[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs. Cowboys Sig Bet Thread

Cowboyz1

Ok, I am kind of new to this website (about ayear, more observation than posts), but sorry, don;t understand what is meant by the sigline you guys are talking about. Could someone please let me know what this means? Thanks....FINSUP!

Under our posts there are small sayings that show up every time you post (look below mine rest in peace emmitt etc). Sometimes rival fans bet the right to give the other group a sig line of their choice if a certain team wins. In this case the Giants fans will create a sig that the Boys fans need to use for a week or so. It is usually something degrading

edit to add. You can create a sigline here

Edited by whomper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm only going to say this once so here goes.

Dallas is not the team I thought they were. I finally figured out what this team is all about. Let me start by formally apologizing to my fellow fans for the poor leadership in this matter. I humbly ask for your forgiveness. See last request.

This team is very talented and I love some of the players. That said, this game was over by halftime. I now realize this years Dallas Cowboys are a fair weather team. A team that has all the talent in the world at some key positions but sorely undermanned at others. But when the chips are down, like they were last night, you need the mental edge to rally. They don't have that. Nor do we have the personell in key positions to play with the Giants of the league.

Scandrick is not a starting CB. Ball is not a starting Safety. Gronk is not a starting FB.

Decisions early on this year are coming back to haunt us. Wade and JJ's decisions.

Letting Deon Anderson go and not having an experienced FB got Romo killed. No excuse for that. In a game like this you can't afford to have that mistake. If I am correct, Deon Anderson is still jobless and we have a roster spot open.

Ball is soft. Every time he hit somebody he got up shaken, and is rarely around the ball.

Our O line is in shambles. Letting Flo go was a mistake. Free is doing fine but having an experienced backup would have kept Barron off the field and now we are down to Costa at Guard.

The league has caught up to Garrett. As I watched the Giants offense I kept wondering why they can get so much out of formation and we can't. I know we put up a lot of Offense with Romo but I see now that most of that was Romo. We have just as good if not better WR and TE's but we can't get them as open as they did. Why?

But the end all for me, was to see the Defense just sitting there dumbfounded with no energy. I would have expected them to get angry and go after Eli, take the game on their shoulders, like the Bears did when they lost their QB. Or the Ravens. Instead, I saw three players fight to win. Ware, Ratliff and Brooking. But the rest of the Defense went limp. I am sad to say we have no defensive leader. A guy who demands excellence on the field. A guy who can influence the others to play beyond their abilities. We don't have that guy.

Lastly, I saw the difference bettween a Parcells team and a Wade team. Parcells teams expect and even plan for things to go wrong. I remember him saying that contingencies are what keeps him up at night. What if he goes down, what if this happens, what if, what if. Wade's teams are like me, optimistic. They expect things to go well and when they don't, are unprepared to deal with the bad weather. If things go their way, they are very tough to beat but when they don't, well you see.

Case an point, Romo goes down and the Offense folds up like a lawn chair. I know, I know 2nd's don't get that many reps, but you can't tell me that Kitna was prepared because he wasn't that was obvious.

Teams have injuries, the Giants last year, Tenn, Philly, but they all found ways to plug the wholes and push on. Where are our Rookies from last year. They have had a full year and a half now to start contributing but haven't. We have no line rotation so Ware and Spence are out there all game while the same goes for James and Brooking. While the Giants are shuttling in a fresh 4 every other down. We replace Bobby Carpenter with his smaller twin, or so it seams.

I never thought I would say this but Vermeil's statement when they lost their QB for the season was "we will rally around Kurt Warner and we will Play Good Football". A sign of leadership for his team that demanded everyone step up and Warner was great but can you see Wade saying that? No. Now Kitna is no Warner but the tone and conviction is missing in Wade. I still think Wade is a great defensive mind but he is not a leader of men. He expects players to do their job and what he teaches them but lacks the personallity to demand it.

Needless to say, the blinders or rose colored glasses are off. I once was blind but now I see.

If it's ok with all of you Giants fans, I will carry the Sig line for my fellow fans as I feel responcible for leading them into this with my blind optimism. Therefore, if you Giants fans agree, I will take a sig from each of you each week of the season if you will spare my fellow fans.

So each week, I will where a sig for each of my fellow Cowboys fans from each of you winning Giants fans. In essense one by one you will all get a chance to create your own sig for me to wear one at a time for it looks like 6 weeks.

What do you say?

Edited by Cowboyz1

I would like to let another more creative Giants fan step up but if nobody does use:

At 1-5 Dallas is right where they belong. The most overrated team in NFL history is showing their true talent level. Maybe with the top 5 pick they'll get in the 2011 pick they can trade for a new coach, GM, Owner, & QB.

If it's ok with all of you Giants fans, I will carry the Sig line for my fellow fans as I feel responcible for leading them into this with my blind optimism. Therefore, if you Giants fans agree, I will take a sig from each of you each week of the season if you will spare my fellow fans.

So each week, I will where a sig for each of my fellow Cowboys fans from each of you winning Giants fans. In essense one by one you will all get a chance to create your own sig for me to wear one at a time for it looks like 6 weeks.

What do you say?

But the end all for me, was to see the Defense just sitting there dumbfounded with no energy. I would have expected them to get angry and go after Eli, take the game on their shoulders, like the Bears did when they lost their QB. Or the Ravens. Instead, I saw three players fight to win. Ware, Ratliff and Brooking. But the rest of the Defense went limp. I am sad to say we have no defensive leader. A guy who demands excellence on the field. A guy who can influence the others to play beyond their abilities. We don't have that guy.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding :wacko:

What do you say?

Bull..... You make a bet, you pay up when you lose. I'm just amazed that it's taking this long for those NY boys to think of one....

