[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns continue to acquire terrible quarterbacks

CaptainHook

Finding a great running fullback is kinda like winning first place in an ugliest person contest. What good does that do them? They have no QB, no RB, no WR, no TE. But hey, we've got a fullback and a punt returner! That oughta sell some season tix!

A well rounded FB offers so much more to an offense than they are given credit for. Remember what Darryl Johnson did for the Cowboys or Robert Newhouse? Hell, Howard Griffith wasn't given nearly enough credit for Terrell Davis's performance in SB 32. Barry Sanders become the caliber back that he did running behind Tommy Verdell.

I'm not saying a great FB is the cure needed for this team, nor any team but I am saying the a great FB can take a mediocre RB, QB and make them much better.

Finding a great running fullback is kinda like winning first place in an ugliest person contest. What good does that do them?

Just b/c Hillis was listed as a fullback in Denver does'nt mean squat.

In 2008 he averaged 5 yds a carry and caught 15 balls averaging 13 yds a catch. He scored 6 tds. The next Walter Payton? Probly not. But if I was a Brown's fan, I'd rather have Hillis right now than Quinn.

You also said that Quinn was "first round talent"? IIRC, alot of teams passed on him that draft.

Hillis was like the fourth string RB that year, right? Maybe even worse than that. He got no touches last year. How much "talent" does he really have? I gotta a feeling he was passed on by a few teams in the draft too . . .

Watson. :wacko: That guy is a stiff.

the guy caught 25 balls last season. 20 for first downs and 5 TDs. That's much better than what we trotted out there last year. We lined up Greg Estandia fer chrissakes.

I wish more front office GM's would have the guts to cut bait with people that are clearly not in their plans. A team like Cleveland needs to build up top, in the middle, and at the bottom. Hillis is a guy, like a Brian Leonard, that will make this team better by being on the field when he can make a difference.

I'll take that bet.

Gotta agree with Captain Hook on all of this.

Quinn might have looked bad his handful of starts, but there's no way he was 6h Rounder + FB bad imo.

I think he still has the potential to be a decent NFL Quarterback. Especially when players like Russell, Feeley and Edwards are starting in the NFL.

How useless was Quinn for the Browns? Only one of the last 40 QBs drafted in the first round won fewer games or started fewer games for the team that drafted him than Quinn (ignoring Rivers/Manning, and the '09 class): http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=6318

c+p from another site but puts Quinn's sucktitude into perspective.

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

How useless was Quinn for the Browns? Only one of the last 40 QBs drafted in the first round won fewer games or started fewer games for the team that drafted him than Quinn (ignoring Rivers/Manning, and the '09 class): http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=6318

c+p from another site but puts Quinn's sucktitude into perspective.

how many of those qbs ended up on IR for 2 consecutive sezsons? I think quinn is/haas getting a bit of a raw deal...not saying I think he is great by any mens but htink he has more to offer than has been seen yet.

I like this signing. He is clearly better than the guys they have and he might be helped out with a changed of cast and offense. Whatever the case - the guy has fire - so he will give his all in camp to win the job and make the people he is competing against much better

• 6 months later...
Just b/c Hillis was listed as a fullback in Denver does'nt mean squat.

In 2008 he averaged 5 yds a carry and caught 15 balls averaging 13 yds a catch. He scored 6 tds. The next Walter Payton? Probly not. But if I was a Brown's fan, I'd rather have Hillis right now than Quinn.

You also said that Quinn was "first round talent"? IIRC, alot of teams passed on him that draft.

Hillis was like the fourth string RB that year, right? Maybe even worse than that. He got no touches last year. How much "talent" does he really have? I gotta a feeling he was passed on by a few teams in the draft too . . .

:tup: we're talking about a guy that has run for 392 yards in two years, and some of you act like he's a future star . . . I'll bet Quinn's in the NFL longer . . .

Only way this is true is if Quinn is carrying a clipboard.

I"d bet Hillis will be a more productive player than Quinn will be though.

I'll take that bet.

:wacko: