[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McDANIELS FIRED!

redrumjuice

For all those hoping for an increase in Moreno's numbers for the playoffs with the RB coach taking over:

If he plays (or is forced to play by management) Tebow, you're going to see a ton of 8 in the box and forcing Tebow to win with his arm - which I don't think he's anywhere near being ready to do. That also means the rookie members of the O-line are going to be forced into 1 on 1 matchups, and they aren't good enough to win many of those.

Be very careful in evaluating this situation. Personally I'm very glad that I have no Broncos on any of my rosters going forward - whether in the running or passing game.

I've learned the hard way, and for once I can finally say I don't either! :wacko:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would a position coach be hired instead of a coordinator? Is it because management doesn't believe the coordinators are any good either? Are they sending a message that says no matter what we are looking outside the organization for a new HC and all coordinators will be let go? Curious moves in my opinion.

I just hope Bowlen isn't trying to apply to be the next Al Davis.

I'm worried that this was a bad time to fire a head coach from a hiring perspective. Obviously, it was a good time to fire a head coach from an OMG-he-sucks-so-bad-and-nobody-is-coming-to-the-games perspective.

Next year is a potential strike season. The top unemployed candidates may not want to jump into the game right now just to deal with that nonsense rather than just wait it out for another season while gainfully employed as a commentator on the situation.

And then there's the issue of the other openings. If you were a premiere quality coach... how would you rank your wish list of teams to work for? Dallas first, probably... then probably Minnesota. I mean... AFC West has a really good rivalry and history going, but I think most people would put it slightly behind the NFC East and NFC North.

Denver has a year of slim pickins and even then we're looking at the bottom of the barrel, I think. We're not going to get the Cowher or Gruden... we're going to have to get lucky with a less experienced candidate for a few years at least.

And then there's the issue of the other openings. If you were a premiere quality coach... how would you rank your wish list of teams to work for? Dallas first, probably... then probably Minnesota. I mean... AFC West has a really good rivalry and history going, but I think most people would put it slightly behind the NFC East and NFC North.

Denver has a year of slim pickins and even then we're looking at the bottom of the barrel, I think. We're not going to get the Cowher or Gruden... we're going to have to get lucky with a less experienced candidate for a few years at least.

What about Schottenheimer? He HATES the Raiders and this would make it the hat trick for the other 3 teams in the division. I think he has said he doesnt want to coach again, but Bowlen could make a hard push to get him, plus it would give him the chance to also stick it to SD for firing him.

What about Schottenheimer? He HATES the Raiders and this would make it the hat trick for the other 3 teams in the division. I think he has said he doesnt want to coach again, but Bowlen could make a hard push to get him, plus it would give him the chance to also stick it to SD for firing him.

Schottenheimer? Coaching the Broncos? The irony would just be too rich.

Wannstedt is now available. He guarantees you years of mediocrity!

If Fisher has put his job on the line by getting into it with ownership over having Young forced on him, how would it work out with Tebow here? Out of the frying pan and into the fire...

I'd say that it seems at this point it isn't running-QB-play style that's got Young in Fisher's doghouse, it's a personality conflict stemming from Young's perpetual immaturity.

Something I haven't seen, and maybe someone knows: what's the status of McHoodie's contract? Is Bowlen honoring it, or is he going to go the 'morals/ethics clause' route and try to make it a fire for cause regarding the videotapeing in London and not pay him what he's 'owed?'

Something I haven't seen, and maybe someone knows: what's the status of McHoodie's contract? Is Bowlen honoring it, or is he going to go the 'morals/ethics clause' route and try to make it a fire for cause regarding the videotapeing in London and not pay him what he's 'owed?'

That will be a case that goes before Goodall and the league. This firing was almost certainly the result of lawyers billing for 2 weeks of hours and finally saying "Yes, we believe you can fire him for cause".

The league upheld firing Lane Kiffin for violating team rules. I think that's a pretty good indicator that we won'd have to pay McDaniels.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Darrell Bevell -- Vikings offensie coordinator could be nice consolation prize if Frazier's unavailable

Brian Billick -- Former Super Bowl-winning head coach is the type of offensive-minded coach Bowlen prefers

Troy Calhoun -- Air Force coach well-respected in the NFL, known as a high-character coach; however, he released a statement saying he's not interested

Bill Cowher -- The Denver opening could be the one that finally lures him back to the sideline

Jim Fassel -- Former Broncos assistant has NFL head coaching experience, desire to get back in the game

John Fox -- He should be free of Carolina soon

Leslie Frazier -- Vikings' interim coach finished second to McDaniels two years ago

Jason Garrett -- In the unlikely event Jerry Jones lets him go, Broncos will come calling

Jon Gruden -- Current Monday Night Football analyst is in the mix

Jim Harbaugh -- No college coach's stock is higher right now

Gary Kubiak -- On the hot seat in Houston, and Denver could be very interested if the Texans let him go

Mike Leach -- Because his name seems to come up with every opening ...

Ron Rivera -- San Diego defensive coordinator could be ready to make the jump to a head coaching gig

Eric Studesville -- Interim coach has the chance to make an impression over final four games

that's a list of candidates from espn. you know, I think my top 2 choices from that list would be gruden and harbaugh, in either order. they could do a lot worse than kubes, fox or maybe even fassel (would fassel take a gig as an OC? I think he is great in that role...). cowher? hey, if he's interested and bowlen is willing to pay, but I doubt the latter. most of these other names do not excite me, but who knows.

and I still think mike nolan is worth considering.

that's a list of candidates from espn. you know, I think my top 2 choices from that list would be gruden and harbaugh, in either order. they could do a lot worse than kubes, fox or maybe even fassel (would fassel take a gig as an OC? I think he is great in that role...). cowher? hey, if he's interested and bowlen is willing to pay, but I doubt the latter. most of these other names do not excite me, but who knows.

and I still think mike nolan is worth considering.

I heard that Cowher's kids go to school in Colorado. (can't confirm though) Even though Cower has Carolina ties, if his kids are there, that opening might interest him.

isn't his health a concern for him and his family?

His agent says it is NOT! - NOT! - NOT! about his health. So, yeah, it's probably about his health.

Is Wink going to be retained as defensive coordinator? It doesn't sounld like Ellis or Xanders is going anywhere, so that probably means there is no chance of a football GM type to step in. I would like to see Gruden or Billick, but I don't know how that will help the defense. Would Wannstadt be a good defensive coordinator??