[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roddy White

nelsosi

What's the rule of thumb here...if a guy of White's capability/toughness is active - do you discount his potential performance and possibly look for alternatives or assume he will produce in his normal capacity? If he is active and you do discount his performance, how much do you downgrade him - from WR1 to WR3?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the rule of thumb here...if a guy of White's capability/toughness is active - do you discount his potential performance and possibly look for alternatives or assume he will produce in his normal capacity? If he is active and you do discount his performance, how much do you downgrade him - from WR1 to WR3?

Those are incredibly tough questions to answer. There are just so many angles to consider, especially when you add that the Falcons frequently overstate Roddy's injury status when he's at all banged up.

Judging by history, I still say Roddy plays, and the Falcons take what the Giants give them like they have all year. However, Julio is still raw enough to where Ryan will try him plenty, but will still want to lean on Roddy and Tony G on 3rd downs and when they really need to make a play.... So I think it's going to hinge greatly on how well Ryan and Julio/Tony G can connect, or if that Giants pass-rush puts them into situations where they need someone to make a play. In the latter case, expect Roddy to still be the safety blanket. If he plays, he'll be used as much as needed as long as he doesn't retweak anything.

I don't expect them to decoy him like they've done Julio, but I guess I could be wrong. I just don't see it with Roddy.

PPR I think if he plays then I'd strongly consider starting him without really good options, non-PPR is a bit more of a crapshoot as the Falcons recievers have been all year.

I think it really depends on what alternatives you have available.

Im looking at Antonio Brown vs Cowboys or B.Lloyd vs 49ers...ughh. Not sure if I should roll with either over White.

Same here in one league, B Lloyd or A Brown, no other options.

In another, A Brown, J Rodgers or Reggie Bush, hard to trust R Bush but that's probably the way I'll go.

Horrible choices all around.

I don't think they would play White if there was risk of re aggravation.I don't see them taking that kind of chance so close to playoffs.

+1

This game is big, but Atlanta has to have their sights set on making a run. White is HUGH for them and I would think they'd sit him today if they thought they were risking losing him for the playoffs. My $0.02 and (FWIW) I am starting Roddy.

Yuk. the NYG may want to remember that they are running the ball with their third/fourth/fifth string RBs today, 2 of whom were just signed to the team in the past week ... good for them I guess in the attempt to not abandon the run totally down 0-17 in Q2, but running inside is not working any longer, maybe time to try something else.

Yuk. the NYG may want to remember that they are running the ball with their third/fourth/fifth string RBs today, 2 of whom were just signed to the team in the past week ... good for them I guess in the attempt to not abandon the run totally down 0-17 in Q2, but running inside is not working any longer, maybe time to try something else.

All I gotta say is that karma's a bitch after the 0 points of offense and 4th down stops in that playoff game last year. Complete mirror opposite of that game.

Kinda wish the Giants would make a game of it, or at least that the Falcons don't step off the gas. Need some Roddy and Julio points.

I didn't want to start a whole new thread just to ask this question as it pertains to Roddy and the Falcons in general but, do they or aren't they going to rest their starters, are they still playing for home field advantage?

I didn't want to start a whole new thread just to ask this question as it pertains to Roddy and the Falcons in general but, do they or aren't they going to rest their starters, are they still playing for home field advantage?

yes they are. They haven't even clinched a bye yet

yes they are. They haven't even clinched a bye yet

Thanks, I looked at the standings, but trying to figure out everything is mind numming. Even if they lose out the next best record teams have 10 wins with GB 10-4 and SF 10-3-1 and then Seattle at 9-4. I'll admit I don't know how it then works out pertaining to who gets the bye when team records are tied plus SF as one less loss. My guess is that it would be divisional records but again i'm not sure.

One of the best things about Roddy is his reliability. Doesnt miss games. Rarely sticks his owners with a lousy game. Last week, I rolled with him and nearly did not live to tell about it. Fantasy Bowl this week...I just dont feel that good about starting him @ Detroilet. I think Atlanta can win again this week without using him much...

What say you Roddy White owners out there? Starting him tonight or not? :thinking:

One of the best things about Roddy is his reliability. Doesnt miss games. Rarely sticks his owners with a lousy game. Last week, I rolled with him and nearly did not live to tell about it. Fantasy Bowl this week...I just dont feel that good about starting him @ Detroilet. I think Atlanta can win again this week without using him much...

What say you Roddy White owners out there? Starting him tonight or not? :thinking:

Agree the guy plays through injuries and generally shows up when playing hurt. Not a Roddy Owner but I would ask what your other options are? that's the difference between every owner.

Thanks, I looked at the standings, but trying to figure out everything is mind numming. Even if they lose out the next best record teams have 10 wins with GB 10-4 and SF 10-3-1 and then Seattle at 9-4. I'll admit I don't know how it then works out pertaining to who gets the bye when team records are tied plus SF as one less loss. My guess is that it would be divisional records but again i'm not sure.

GB has a better conference record (or would if they won out and ATL lost out)

at this point i have no idea if i'm going with Roddy or not.

i'm really hoping to get some more updates on him before game time.

my other options are Alshon Jeffery at Arz or Santana Moss against the Eagles..

i've also got a game time decision with Sidney Rice tomorrow night

my league scoring is weighted toward TDs rather than yards however.

i could end up going with both Jeffery and Moss instead of White and Rice. God help me!

I have White, Vincent Jackson, and Decker. It looks like, so far, a repeat of last week and I can't risk a zero or two points from him. I have to roll with Jackson and Decker.

Seems like White's floor is much lower than Decker's this week.

It's gonna be torture watching tonight and rooting against him in a way. Then having to wait until tomorrow to see how it goes.

Now off to debate the Ridley v. Trent Richardson play. 4 day angst continues.

Maybe I should just split the pot. What do you all think about that? :fool: