[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg Projections Spreadsheet 2012 - GR.1

ts

Welcome to the 2012 Wtd Avg Projections Spreadsheet initial General Release. Many readers are likely familiar with the Wtd Avg Projections Spreadsheet FF drafting tool, initially distributed by Huddler 'dr. bob' and then maintained for a number of years by Huddler 'rhino' ... in 2011, rhino and I collaborated on the creation of the file as part of a transition plan designed to allow rhino to end his responsibility for maintaining this utility on an annual basis. This 2012 edition has been compiled by me, so any errors or omissions that users may discover are my responsibility alone, please don't blame rhino for any such issues. However, please do offer thanks to rhino for all the time & effort that he put in during past seasons to make this tool available, and for the assistance and suggestions he offered last year during our transition period.

Here is the download link to the 2012 site: download link.

After using the link above to navigate to the download site, right-click on each file to download, or select the desired files by using the appropriate checkbox, then download as a bundle; please be sure to DOWNLOAD the files only, do not attempt to unzip and/or open the files on the download site. Once the file(s) have been downloaded to your local computer, unzip the GR.1 file and open with Excel.

Some general comments on the 2012 GR.1 Wtd Avg Projections Spreadsheet:

1. New for this season is a User Guide document, provided as a PDF file. This document offers tips & suggestions for general use of the Wtd Avg Projections Spreadsheet, customization of same once you have downloaded your personal copy, and also includes a general 'troubleshooting' and FAQ section. It is suggested that both new users and experienced users take a few moments to review the User Guide after downloading it, as it offers some nice 'quick start' ideas. See also the Release Notes tab of the 2012 GR.1 file after you have downloaded and unzipped the XLS file.

2. Unlike past seasons, there is no separate 'TE-REQD' / 'No TE-REQD' version ... in the User Guide you will find instructions on 'splitting' the master file to restore this now-legacy capability for your own personal use if you desire.

3. Unlike past seasons, there are not separate Excel saved-versions of the spreadsheet. The current master file is saved as an Excel '1997-2003' version, which is compatible with Excel 97-2010. As was the case last year, there is no Excel 5.0 or Excel 95 version.

4. As in past seasons, there is no IDP functionality & at this time, no plans to add same. Sorry.

5. Some notes from rhino, as copied/paraphrased from prior season posts >> For those who have used this in the past, get after it. For those who have no idea what this is, get after it. Just download it. Put your league's scoring rules in the 'Scoring' tab, hit <F9> to recalculate the projected fantasy points for each player, and look at the results on the Rank tabs. Feel free to 'weight' the different websites (fftoday, espn, etc) as you see fit on the POS tabs (QB, RB, WR, etc), hit <F9> to recalculate, and see the results on the Rank tabs. There is a resulting 1-Page cheatsheet, which is sorted in the same manner as your Rank tabs. Also here is a Draft tab, in which you can keep track of your draft, team-by-team. When a player is entered on the Draft tab, that player is automatically highlighted on the 1-Page cheatsheet (and Depth Chart) tab, to mark that player 'off your list'. Finally - we strongly encourage you to keep this tool to the intended audience -- Huddlers -- and thus do NOT distribute or otherwise share the utility outside the "Huddle community".

As an FYI, at least one additional update to the file is planned this year, perhaps to be published in late July or early August after some of the customary pre-season NFL player movement has occurred, and after some of the 2012 FF player stat projections have been updated.

Enjoy.

ts, I am having problems downloading the spreadsheet. Can you post a different link for the spreadsheet?

Not sure what problem you have, so it is difficult to assist:

- can you not access the download site?

- can you access the site, but do not see the files available for download?

- can you select the files, but your download does not start?

- can you start the download but it fails part way thru?

- other?

The site is not password protected and the permissions are set to 'public' meaning essentially no access restrictions for those with the link to the site. A number of others successfully tested access to and download from this site before the GR.1 release notice was published, so I do not suspect a problem with the download site itself, and don't have an alternate one to use in any event.

Please try again (make sure you r-click on the files and select download) or provide more details as to the exact nature of your problem.

Edited by ts

ts, here is what I see for the download: Wtd Avg 2012 Projections MASTER GR_1 2012_06_28-v2003_zip?download&psid=1

I click on save, nothing happens.

I tried the rright side download, i get an error message saying the the download was rejected and do I want to try again.

I was however able toi download the PDF file.

ts, here is what I see for the download: ... i get an error message saying the the download was rejected and do I want to try again.

I was however able toi download the PDF file.

Since you can download the (much smaller) PDF file, this tells me there likely is no problem with the download site ... my guess is that the zipped Excel file with the actual spreadsheet is too large, and your particular ISP has placed some sort of limit on the size of files it allows to be downloaded ... sorry, but I don't have any real suggestions beyond checking your browser/ISP settings looking for some configuration setting that controls download parameters, or trying to contact your ISP directly. The size of the zip file on the download site is roughly 1.7 MB if that matters for your troubleshooting purposes.

Edited by ts

ts,

The punction you used to save the file changed from what I see. I do not see the periods instead I see "_" I also do not see the somplete link to the file. It appears that a portion of the file is being cut off. In other words I am not seeing what you see correctly; therefore I can not download it. Is there a way to transfer it in SkyDrive?

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic spreadsheet, one question however. Is there any place to input positions fielded during matchups?

For instance, my league plays 1QB, 2RBs, 1TE, 3 WR/TE, K, DEF. I'm wondering if this will change the valuation of WRs/TEs for my league and want to try to reflect that in the calculations.

WR Rank II #16 is missing stats and Depth charts for TE KCC is incomplete??? fyi

The Rank II tab issue has to do with there being 2 Steve Smiths and with 1 of them having played for several different teams in the past 3 seasons, the formula is having trouble locating Smith the lesser vs the greater on this particular tab ... not sure if there is anything I can do about that short term w/o fudging the team designation for him in (say) 2010 or whatever. The depth chart data was as of June 25th or some such date and will hopefully be updated again assuming I have time to issue a GR.3 spreadsheet update maybe in August - see the GR.2 release thread.

Fantastic spreadsheet, one question however. Is there any place to input positions fielded during matchups?

No, but check your PMs, I replied to the 1 you sent me.

Edited by ts