[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mendy had 99 yds, not 100. Anyone effected by this?

GoNads

Elias and the NFL have made the following official stat changes for NFL Week 15:

NEW: Jets at Steelers(12/24/2011 1:31am):

As widely reported the Steelers were given a first down on a 9 yard run by Rashard Mendenhall. Press box statisticians decided to award Mendenhall 10 yds to match up with the first down. Elias and the NFL have officially changed it to a 9 yard run giving Mendenhall 99 yds rushing for the game. After an incomplete pass, Roethlisberger was sacked and the extra yard was added to the sack yards lost to line the stats up with the drive again. The missing yard has officially been removed from the sack. This means one more net passing yard for the Steelers.

•99 yds rushing for Mendenhall

•232 net passing yds for the Steelers

Elias and the NFL have made the following official stat changes for NFL Week 15:

NEW: Jets at Steelers(12/24/2011 1:31am):

As widely reported the Steelers were given a first down on a 9 yard run by Rashard Mendenhall. Press box statisticians decided to award Mendenhall 10 yds to match up with the first down. Elias and the NFL have officially changed it to a 9 yard run giving Mendenhall 99 yds rushing for the game. After an incomplete pass, Roethlisberger was sacked and the extra yard was added to the sack yards lost to line the stats up with the drive again. The missing yard has officially been removed from the sack. This means one more net passing yard for the Steelers.

•99 yds rushing for Mendenhall

•232 net passing yds for the Steelers

not sure if this is too late to help you, I think u said it had to be done by thursday.

This is why when u score 0.1 per yd it doesn't vastly effect ur leauge. While someone out there is crying cause he didn't get his 100 yd bonus, the guy in my leauge just shruged cause it didn't matter...

Decimal scoring with no bonus is the best way to play. It make ties really rare and shows that the better team won.

What's weird is MFL seems to be ignoring it, since it happened after Thursday morning. When I log in as commish I don't see any additional stats changes, just the original Thursday am ones.

Good thing this doesn't affect any outcomes in our league.

The league changed this after my league deadline of making changes at 5:00 pm on Thursday after I told the entire league this may happen. The league is now saying it's too late. What do you think is fair?

Following your rules is fair

For those that use MFL for their leagues, here is their explanation how they are handling it.

How is the late stats change for Rashard Mendenhall being processed?

Answer: For some background, our policy for official stat corrections by the NFL is as follows:

Occasionally, the Elias Sports Bureau (the official Statistician of the NFL) makes official statistics changes after a week's games have been completed. Note that there is no set schedule for when these corrections are announced - they might be announced a day after a game is over, and at other times, it may be weeks later.

When changes like this happen anytime between the end of the Monday night game and Thursday morning at 10am ET for a given week, they are included in the weekly stat corrections that are processed by our system. The commissioner can use the For Commissioners > Statistics Changes menu item to manage these stat changes as needed. There is an option to manually process them for any given week, as well as an option to automatically process them each week.

Any official stat changes that are made by the Elias Sports Bureau after Thursday morning of a given week will not be included as an option to be processed. Since the NFL can make stat changes at anytime, and since they often do make stat changes even after a week is over, our policy has always been to have a Thursday morning deadline for any official changes to be published and processed by our system.

Now, for the Mendenhall Week #15 background: There was an apparent error by the officials when marking a first down during the Steelers game in Week #15. They basically gave a first down to the Steelers on a first and 10 play with a 9 yard run by Mendenhall. So he ultimately was credited with 10 yards on a 9 yard play, and ended up with 100 yards for the game. On Thursday night, about an hour before kickoff of the Steelers game to start Week #16, the NFL announced the error and made a correction to his stats, changing his yardage for Week #15 from 100 to 99 yards. Since this change was made after our Thursday morning weekly deadline for processing stats changes, it is not included in the official stat changes for Week #15 in our system.

For what it's worth, we've had our stat corrections deadline policy in place since we were the first site to offer stat changes many years ago, and the Thursday morning deadline works very well because it allows leagues that choose to implement official stat corrections to have a final outcome determined well before kickoff of the following week so that owners know where they stand and can use Thursday afternoon and evening to submit their lineups for the upcoming week without wondering whether or not they won their fantasy match up the previous week.

With all of that said, the commissioner of a league can still update the fantasy scores to account for this stats change if your league feels that a stat change that was announced and updated by the NFL just an hour before kickoff should be processed. The commissioner can use the For Commissioners > Adjust Scores and Standings > Player Score Adjuster menu item to add or subtract points as needed from Mendenhall retroactively for Week #15 if needed.

I understand the rules say 5:00 Thursday but I informed everyone on Wed this would happen. I can see if I sent them a note this morning stating it was corrected and no one knew about it?

If this was for $200, I wouldn't give a crap. But this is for $1,000.

What are you getting at? You have a rule. And if that rule is enforced, you (the commissioner) lose.

You looking for some type of moral support to ignore or change the rule, for your benefit? You ain't going to find it here.

I understand the rules say 5:00 Thursday but I informed everyone on Wed this would happen. I can see if I sent them a note this morning stating it was corrected and no one knew about it?

Obviously, a crappy way to lose, but unhappily for you, I think the established league rules need to be applied. Maybe you can lobby for the championship trophy to have an asterisk engraved next to the winner's name this season.

:wacko: