[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Falcons/Giants

loaf

So instead of taking a possible 3-0 lead, and instead of possibly cutting the deficit to 10-5 (as a road team in the playoffs), you would have risked getting nothing and losing your team's confidence if you didn't get it? And you'd do it against the Giants strength, which is clearly their D-line? This game was clearly win-able until the second failed attempt, after which they completely fell apart.

It's extremely easy to say that he shouldn't have gone for it after it failed both times. Yes, I would have gone for it in both situations. I just would have called a different play. The reason people were annoyed by you in this thread is that you acted like it was a no-brainer and an extremely stupid decision to go for it on 4th and less than a yard. I think it is a difficult call in both scenarios, and if I'm coaching, I make go for it in both situations as well, though it would have been a tough decision each time.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's extremely easy to say that he shouldn't have gone for it after it failed both times.

I said it beforehand.

The reason people were annoyed by you in this thread is that you acted like it was a no-brainer and an extremely stupid decision to go for it on 4th and less than a yard.

It was. The results speak for themselves.

You try to get the lead in playoff games. You try to keep them close. You don't just keep going for it on fourth downs as if TD's are the only option. Especially when your offense has been struggling and the team you're playing has been too. Points are at a premium.

Edited by CaptainHook

I said it beforehand.

It was. The results speak for themselves.

You try to get the lead in playoff games. You try to keep them close. You don't just keep going for it on fourth downs as if TD's are the only option.

You are absolutely right. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

I was really looking forward to reading this thread this morning and wallowing in the dismay of the Falcons. So I come in only to find the entire thing is Hook arguing about a stupid call in the 1st quarter of the game. What an utter disappointment. :wacko:

We need a "beating a dead colt" graemlin.

Thanks montster for not making this entire read wasted. :lol:

I defy any of you to be as drunk giannts whooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!! nring on the vikings they suck anyway

...And matt. :tup:

Elf is that you... :wacko:

Nah, I figure if I parrot his inane prattle a bit it will drive me insane before the Falcon's completely and utterly disgusting play calling, coaching, effort, playing, lack of a defensive line, lack of a defensive secondary, and noodle armed QB do.