I would like to let another more creative Giants fan step up but if nobody does use:

At 1-5 Dallas is right where they belong. The most overrated team in NFL history is showing their true talent level. Maybe with the top 5 pick they'll get in the 2011 pick they can trade for a new coach, GM, Owner, & QB.

I'll give that a test drive for now unless someone comes up with something you all want us to put on.

What do you say?

Naw, appreciate it Cowboyz1, but you didn't lead me into this...although I agree your optimism is blind and pretty heady at times on the Cowboys.

I took it on, so time to put up or shut up.

I'll give that a test drive for now unless someone comes up with something you all want us to put on.

Naw, appreciate it Cowboyz1, but you didn't lead me into this...although I agree your optimism is blind and pretty heady at times on the Cowboys.

I took it on, so time to put up or shut up.

Forgive me Gunth, I just thought we had a good shot this year that's all. I really did. :wacko:

Mindboggggoling...............that we have a ROY candidate in Dez to go with Witten, Austin, Felix, Barber and Choice and Romo and we are still 1-5. Wow that is some really bad mojo we got going on round HERE!

They mean nothing without a solid O line

Ok, I'm only going to say this once so here goes.

Dallas is not the team I thought they were. I finally figured out what this team is all about. Let me start by formally apologizing to my fellow fans for the poor leadership in this matter. I humbly ask for your forgiveness. See last request.

This team is very talented and I love some of the players. That said, this game was over by halftime. I now realize this years Dallas Cowboys are a fair weather team. A team that has all the talent in the world at some key positions but sorely undermanned at others. But when the chips are down, like they were last night, you need the mental edge to rally. They don't have that. Nor do we have the personell in key positions to play with the Giants of the league.

Scandrick is not a starting CB. Ball is not a starting Safety. Gronk is not a starting FB.

Decisions early on this year are coming back to haunt us. Wade and JJ's decisions.

Letting Deon Anderson go and not having an experienced FB got Romo killed. No excuse for that. In a game like this you can't afford to have that mistake. If I am correct, Deon Anderson is still jobless and we have a roster spot open.

Ball is soft. Every time he hit somebody he got up shaken, and is rarely around the ball.

Our O line is in shambles. Letting Flo go was a mistake. Free is doing fine but having an experienced backup would have kept Barron off the field and now we are down to Costa at Guard.

The league has caught up to Garrett. As I watched the Giants offense I kept wondering why they can get so much out of formation and we can't. I know we put up a lot of Offense with Romo but I see now that most of that was Romo. We have just as good if not better WR and TE's but we can't get them as open as they did. Why?

Lastly, I saw the difference bettween a Parcells team and a Wade team. Parcells teams expect and even plan for things to go wrong. I remember him saying that contingencies are what keeps him up at night. What if he goes down, what if this happens, what if, what if. Wade's teams are like me, optimistic. They expect things to go well and when they don't, are unprepared to deal with the bad weather. If things go their way, they are very tough to beat but when they don't, well you see.

Case an point, Romo goes down and the Offense folds up like a lawn chair. I know, I know 2nd's don't get that many reps, but you can't tell me that Kitna was prepared because he wasn't that was obvious.

Teams have injuries, the Giants last year, Tenn, Philly, but they all found ways to plug the wholes and push on. Where are our Rookies from last year. They have had a full year and a half now to start contributing but haven't. We have no line rotation so Ware and Spence are out there all game while the same goes for James and Brooking. While the Giants are shuttling in a fresh 4 every other down. We replace Bobby Carpenter with his smaller twin, or so it seams.

I never thought I would say this but Vermeil's statement when they lost their QB for the season was "we will rally around Kurt Warner and we will Play Good Football". A sign of leadership for his team that demanded everyone step up and Warner was great but can you see Wade saying that? No. Now Kitna is no Warner but the tone and conviction is missing in Wade. I still think Wade is a great defensive mind but he is not a leader of men. He expects players to do their job and what he teaches them but lacks the personallity to demand it.

Needless to say, the blinders or rose colored glasses are off. I once was blind but now I see.

What do you say?

i.e. the cowboys SUCK... :wacko:

What do you say?

What a wuss... :wacko:

CowboysDieHard summed it up:

The Texas Highway Patrol are cracking down on speeders heading into Dallas. For the first offense, they give you 2 Dallas Cowboy tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A. The Dallas Cowboys

Q. What do the Dallas Cowboys and Billy Graham have in common?

A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ".

Q. How do you keep a Dallas Cowboy out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal post.

Q. What do you call a Dallas Cowboy with a Super Bowl ring?

A. Old

Q. What's the difference between the Dallas Cowboys and a dollar bill?

A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. How many Dallas Cowboys does it take to win a Super Bowl?

A. Nobody remembers.

Q. What do the Cowboys and a possums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

Edited by KnightsOfKnee

CDH summed it up.

The Texas Highway Patrol are cracking down on speeders heading into Dallas. For the first offense, they give you 2 Dallas Cowboy tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A. The Dallas Cowboys

Q. What do the Dallas Cowboys and Billy Graham have in common?

A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ".

Q. How do you keep a Dallas Cowboy out of your yard?

A. Put up a goal post.

Q. What do you call a Dallas Cowboy with a Super Bowl ring?

A. Old

Q. What's the difference between the Dallas Cowboys and a dollar bill?

A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. How many Dallas Cowboys does it take to win a Super Bowl?

A. Nobody remembers.

Q. What do the Cowboys and a possums have in common?

A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

:wacko:

I have an ex gf/cowboy fan (has tat of star on her ankle).

I'd mail this to her, but she's not spekaing to me since last week.