[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerry Jones wants Romo to Play This Season

jbran23

Just read on CBS Sports that Jerry Jones is eyeing a possible week 16 return for Romo, a Chritmas Day matchup against the Arizona Cardinals. With the Cowboys all but eliminated, wouldnt it be wiser to just shut him down and let Kitna play out the rest of the season? Jones says he wants to win the last 2 games of the season but whats the point really?

Worsen their draft pick :wacko: Maybe they are doing too well with Garrett and Kitna and he is using reverse psychology

I was thinking the same exact thing. You would think at this point they would actually be playing for a higher draft pick and "unintentionally" be tanking games. Of course maybe thats exactly what Jerry is thinking. Maybe he considers a rusty and possibly less than 100% healthy Romo a better option to get it done. Dunno :tup:

I want him to play as well. I picked up Romo in a couple keeper leagues. Teams that were in the playoffs obviously had to drop him for a post season spot. I'll take it and happily trade him away for a good draft picks next year. Somebody ALWAYS thinks Romo is worth a nice pick. So yeah...get your butt out there Homo and make yourself fresh in drafters minds for 2011.

If I were Romo, I'd want to play too if healthy enough to do so...its his job, he loves it and would be very happy to get back out on the field even if for a game or 2 this season:) Go Cowboys!!

Oh I agree with you. There is nothing wrong with him wanting to get back out there and Im sure thats what coaches and owners want to hear from their players. At the same time though, isnt the coaches job to do whats best for the team rather than what the player feels is best for him? I just see alot more risk than reward in bringing Romo back this season.

I want him to play as well. I picked up Romo in a couple keeper leagues. Teams that were in the playoffs obviously had to drop him for a post season spot. I'll take it and happily trade him away for a good draft picks next year. Somebody ALWAYS thinks Romo is worth a nice pick. So yeah...get your butt out there Homo and make yourself fresh in drafters minds for 2011.

Dont get me wrong, I want him to play as well. I picked him back up in my redraft league because I am desperate at the position. Im just questioning the move in real life football, not fantasy.

My guess would be to get a few games between Garrett and Homo (Romo) under their belts and see how the chemistry works.

Good think you clarified with the parenthesis. Such rapier wit would have been lost on all of us if you neglected to do so

:wacko: He's been calling plays there for 3 years.

I did not say it was good logic

Good think you clarified with the parenthesis. Such rapier wit would have been lost on all of us if you neglected to do so

You never know with cowg.i.r.l (Cowboy) fans. I find it is best to clarify everything as to not easily confuse your fragile minds.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

I did not say it was good logic

You never know with cowg.i.r.l (Cowboy) fans. I find it is best to clarify everything as to not easily confuse your fragile minds.

This is the part where I say Stealers to match your coolness

This is the part where I say Stealers to match your coolness

The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY makes me smile from ear to ear. Oh sweet precious memories of Seachicken (Seahawks) tears shining glistfully on the bar room floor.

Squealers is much more "meet you at the flagpole" material for further reference.

Id give the you finger, but it to to busy supporting that extra ring it is holding.

St ealers can not be written in these forums, nor can cow girls, but seachickens is tolerable, interesting!

cow girl = cowboy

St ealers =the only 6 time super bowl winners and YOUR DADDY

who comes up with these substitutes anyhow?

St ealers can not be written in these forums, nor can cow girls, but seachickens is tolerable, interesting!

cow girl = cowboy

DMD

The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY makes me smile from ear to ear. Oh sweet precious memories of Seachicken (Seahawks) tears shining glistfully on the bar room floor.

Squealers is much more "meet you at the flagpole" material for further reference.

Id give the you finger, but it currently up my life partners ass.

Whoa Whoa TMI brother TMI

Are they rushing him back? I mean, what if he's totally fine? I'm sure they're going to use a different threshold of "healthy" than they would if they were in the hunt. If they were in the hunt, they might get him back out there even if there's a slight risk of him hurting it worse, because perhaps it's worth the risk to make the play-offs. I'd think in this case, they're not going to push it.

But, assuming that's the case, that he's 100%, why not play him? I mean, assuming that you're not advocating every eliminated team from benching it's star players once they're out of the hunt.

cow girl = cowboy

Typical Steeler fan. I know enough of them and they are all the same. Major PITA's.

Yes, I'm a Cowboys fan and I say Romo should sit. Don't need him and there's no playoffs this year. It would be different if he had to come back for a playoff run.

Bpooch if it came down to a vote....cowboy fans would take the cake for PITA's hands down.

Whomper I have to admit the "life partner" comment made me laugh, but it was you that showed me how to do it big boy, so don't be jealous now.

Good luck today and although I hate the boys as much as I love the black and gold, I would like to see you crush the Beagles (Eagles).