[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Danario Alexander

Chloroform Rx

Don't think there's been any discussion on DX outside of the deep sleeper thread. At least not since he's been back.

We should all know by now his knees are trouble, period. With that said...

He was in on 20 snaps in week 12 and ended up with 4 catches for 95 yards. Those are relatively great numbers on a per-snap basis. My guess is that they're going to cintinue to give him a failry low snap count as a means to keep him healthy. But that's just my opinion. I know he is not a long term solution to any ffb team, but with only a few games remaining, and with the Rams playing for the division, maybe they put it all on the line.

Any homers out there with insight? Are they going to get him more involved? Is he going through full practices? What is Spagnuolo's approach with DX going forward?

Fwiw Michael Hoomanawanui has a high ankle sprain.

Edited by Chloroform Rx

He's an ideal stash guy IMO. See if he can put together a couple more good weeks and stay healthy, and he might pan out to be a decent flex play if you need him in your fantasy playoffs. Even then, 3 decent weeks in a row wouldn't be a long enough trend to really feel that confident in. Let's see how many snaps and looks he gets this weekend vs. Arizona... Hopefully he stays healthy, because he is the most talented WR the Rams have.

A lot depends on what kind of day Pat Shurmer is having. Against the Broncos, they focused on Jackson and he opened things up for Sammy and let him sling it. Some games, the play calling is so conservative it drives you crazy. I will say that with Bradford and Alexander's performances last week it would make sense to be a little more wide-open. Sam can handle it, and it should open things up for Jackson, but Shurmer has proven to be very unpredictable.

One thing is clear: when Danario is healthy, he IS a serious threat. I love him for dynasty leagues, but if you're counting on him for this year, there's no question it's risky based on his injury history. He showed no ill effects last Sunday and was running well, though, and the Rams are in the playoff hunt so they may turn him loose.

If it sounds like I'm arguing with myself, it's because absolutely NO ONE at this point knows how the Rams will use him going forward. I might end up talking myself into taking a flier on him before our transaction deadline.

A lot depends on what kind of day Pat Shurmer is having. Against the Broncos, they focused on Jackson and he opened things up for Sammy and let him sling it. Some games, the play calling is so conservative it drives you crazy. I will say that with Bradford and Alexander's performances last week it would make sense to be a little more wide-open. Sam can handle it, and it should open things up for Jackson, but Shurmer has proven to be very unpredictable.

One thing is clear: when Danario is healthy, he IS a serious threat. I love him for dynasty leagues, but if you're counting on him for this year, there's no question it's risky based on his injury history. He showed no ill effects last Sunday and was running well, though, and the Rams are in the playoff hunt so they may turn him loose.

If it sounds like I'm arguing with myself, it's because absolutely NO ONE at this point knows how the Rams will use him going forward. I might end up talking myself into taking a flier on him before our transaction deadline.

Did you cringe like I did when he took that hit on the knees instead of going out of bounds? I could just imagine a CRAAAACK!!. :shudder:

Did you cringe like I did when he took that hit on the knees instead of going out of bounds? I could just imagine a CRAAAACK!!. :shudder:

I was literally on the edge of my chair saying "Get up. Get up. Get up. Get up." :wacko:

I just picked him up in my league. I am in desperate need of a WR due to injuries and the fact that Randy Moss is a turd taco. I considered throwing Woodhead in there, but I needed someone with a higher ceiling. I think that DX is it... okay... more like I HOPE DX is it.

I just held my nose and picked him up as well. I'm 7-6 in that league, going against another 7-6 guy. Win and in, lose and it's off to the toilet bowl. Have some HORRID matchups this week, and of course, he has Eli and Manningham vs Washington along with some other nice matchups. Going to need a little pop in my lineup this week, hopefully he's the answer.

As happens so often in my league (only three of twelve teams are out of the running, two by only a game), one lineup decision on one player, back in an earlier week, comes back to haunt me. I could easily be 8-5 right now and not having to worry about this. :wacko:

I just held my nose and picked him up as well. I'm 7-6 in that league, going against another 7-6 guy. Win and in, lose and it's off to the toilet bowl. Have some HORRID matchups this week, and of course, he has Eli and Manningham vs Washington along with some other nice matchups. Going to need a little pop in my lineup this week, hopefully he's the answer.

As happens so often in my league (only three of twelve teams are out of the running, two by only a game), one lineup decision on one player, back in an earlier week, comes back to haunt me. I could easily be 8-5 right now and not having to worry about this. :wacko:

Well, DX has a GREAT matchup this week.

Against the Broncos, Alexander played about 20 plays, which isn't a huge workload but seemed to be about right according to coach Steve Spagnuolo.

“I think it was 20 plays, which is just about what we thought,Spagnuolo said. He probably wanted to play more. I'm sure he wanted to play more, but we're going to be careful. I'm not sure. We'll see. We're going to try to get him more involved.”

Getting Alexander more involved doesn't necessarily equate to taking more snaps so much as it might mean making an even more concerted effort to get him the ball when he is on the field.

Alexander has had particular success running deep routes as well as getting the ball in catch and run situations.

After catching four passes for 95 yards against the Broncos, Alexander said he felt fine on Monday and has practiced with no issues on Wednesday and Thursday.

“I feel great, Alexander said. I feel a whole lot better than after the San Diego game, I guess because I got the operation done. I feel great out here.”

Alexander says that the recent surgery was one that he would have had to have done at some point anyway and now that it's been taken care of, he believes he's as healthy as he's been in a long time.

“After last surgery, it wasn't really a big procedure so I knew I would be back within a few weeks without missing a beat, Alexander said. I'm just excited about getting back out on the field.”

Full Article

Edited by Chloroform Rx