balls that coulda been picked in the second half. Running game was working. No excuse for that throw. The offense has to come through there. They had all year.

And the on sides kick. Huge play. Hank Baskett should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.

Edited by CaptainHook