[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets/Colts

Chief Dick

Glad to see you handle the loss with class, CH.

Adam Schefter said it best today... Peyton has 13 seasons under his belt, and will be 35 on opening day next year. The window is finally beginning to close.

I'm not too sure about that. He's 35, but a lack of hits has him rather low mileage. Watching him play it wouldn't surprise me if he goes pseudo-Blanda on us and plays for another ten.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank the Matador for his kickoff return putting the Jets in position to get the winning field goal. With the Jets winning, the Chargers get an extra second round pick in next year's draft.

The Matador looked as if he was going to be the piece that contributed greatly to a Jets loss yesterday, but FINALLY helped the Chargers in a playoff game, albeit with the Jets, not against them. :wacko:

At this point I am hoping for a Jets v Flacons SB. I would love to see LT get a ring before he retires.

You make it sound like a free pick. It was a third, yesterday's win makes that pick a second rounder now. BTW, Cromartie has been tackling pretty well this year. Jets fans sure don't use that old nickname for him.

According to that list, the Colts have 23 guys on IR! The Colts website only lists 18.

I don't know...the Colts site doenst have Gill listed but here is a link saying they put him on http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playe...75142/john-gill

still gives a pretty good snapshot of teams injuries

You make it sound like a free pick. It was a third, yesterday's win makes that pick a second rounder now. BTW, Cromartie has been tackling pretty well this year. Jets fans sure don't use that old nickname for him.

You must have been at the game, 'cause Collinsworth mentioned many times last night how he has a Rep for "being soft and does not like to get in there and tackle." The Colts even designed plays to get the ball out on The Matador's side to make him tackle instead of play the pass.

Glad you like him and glad he's gone.

You must have been at the game, 'cause Collinsworth mentioned many times last night how he has a Rep for "being soft and does not like to get in there and tackle." The Colts even designed plays to get the ball out on The Matador's side to make him tackle instead of play the pass.

While I'll admit, I've noticed he has gotten better this season, Cromartie is still entirely soft and a joke when it comes to tackling. I miss having him in the AFC West. The only time he hits the hole is when he's wanting another illegitimate child.

Here's my favorite example of his bush league tackling and Charger fans' most painful example.

According to that list, the Colts have 23 guys on IR! The Colts website only lists 18.

:tup: 9 of those guys were scrubs in preseason in early August.

I would say it is pretty even for in season injuries . . . and pretty comparable for starters lost versus scrubs that werent going to play anyway. . . .(exhibit A: a backup kicker? really?)

Clark=Finley

Collie=Grant (obviously some debate here)

Sanders=Burnett

I dont know enough about the Colts backup defensive players to make any more comparisons to all the packers starters :wacko:

:tup: 9 of those guys were scrubs in preseason in early August.

I would say it is pretty even for in season injuries . . . and pretty comparable for starters lost versus scrubs that werent going to play anyway. . . .(exhibit A: a backup kicker? really?)

Clark=Finley

Collie=Grant (obviously some debate here)

Sanders=Burnett

I dont know enough about the Colts backup defensive players to make any more comparisons to all the packers starters :wacko:

Both starting cornerbacks. Sander's back-up at safety (Bullitt). Sander's backup at safety's backup (Francisco).

Addai for half the season. Their best linebacker Session.

Collie's backup (Gonzalez).

c'mon man.

Edited by CaptainHook

He can be inconsistant, but Revis missed the first four games this year, and was dinged up for several others, and Cromartie did step up.

Rep.... yes, a rep people like you like to perpetuate, even if it no longer applies.

Other than the one pass to Garcon, a pass he was supposed to have inside help from Pool on... please tell me all about how Cro didn't play well, didn't tackle, wasn't a part of the defense that held Manning to 16 points. Tell me how much better the Chargers were becausae they traded him. Tell me how SD didn't miss him in their wild card game... oh, wait....

He can be inconsistant, but Revis missed the first four games this year, and was dinged up for several others, and Cromartie did step up.

Rep.... yes, a rep people like you like to perpetuate, even if it no longer applies.

Other than the one pass to Garcon, a pass he was supposed to have inside help from Pool on... please tell me all about how Cro didn't play well, didn't tackle, wasn't a part of the defense that held Manning to 16 points. Tell me how much better the Chargers were becausae they traded him. Tell me how SD didn't miss him in their wild card game... oh, wait....

"People like me?" Sounds like you are taking this personally. You swappin' spit or something?

I have watched him longer than you have and I know the player he is. Pouty, whiney, and soft. He is not what you would call and "upstanding citizen" either, but I guess you feel like you need to protect your own.

And yes, we did miss him in that wild card game. When he went Matador on Green allowing the TD that put the game out of reach when the Chargers were coming back. Funny how he ended up on the team he helped advance in the playoffs. Payback? (Payoff :wacko: ) He does fit nicely into Ryan's system and is not asked to play a physical style. Athletic good cover guy and on an Island in M2M. He has done journeyman work for you.

And that second round pick will be sweet, so it might make the Chargers better after all. He was expendable because the guy that replaced him is better (Cason).