[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Freeman Benched for Glennon

wpayers

Every FF owners thinks the guys on their roster have potential or they wouldn't be there. Doesn't mean we're right.

Unless that 2010 was a fluke he does have some talent, and it is being wasted by TB.

2010 and the predominance of the 2012 season shows that Freeman has the ability and tools to be a franchise QB. In 2011 he was running for his life and reacted by throwing a ton of passes off his heels. His performance was awful. But he corrected a large part of his mechanical flaws in 2012, right up to the last quarter of the season.

But it's pretty clear there's personality conflicts on a grand scale between he and Schiano. Why a HC would piss away talent already proven and not try to nurture it to vitality is beyond me. Schiano is going to get exactly what he asked for. Wait until he sees Glennon perform under duress.

But in any case, there looks like there's some real talent existing in Freeman - top 10 type talent with upside. But it's also clear it isn't going to surface as long as Schiano is in TB.

• Like 1

Tampa homer here. Despite this recent turn of events, the fact remains that Freeman has quality NFL arm, and appears to have a higher quality skill than Ponder's. One could argue his handlers here in Tampa have screwed the pooch.

Josh Freeman>Christian Ponder>Mark Sanchez>Ryan Leaf>Justin Bieber

Freeman has top 10 ability with upside??? Never ever going to happen, I do not care where is ends up. Not saying Glennon is the answer in TB in fact that will likely be a bad experiment and evfentually cost Schiano his job. But to think Freeman is anything more then a serviceable QB even in perfect conditions is just wrong.

2010 and the predominance of the 2012 season shows that Freeman has the ability and tools to be a franchise QB. In 2011 he was running for his life and reacted by throwing a ton of passes off his heels. His performance was awful. But he corrected a large part of his mechanical flaws in 2012, right up to the last quarter of the season.

But it's pretty clear there's personality conflicts on a grand scale between he and Schiano. Why a HC would piss away talent already proven and not try to nurture it to vitality is beyond me. Schiano is going to get exactly what he asked for. Wait until he sees Glennon perform under duress.

But in any case, there looks like there's some real talent existing in Freeman - top 10 type talent with upside. But it's also clear it isn't going to surface as long as Schiano is in TB.

I recently watched A Football Life - Don Shula, and one of the really impressive things about him that they highlighted was hid ability to adapt. He won with run heavy offenses and pass heavy ones. When he had a strong D and good runners he used. When he got Marino they passed a ton. Schiano is like too many other guys these days, wants to prove he can do it his way, instead of using the talent he has. (That is part of my beef with the Browns trading TRich.)

What's your point? That FF owners should roster players that they think will suck? If a guy is on my roster, there is some potential. With Freeman it is well justified. He has put up some very credible numbers. The question is whether he can be taught to do it with consistency. Schiano failed big time at that.

My point is that one can always tell when a player is rostered by the Great BB by the amount of knob-slobbing that takes place.

Of course everyone has the highest of hopes for their rostered players. But you, moreso than anyone else here, can spit-shine a piece of crap like nobody's business. :D

• Like 2

I recently watched A Football Life - Don Shula, and one of the really impressive things about him that they highlighted was hid ability to adapt. He won with run heavy offenses and pass heavy ones. When he had a strong D and good runners he used. When he got Marino they passed a ton. Schiano is like too many other guys these days, wants to prove he can do it his way, instead of using the talent he has. (That is part of my beef with the Browns trading TRich.)

Agree 100%. If you have no running game, throw the ball. Stop trying to keep running the ball. If your OL blows, go to the shotgun to give your QB an extra second or two.

HC need to work with what they have, not what the y WANT to have. Adapt is a four letter word for most NFL coaches.

Freeman has top 10 ability with upside??? Never ever going to happen, I do not care where is ends up. Not saying Glennon is the answer in TB in fact that will likely be a bad experiment and evfentually cost Schiano his job. But to think Freeman is anything more then a serviceable QB even in perfect conditions is just wrong.

And any statistics that prove otherwise be damned, right?

The year Freeman was poised to have before the last 3 games last season was as follows:

284 for 519, 3929 yds, 31 TDs, 10 INTs, 91.1 QB ranking.

That would have been #6 in the NFL in TDs, #8 in INTs for 10 or more starts, #9 in QB rating, #8 in ypa, and he finished #9 in passing yds.

