[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints / Lions - THE Official Thread

darin3

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't believe that's correct, as long as its in the direction of a receiver....

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding

Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

EDIT: I thought the Saints player close to the pass was an o-lineman... if it was an eligible receiver, then I agree with you guys

EDIT AGAIN: I went back and looked at the play and I agree it was an eligible receiver. Mea culpa.

Edited by wiegie

It has to get back to the line of scrimmage unless there's a receiver in the area. If you throw it near a receiver it doesn't matter where you throw it.

Edit: I see you just added that tidbit to your post.

Edited by heydave76

SUH is still on the edge of dirty.. on the 3rd and 1 screen pass as SUH came up from tackling Brees he did a nice face rake.. I'm starting not to like STOMPER

Are you sure that Suh didn't rip his head off?

The Saints need to realize that the Lions can keep up with them scoring-wise.

Also, people who bet the over are probably a little bit nervous right now.

No doubt :wacko:

Not sure where two teams combining for 38 pts in the 2nd half would rank - probably happened in that Az/GB game a few yrs back, the Hou/Buf comeback game, can't think of too many others.