I don't know how else to describe that performance other than top 10. And that was 13 games running.

In 2010 in his sophomore year he finished #10 in TDs,, #3 in INTs for QBs with 10 or more starts, and #6 in QB rating. Those are top 10 numbers only held back by that he was #15 in attempts.

The guy has proven he is capable of top 10 numbers for extended periods. I don't know how you could argue otherwise unless you are completely jaded.

• Like 1

My point is that one can always tell when a player is rostered by the Great BB by the amount of knob-slobbing that takes place.

Of course everyone has the highest of hopes for their rostered players. But you, moreso than anyone else here, can spit-shine a piece of crap like nobody's business. :D

Well if you say so, I guess.

Well if you say so, I guess.

I actually like Freeman. Not sure why his play has dropped off there in Tampa. V-Jax is a stud and Martin is a threat behind him.

Coaching? Could be.

Local chatter has him coming to the Great White North. Folks are a little excited. He's just as good a runner (if not better) than Ponder, but can actually throw the ball (like Cassel). Best of both worlds. Maybe the change of scenery would do him good and he could start putting up numbers.

Hell, if Freeman were here I'd be trying to get Jennings like crazy.

I actually like Freeman. Not sure why his play has dropped off there in Tampa. V-Jax is a stud and Martin is a threat behind him.

Coaching? Could be.

Local chatter has him coming to the Great White North. Folks are a little excited. He's just as good a runner (if not better) than Ponder, but can actually throw the ball (like Cassel). Best of both worlds. Maybe the change of scenery would do him good and he could start putting up numbers.

Hell, if Freeman were here I'd be trying to get Jennings like crazy.

The thing that really jumps out at me about Freeman is that spectacular TD/INT ratio for extended periods - 16 games in 2010 and 13 games in 2012. Those ratios are elite QB stuff. That's what really makes me wonder about the rest of the time. I know what happened in 2011. It was a mechanical flaw in his retreat and scramble.

In any case, intriguing to say the least. And not just because I own him. ;). I got him in rookie drafts and he just as easily could have complete and utter crap. No one really knows at that point.

I have always liked Freeman, but now they have all this talent around him and his play instead of getting better has digressed. I think this is the only thing the organization could do to try to jump start this team. I believe you will see a good Tampa team come Sunday....

What's your point? That FF owners should roster players that they think will suck? If a guy is on my roster, there is some potential. With Freeman it is well justified. He has put up some very credible numbers. The question is whether he can be taught to do it with consistency. Schiano failed big time at that.

Shouldn't you disclose that you rostered Tebow for a bit in a dynasty league :shades:

Anyone besides me wonder if Freeman(and the rest of the Bucs, to be honest) is sucking because they hate the coach so much? My father-in-law watched some of that game and both of us remarked how at times it just looked like there was a real lack of effort in the Bucs part. Maybe Freeman was thinking, one way or another, Schiano's gone or I'm gone, and it doesn't really matter which it is at this point. The real shame here is that the ownership likely won't address the issue and kick Mr Authoritarian's arse out the door because they care an awful lot more about their soccer team. After all, you don't need to win in the NFL to make money hand over fist. The Bucs are just an investment to them.

Edited by Tripleshot

Anyone besides me wonder if Freeman(and the rest of the Bucs, to be honest) is sucking because they hate the coach so much? My father-in-law watched some of that game and both of us remarked how at times it just looked like there was a real lack of effort in the Bucs part. Maybe Freeman was thinking, one way or another, Schiano's gone or I'm gone, and it doesn't really matter which it is at this point. The real shame here is that the ownership likely won't address the issue and kick Mr Authoritarian's arse out the door because they care an awful lot more about their soccer team. After all, you don't need to win in the NFL to make money hand over fist. The Bucs are just an investment to them.

Is this the same bucs ownership that delayed the start of Bo Jackson's NFL career or has the franchise changed hands since then?

Ritalin user with a prescription = druggie ?

Its not like he's doing heroin or meth. Heck he isn't even really at risk of being suspended because of his use of Adderall or Ritalin.

The druggie label is silly.

I was being partially facetious. Sorry.

I was being partially facetious. Sorry.

Gotcha, just heard too many people referred to as druggies when it doesn't fit. And once people read it on the internet, it becomes fact (they don't bother to read the linked story and think he's using pot or some other illegal substance).